ACC trips are going to be fun... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC trips are going to be fun...

But there's tons of buses running from various spots around town. Drop off 2 blocks from the stadium. Easy

Agreed. Very easy. Offered up more as a comment on those who find the Dome difficult. Chapel Hill is not to be missed. I plan on being there every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen Bub...we are Syracuse fans. I expect to arrive 8-10 mins prior to kickoff and park within 2 blocks of Kenan for $5 or less...oh and have pony rides set up outside the stadium for my kids. And I do not want to wait leaving...I have a hellacious 11 minute commute to Dewitt waiting for me when I get back to CNY.

Nailed it.

I spent a couple days in Atlanta last week. Went through the Georgia Tech campus and saw Bobby Dodd stadium. It reminded me a little of Alumni Stadium at BC, but in an even more urban setting (it's really built into campus/downtown). Looked like a fun place to catch a game, and Atlanta is a decent city to spend some time in.

I've never been big into attending away games, but assuming our team is vaguely competitive I envision hitting up a lot of the ACC venues. Raleigh, Tallahassee, Death Valley, MD/DC and Boston is a great division rotation. Sprinkle in some Atlanta, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville and Miami and it should befun.

Bobby Dodd is a fun stadium to watch a game in. I have watched GT play Miami twice there. Fans to tailgate all over campus but there is no truly centralized location. Regardless, it's a decent atmosphere and easy access.

I think the problem most people have with Atlanta is that they don't know where to go and its so darn spread out. I've been down here for a year and work in Midtown and there are a ton of bars in the Midtown area-just have to search around before you get here. Most of them have outdoor patios and are a quick cab-short walk over to Bobby Dodd and the refurbished Alex Mem. Coliseum. if you're up to it.

If you want a more Village feel, head over to an area called Virginia Highlands. You can park and walk to many bars & restaurants and its not too far from the Midtown area.

When our first venture into Atlanta gets closer, I'll post a decent list of bars, restaurants to go to. Hopefully, the new College Football Hall of Fame will be open by then. If the weather isn't cooperating I would think the HOF would be a go along with the Aquarium(worlds largest)-which is ridiculous and near the Olympic Park, CNN, World of Coke,etc, etc.

I take the Marta subway to Midtown everyday and have no problem. I think the locals aren't used to a subway and thats why it gets a bad rap, but its no different than taking Metro in DC-just a smaller subway system right now, but full of ex-NYers like myself. The area has grown too fast for the transit system to keep up-traffic is brutal.

Can't wait for the Cuse to take over the ATL!

If by "spotty" you mean the parking in Chapel Hill is non-existent by Kenan, you are correct sir. The public lots make Manley South look like it's just outside Gate A at the Carrier Dome. As for the spaces you see around Kenan, if you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford them.

But, Kenan is a great setting and the walk to Franklin Street is a short one and well worth the journey. As for fans at the game, you'll know the Yankees on sight -- they're the ones who aren't wearing a blazer/tie/khakis or a sun dress as the case may be. But, you just might be able to catch this year's version of Archie Bell & the Drells playing on the front lawn of the frat boys' house.

Even though it now looks more like a small city than the small village I knew, Chapel Hill is not to be missed!
back in the mid 60's su frats had bands that played on their lawns or front porches. they also had banners and signs on the houses

Clemson should be fun. Wear Orange without being targeted by crazy rednecks :noidea:

I can't wait for Charlottesville I get free tickets to those games and I don't have to drive since my assitant coaches son plays for UVA

I spent a couple days in Atlanta last week. Went through the Georgia Tech campus and saw Bobby Dodd stadium. It reminded me a little of Alumni Stadium at BC, but in an even more urban setting (it's really built into campus/downtown). Looked like a fun place to catch a game, and Atlanta is a decent city to spend some time in.

I've never been big into attending away games, but assuming our team is vaguely competitive I envision hitting up a lot of the ACC venues. Raleigh, Tallahassee, Death Valley, MD/DC and Boston is a great division rotation. Sprinkle in some Atlanta, Chapel Hill, Charlottesville and Miami and it should be fun.

I'm insulted I didnt get a call, scoochster.

I think the problem most people have with Atlanta is that they don't know where to go and its so darn spread out. I've been down here for a year and work in Midtown and there are a ton of bars in the Midtown area-just have to search around before you get here. Most of them have outdoor patios and are a quick cab-short walk over to Bobby Dodd and the refurbished Alex Mem. Coliseum. if you're up to it.

If you want a more Village feel, head over to an area called Virginia Highlands. You can park and walk to many bars & restaurants and its not too far from the Midtown area.

When our first venture into Atlanta gets closer, I'll post a decent list of bars, restaurants to go to. Hopefully, the new College Football Hall of Fame will be open by then. If the weather isn't cooperating I would think the HOF would be a go along with the Aquarium(worlds largest)-which is ridiculous and near the Olympic Park, CNN, World of Coke,etc, etc.

I take the Marta subway to Midtown everyday and have no problem. I think the locals aren't used to a subway and thats why it gets a bad rap, but its no different than taking Metro in DC-just a smaller subway system right now, but full of ex-NYers like myself. The area has grown too fast for the transit system to keep up-traffic is brutal.

Can't wait for the Cuse to take over the ATL!

It's not that people in Atlanta aren't use to a transit system that is the problem, it's the fact that if you don't live on the main line, and your destination isn't on the main line, it is quite time consuming to go where you need to go.

Also, for people who have visited Atlanta 8+ years ago and haven't been back, the Buckhead bar scene isn't like it use to be. Most of those bars have been torn down. The bar scene is a lot more spread out now and not as centralized. It is still fun though, but it is more spread out and everyone goes to a different area. Midtown is usually a younger hangout with a mix between bars/clubs/lounges. The bars are pretty good, and it is close to Ga Tech.