ACC Signs 12 Year Agreement with Orange Bowl | Syracusefan.com

ACC Signs 12 Year Agreement with Orange Bowl

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
A lot to like here.

Of all the bowls, the Orange is my personal favorite. Miami is pretty easy to get to, has the best weather, is an amazing place to place (golf, South Beach, ocean, food, you name it, they have it), the bowl has a ton of history and it has the 1 PM New Years' Day time slot.

Linkage

1 article mentioned that 9 of the ACC teams have played in the Orange, it will soon be 10 and i was surprised to find out pitt never has, yet theyve played in 4 Roses.

go figure.

I agree.

The Orange Bowl was Ben's first bowl and I'm pretty sure the school's first bowl in 1953.

To me, it was always the best bowl game on New Years Day night.

I really am looking forward to returning to the game in the near future.

The food, the sun, the golf, the beaches and the game itself will be great.

The verdict is out ... the ACC is in !!

caruso3.jpg

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Same here - Orange was always my favorite. 1:00 on New Year's Day ... Sweet!

Debbie Downer should be along later.

1 article mentioned that 9 of the ACC teams have played in the Orange, it will soon be 10 and i was surprised to find out pitt never has, yet theyve played in 4 Roses.

go figure.

I don't like the time slot though. Rather see a night game. Ten of fourteen is pretty good. UNC, NC St, Pitt and UVA are the losers.

8- FSU, Miami
6- Ga Tech
4- Clemson, VT
3- MD, SU
2- Duke
1- BC, Wake

Like it. The Chick Fil-A (I always call it the Peach) and a trip to Atlanta is not a bad consolation prize either.

With the ACC basically running the bowl, does that mean they can pick who the opponent is?

One more reason for FSU to stay put...the #2 ACC team is guaranteed an Orange Bowl slot if #1 is in the playoffs.

I don't like the time slot though. Rather see a night game. Ten of fourteen is pretty good. UNC, NC St, Pitt and UVA are the losers.

8- FSU, Miami
6- Ga Tech
4- Clemson, VT
3- MD, SU
2- Duke
1- BC, Wake
nice research. i wouldve guessed wake, dook and then taken a flyer on ncstate.

timeslot does suck, cant figure out the 6 bowls and the 2 F4 games kickoffs. it apperars overlap is inevitable, but 1pm would likely have the path of least eyeball competition.

somebody is playing new years eve day. at least it wont be the Orange.

Good deal for the ACC.

The 1pm time slot isn't great though. People like to stay up late and party the night before and that makes it difficult with a 1pm kick for those going to the game. But the Orange Bowl doesn't want to go head-up with the Rose Bowl and I think the playoff games or a playoff games (are) being played that night so their hands were probably tied. Unless they wanted to play a New Years Eve night game that lead up to around midnight. But that isn't ideal either.

Jan 1st at 1pm is better than anything available on Dec 31st...gotta figure the 1st semifinal will be the evening of Dec 31st.

This is the first really next-level, proactive move the ACC's made since adding us and Pitt. Good for us. Should mean we're in the conversation, at least in the current atmosphere.

timeslot does suck, cant figure out the 6 bowls and the 2 F4 games kickoffs. it apperars overlap is inevitable, but 1pm would likely have the path of least eyeball competition.

Ideally Jan 1 would be the Orange at 1pm, Rose at 5pm, and SEC/B12 at 9pm. Just those 3 Bowls that day and no others. That would make the Orange a much bigger deal. Otherwise it is 2nd tier IMO.

Ideally Jan 1 would be the Orange at 1pm, Rose at 5pm, and SEC/B12 at 9pm. Just those 3 Bowls that day and no others. That would make the Orange a much bigger deal. Otherwise it is 2nd tier IMO.
looking at a calendar of jan '15, 1/1 is a thursday.

that settuing it up like this for the 1st F4.

thurs night game 1.
friday night game 2.

so some bowl is getting bumped to new years eve.

some bowl is starting at 4, the Rose then at say 5.

some bowl is likely bumped to sat at noon.

saturday at 4, NFL WildCard Game 1.
saturday at 830, NFL WildCard Game 2.

Monday Night 1/12...the National Championship.

lock down 1 on 1/1 and lets know it will always be there.

the ACC 1, @1 on 1/1...unless its playing for 1...in 1 of the 2 F4.

will somebody patent that for me......

I like the time.

New Years day at 1 pm?

Perfect!

On my day off I want an NFL starting time.

looking at a calendar of jan '15, 1/1 is a thursday.

that settuing it up like this for the 1st F4.

thurs night game 1.
friday night game 2.

so some bowl is getting bumped to new years eve.

some bowl is starting at 4, the Rose then at say 5.

some bowl is likely bumped to sat at noon.

saturday at 4, NFL WildCard Game 1.
saturday at 830, NFL WildCard Game 2.

Monday Night 1/12...the National Championship.

lock down 1 on 1/1 and lets know it will always be there.

the ACC 1, @1 on 1/1...unless its playing for 1...in 1 of the 2 F4.

will somebody patent that for me......

Thanks...had a small headache...now it's much bigger!! The makers of my Motrin thank you!! :confused:;)

Who really cares about the times. I don't know about you guys but during Christmas and New Year's the TV gets turned on for the first game of the day and doesn't get shut off until the last game of the day. So, I don't care what time the game is on, I'll be watching it, along with any other game televised those days.

Who really cares about the times. I don't know about you guys but during Christmas and New Year's the TV gets turned on for the first game of the day and doesn't get shut off until the last game of the day. So, I don't care what time the game is on, I'll be watching it, along with any other game televised those days.
what you are missing is the fact that there are 10 to 15k people in CNY, who want to control the start time of EVERY college football game to fit their little schedule. or they wont go, or watch a game.

forgetting the fact that for the other 350 days or so of the year, they have all the time in the world to themselves.

Oh Lord

But what about the 10 people who want to watch the NHL Winter Classic on New Year's Day? :cool:

But what about the 10 people who want to watch the NHL Winter Classic on New Year's Day? :cool:
you mean the MILLIONS who make it the ratings winner every year by watching, like myself???

start it at 330.

ill join in after the Orange Bowl, watch till end, then put on the Rose.

easy.

the NYR wont play for a number of years anyway, i can miss a period or so without them.

unless its snowing.

What I want to know is who's the moron in the ACC PR office who released this news right before the 4th of July? Talk about amateur hour. No one is paying attention right now! I thought the ACC was making a concerted effort to combat bad press and tell their story better. Off to a bang up start. Idiots.