ACC Tourney Tix | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tourney Tix

Geode

Block Head
The question is do I drop $310 on a complete package or look for single game tix for SU?

I would prefer single game tixs as I really don't care to watch wake, Ga Tech, Va Tech, Miami, Clemson, et al. Wouldn't mind catching a Duke or Carolina game. I realize I will probably spend the same amount for three single game tix on the secondary market. However, will demand exceed supply?

Does anyone have experience with the ACC tourney? I haven't heard good things about killing time in Greensboro.

I was thinking of going myself. I have family down there and it would be a cheap trip. I wanted basketball season tickets this year but times have been tough. I felt guilty for not getting them so figure I would go for the tournament.

Any feedback would be double appreciated!

It is just like the BE tournament. If you buy tix from a school, you MUST buy a strip for the entire tourney (in this case, Thursday-Sunday). The only way to buy single game tix is to do it on the secondary market. I posted something earlier about how to buy strips from SU. You will be able to find single session (not single game) tix on stubhub and around Greensboro. However, until we know what our seeding is, you will not know what sessions we may be playing in.

I wonder when we get to the later rounds if secondary market tickets would be available from fans of other teams who had been eliminated.

Anyone with similar experience with this? For example, was it easy to get tickets from Seton Hall fans at the Big East tournament once the Hall had been beaten?

Yes. Tickets for next round are always available from fans of losing teams. But you have to be at the area to snaggle them as fans leave the arena.

Last edited:
Is there a certain etiquette for this? I'm 90 minutes away from Greensboro and would hate to miss an opportunity to support the team.

Yes. Tickets for next round are always available from fans of losing teams. But you have to be at the arena to snaggle them as fans leave the arena.

Thank you - makes sense. Losing fans often don't stick around, but they are stuck with a strip, as you say. Very interesting.

Likely, though, you would have to buy the rest of the strip, right? Of course, we are going to play every game.

So when a game ends, as the fans come out you start yelling to buy tickets, and hope a losing fan is looking to dump theirs?

Creators and Harrison... My experience at MSG and at NCAA games is this, but I am sure it is the same thing at ACC tourney. Losing fans want to sell the rest of their tickets. Fans of winning teams (and scalpers) besiege them... trying to buy. You have to make it clear you want to buy. Also. some fans of winning teams... are "upgrading" their tix by buying other tix. So they are selling also. It is kind of a crazy bazaar.

Another good trick... go to team hotels of the losing teams. Fans there are also selling.

Creators and Harrison... My experience at MSG and at NCAA games is this, but I am sure it is the same thing at ACC tourney. Losing fans want to sell the rest of their tickets. Fans of winning teams (and scalpers) besiege them... trying to buy. You have to make it clear you want to buy. Also. some fans of winning teams... are "upgrading" their tix by buying other tix. So they are selling also. It is kind of a crazy bazaar.

Another good trick... go to team hotels of the losing teams. Fans there are also selling.

Again, thank you.