ACC Shenanigans at play? | Syracusefan.com

ACC Shenanigans at play?

orangenauburn

2023 Cali Award Average Attendance
Through BC loss we were +49 (13 games) in foul shots disparity
Last two games we are -32 (2 games) in foul shots disparity
+17 for season

Will be very telling how season finishes ...

No, no, no. Bilas explained it all. You see we shot jump shots, and they were simply fouled every time they brought the ball into the paint.

It's really just that simple...

No, no, no. Bilas explained it all. You see we shot jump shots, and they were simply fouled every time they brought the ball into the paint.

I'm not saying its a conspiracy, but it is a cause for concern. When we were up 10, they reviewed the stats in the second half and on paper we should have been slaughtering them. The FT disparity was a huge equalizer.

And while I do think there is some validity to the "we took too many jumpshots" argument, that doesn't explain it entirely.

Might tonight's officiating have been a slight backlash to JB's demonstrative behavior on Saturday? Regardless of the explanation, its hard to ignore.

Something is up--and it isn't all just based upon how we're playing.

I'm not saying its a conspiracy, but it is a cause for concern. When we were up 10, they reviewed the stats in the second half and on paper we should have been slaughtering them. The FT disparity was a huge equalizer.

And while I do think there is some validity to the "we took too many jumpshots" argument, that doesn't explain it entirely.

Might tonight's officiating have been a slight backlash to JB's demonstrative behavior on Saturday? Regardless of the explanation, its hard to ignore.

Something is up--and it isn't all just based upon how we're playing.

Agreed. A lot of times our guys are going up for shots getting hit and no call. The calls we do get seem to be ticky tack and dont impact the game. Its the ones where points are involved we are getting the shaft on frequently that is really concerning. It takes away from how aggressive we can be when they continue to call it that way.

to me it seems like they have targeted Christmas a bit. bilas also chimed in on one of the two bogus offensive foul calls on rakeem. the Maryland guy was initiating just as much contact, to me those are the types of calls that are killers. additionally, we have gotten dinged on some moving screen calls lately, other teams moving screen our guards every game all game long.

I thought because of JBs outburst we'd now get the favorable calls?

I said this after the Duke game; get me out of the ACC and into neutral courts in the tournament.

to me it seems like they have targeted Christmas a bit. bilas also chimed in on one of the two bogus offensive foul calls on rakeem. the Maryland guy was initiating just as much contact, to me those are the types of calls that are killers. additionally, we have gotten dinged on some moving screen calls lately, other teams moving screen our guards every game all game long.

Good post, across the board.

Meh. I'm a Hanlon's Razor guy, and convinced that most referees (and people in general) couldn't find their own a s s with a map. I think this is all just randomly distributed incompetence that we're searching to find a pattern in...when it's just refs doing their normal, general terrible best.

Against Duke, we definitely deserved a dozen more free throws at least. Against Maryland, we're lucky we got the 6 we got with the way we moved on offense. But yes, Maryland should not have had so many.

Against Duke, we definitely deserved a dozen more free throws at least. Against Maryland, we're lucky we got the 6 we got with the way we moved on offense.

Not trying to sound like sour grapes, but against Duke there were numerous drives to the basket where their defenders were all over us. Several times we converted shots with them draped all over the offensive player initiating contact, but with no calls.

Frustrating. But expected in a game at Cameron.

Not trying to sound like sour grapes, but against Duke there were numerous drives to the basket where their defenders were all over us. Several times we converted shots with them draped all over the offensive player initiating contact, but with no calls.

Frustrating. But expected in a game at Cameron.

Grant should have had as many free throws as the entire Duke team last game. He took a serious beating - impressive game from him with that bad back. He finished a lot of those shots with tons of contact as well.

As someone mentioned earlier, the foul on Rak, after getting fouled immediately before that in the post, was pretty laughable.

Heard that and immediately said to myself "wait, at one point in the first half you said 11 of their first 17 shots were 3 pointers, yet we still had more fouls than they did and we certainly didn't shoot over 11 times from the 3 at that point in the game"

It's insane to think the ACC would do Maryland any favors.

I'd hazard the guess it was less about them and more about us. There's nothing put across expressly, but in the brotherhood, they're sure as hell not going to acquiesce after one of their own got shown up on national TV before millions of viewers on Saturday night. The rest of the ACC games this year will comprise the rest of "the initiation." And nothing needs to be said, everyone just knows. The only game in which we'll get fair is in the ACCT final if we make it, for no one wants to invite criticism for squeezing Syracuse in response to Boeheim's outburst.

Last edited:
I'd hazard the guess it was less about them and more about us. There's nothing put across expressly, but in the brotherhood, they're sure as hell not going to acquiesce after one of their own got shown up on national TV before millions of viewers on Saturday night.

Grant's the guy who drives and gets to the line, he was on the pine. Our bigs are good for 8-9 fouls a game.

I would like to see G or Cooney take it to the tin a little more.

It's insane to think the ACC would do Maryland any favors.

But would the refereeing fraternity want to get Greene's back and send a message to JB??

I'd hazard the guess it was less about them and more about us. There's nothing put across expressly, but in the brotherhood, they're sure as hell not going to acquiesce after one of their own got shown up on national TV before millions of viewers on Saturday night.

Agreed. I don't think there is some vast secret ACC conspiracy, but I think there was probably some fallout from JB's behavior.

Agreed. I don't think there is some vast secret ACC conspiracy, but I think there was probably some fallout from JB's behavior.

I goes something along the lines of, "Okay, we're going to be fair, but he sure as hell isn't going to get any favors."

But would the refereeing fraternity want to get Greene's back and send a message to JB??

I think refs are pretty bad in general. The last play they swallowed the whistle, that's all that really mattered at the end.

I think refs are pretty bad in general. The last play they swallowed the whistle, that's all that really mattered at the end.

I didn't see the game, so I can't really say. But I know if it was me in there, I surely don't want to be seen as the Grand High Inquisitor punishing Boeheim for Saturday. The image of being fair and better than that is important. and if there was going to be a foul called on Maryland's last shot, it was going to have to be a damn good one.

Cowtown said:
Somebody gets it. :)

It's grounds for people to be fired then.

Cowtown said:
I'd hazard the guess it was less about them and more about us. There's nothing put across expressly, but in the brotherhood, they're sure as hell not going to acquiesce after one of their own got shown up on national TV before millions of viewers on Saturday night. The rest of the ACC games this year will comprise the rest of "the initiation." And nothing needs to be said, everyone just knows. The only game in which we'll get fair is in the ACCT final if we make it, for no one wants to invite criticism for squeezing Syracuse in response to Boeheim's outburst.

So basically it's going to be okay to not call SU games objectively until the acc tourney final? And this is okay? Gotcha. Fantastic interpretation.

The refs better get their act together, or they all might be looking for work, with Louisville coming in their are enough teams fed up with Tobacco road unfairness to vote some people out. Florida St, Clemson, Boston College, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Louisville, Miami, Notre Dame, football schools have enough votes to let some people know they better change their ways. You probably would get a 9th vote with Georgia Tech.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom