ACC Tourney | Syracusefan.com

ACC Tourney

GoSU96

Living Legend
The #1 seed hosts. Wonder what the contingency plan is or if SU is the #1 seed they ignore that provision and just do it in NC?

It's both extremely lame and great at the same time.
SU needs to beef up the Soccer Stadium the way UNC did it or even something similar to Providence. (I only cite those two because I've seen them in person and they are both really nice and do not seem to be cost prohibitive).

CNS seats 6,000, and it's field turf.

The Soccer stadium seats barely 2,000 and it's grass.

CNS seats 6,000, and it's field turf.

The Soccer stadium seats barely 2,000 and it's grass.

You must have skimmed over where I said "beef up," and then gave specific references of said "beefing" (for your googling pleasure). Also, CNS is a High School football "stadium" in the 'burbs some 15 minutes from campus. I think SU can do better (and I am in the camp that has mocked and ridiculed things like Texas HS football stadiums, coaches salaries, and Clemson's football "facility").

You must have skimmed over where I said "beef up," and then gave specific references of said "beefing" (for your googling pleasure). Also, CNS is a High School football "stadium" in the 'burbs some 15 minutes from campus. I think SU can do better (and I am in the camp that has mocked and ridiculed things like Texas HS football stadiums, coaches salaries, and Clemson's football "facility").

Did you attend last years LAX game at CNS?

Did you attend last years LAX game at CNS?

No. Not sure what that has to do with what i said? It's great the Program has amazing fans that will come out no matter what, and that CNS has provided an adequate emergency setting.

The point is, the University should not have to resort to playing games at a local high school. $75k per year cost of attenance... $1+bil endowment... $93.8 million in athletic department revenue in 2017-18... Soccer team could use a nicer facility. Would allow the lax teams to not move off campus should something be wrong with the Dome. That's all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom