ACC Spring Meetings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Spring Meetings

All these quotes are nonsense

No one is telling the truth. This is akin to everyone being on same page w big east in mid 2000s
Eh, kinda, but not exactly. I do believe, strongly, that most ACC schools would prefer to remain ACC schools.

Florida State is a perpetual loose cannon. And Clemson is high on their own supply at the moment, which may fade as soon as Dabo moves on. But the rest of the conference really just wants to close the gap, to a reasonable degree, with the B1G/SEC and maintain their status quo.

It's a strong league of like-minded institutions. Most of them don't covet being an appendage of the B1G or SEC.

Eh, kinda, but not exactly. I do believe, strongly, that most ACC schools would prefer to remain ACC schools.

Florida State is a perpetual loose cannon. And Clemson is high on their own supply at the moment, which may fade as soon as Dabo moves on. But the rest of the conference really just wants to close the gap, to a reasonable degree, with the B1G/SEC and maintain their status quo.

It's a strong league of like-minded institutions. Most of them don't covet being an appendage of the B1G or SEC.
I don't think you're wrong at all. FSU and Clemson absolutely want out. I don't really get that sense from the other members...

If we're left in a league with the other smaller privates I wouldnt even be mad...

BC
Pitt
Wake
Louisville
Duke
NC State
Va Tech

Im thinking in a hypothetical world of the league dissolving that UNC, VA, GaTech, Miami and FL State would get scooped up.

My point is everyone including SU would leave tomorrow for more money.

If the BIG called and guaranteed us 100mm per they would leave. Just like BC Duke or FSU

removing any subtext that people are working to make the ACC work is farcical. I think Clemson and fsu are actively trying to get out but the other schools would accept an invite if asked

Ironically only ND is not moved by absolute dollars. They operate to their own independent self interest but it’s not at the mercy of the last penny (like 99.9% of other big time sports programs)

What if the players/schools just went on strike? This is what happens when a labor group is unhappy with their compensation in EVERY other market. Why not here. All the ACC schools refuse to play their opening conference game? ESPN is left to run WSOP 1998 highlights all afternoon/evening. Maybe do it for a few games. With NIL, the schools could intice the players to "not play" by offering additional compensation when this is all over.

I mean, there really is no other choice right?

My point is everyone including SU would leave tomorrow for more money.

If the BIG called and guaranteed us 100mm per they would leave. Just like BC Duke or FSU

removing any subtext that people are working to make the ACC work is farcical. I think Clemson and fsu are actively trying to get out but the other schools would accept an invite if asked

Ironically only ND is not moved by absolute dollars. They operate to their own independent self interest but it’s not at the mercy of the last penny (like 99.9% of other big time sports programs)

100% true and accurate.

It's why the "like minded," "main mission of educating first" or the like type sentiment is simply a rationalization, settlement, etc. of sorts simply due to being uninvited/included in that elusive group. I mean, many of these schools that are currently inside the circle, along with those likely to be a decade from now, have/have had higher academic ratings, standing, etc. than Syracuse.

I do think that Syracuse will be okay when this all plays out in the coming years if left out, however, make no mistake, it clearly wouldn't be their first choice if they actually had their voluntary say in the matter.

What if the players/schools just went on strike? This is what happens when a labor group is unhappy with their compensation in EVERY other market. Why not here. All the ACC schools refuse to play their opening conference game? ESPN is left to run WSOP 1998 highlights all afternoon/evening. Maybe do it for a few games. With NIL, the schools could intice the players to "not play" by offering additional compensation when this is all over.

I mean, there really is no other choice right?
On strike for what though, working under the terms of the contract they all agreed to? That’s not something labor unions do.

On strike for what though, working under the terms of the contract they all agreed to? That’s not something labor unions do.
not employees either. Their option is to leave school in unison. Just drop out. At some point if every NCAA player drops out of school im' sure there will be a chance for change. sigh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom