ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1)

Funny article by some FSU fans.

They are convinced they were given the hardest schedule in the conference. They say they have to play Clemson and UL, the two best teams in the Atlantic, and UNC and Miami, the teams they consider the two toughest teams in the Coastal. Plus ND.

But they have Clemson and UNC at home. They also play Pitt, who is better than the always overrated Canes. But again, that game is at home.

SU has to play Clemson, UNC, UL, Pitt and ND, all on the road.

So to me, they got off relatively easy. Stop crying and feel bad for your friends up North, Seminoles.

They point out that all 3 of the NC Research Triangle teams got to avoid Clemson. Only 4 ACC schools were not scheduled against the Tigers. The other was UL, who was also gifted with a very easy schedule.

I don't like the Sept 26 start. I'm of the mindset that most colleges will abandone ship in early October... Thats a bunch of lost revenue.

Yup.

Get the ball rolling. Tell the rest of the ACC to hook up Umass and Uconn with games. Get 3-4 games in before they play 1.

Oklahoma will play week zero.

Every ACC school should be instructed to get some games in ASAP if they can. We should host BC week zero. Cases are low both places.

They are convinced they were given the hardest schedule in the conference. They say they have to play Clemson and UL, the two best teams in the Atlantic, and UNC and Miami, the teams they consider the two toughest teams in the Coastal. Plus ND.

But they have Clemson and UNC at home. They also play Pitt, who is better than the always overrated Canes. But again, that game is at home.

So to me, they got off relatively easy. Stop crying and feel bad for your friends up North, Seminoles.

They point out that all 3 of the NC Research Triangle teams got to avoid Clemson. Only 4 ACC schools were not scheduled against the Tigers. The other was UL, who was also gifted with a very easy schedule.

It’s also the ACC everyone sucks other than Clemson on a national level right now. The gap between them and #2 last year was obsurd and no one even knows who would be that #2. Wasn’t us even tho we probably were #2 year before.

ignoring Chip = why are you here

%*#% it, didn’t want to be in his cohort

I mean yeah, there are way better cohorts. I'm trying to find one myself.

Is this how it is now. Every time I post you or one of your cohort are going to make a rude comment. My post was perfectly legit and just pointed the reality of the day. Do they still have the ignore button , I strongly suggest you stop reading mine.

Awww, come on. Just having some fun. But yes, we're all well aware of the reality of the day. It's ok to mix up the posting a bit and talk about a potential football season. No one will stop and think, 'wait! now storange wants old people to die?'

I think the lead is getting buried here: we still need an exemption from the NYS quarantine rules to make this work.
not necessarrily adding buffalo or army wont need to do the 14 day quarantine. anyone from outside new york state can be here less than 24 hours and be exemp

We can grok what you're saying - @ FSU, @ Miami. @ Clemson. @VPI

Last edited:
Awww, come on. Just having some fun. But yes, we're all well aware of the reality of the day. It's ok to mix up the posting a bit and talk about a potential football season. No one will stop and think, 'wait! now storange wants old people to die?'
Had no problem with the thread, really, I guess I’m saying under normal circumstances with us sitting with an easy path to a bowl and having it turned upside down I would be pretty upset. But with all things being what they are I’m not that concerned.

NC State doesn't play Clemson or Notre Dame this year. Shockingly, the NC schools got very generous schedules.

90 % chance this is much to do about nothing.
Really...kids are going back to school, if that can happen, there will be a football season. Especially since billions are at stake.

So there’s 75 conference games. What’s everyone’s guess on how many games get cancelled? I’m setting the over/under at 10.

Yup.

Get the ball rolling. Tell the rest of the ACC to hook up Umass and Uconn with games. Get 3-4 games in before they play 1.

Oklahoma will play week zero.

Every ACC school should be instructed to get some games in ASAP if they can. We should host BC week zero. Cases are low both places.
I agree with your # of cases point.

On the other hand, a late SEC start gives the ACC many more national opportunities. I'd like to see some Marquee matchups scheduled very early. Good for the ACC profile, and potential recruits...

Should the season be halted early? Its the ACC that will be fresh on everyone's mind.

Perhaps the SEC late start, is so when it hits the fan, the ACC looks silly? Dunno. But I'll take it.

NC State doesn't play Clemson or Notre Dame this year. Shockingly, the NC schools got very generous schedules.
We also don't play Louisville... it will seem odd not playing Clemson (despite the beating), probably because we have every season since 1954. No doubt we could have been handed a tougher lineup - but frankly - I'm not sure it's going to help us this season. My expectations for our team - and the entire college fb season - are not extemely high.

So there’s 75 conference games. What’s everyone’s guess on how many games get cancelled? I’m setting the over/under at 10.
im saying under with a caveat... the season will either be delayed if necessary or scrapped entirely no middle ground

What Id expect.

What we really need is a cupcake Dome climate controlled 50-0 beat down of someone. We don’t need a game where we win easily but are tested a bit. Which I think UB would be. Just destroy someone and pad the stats OOC.

I can see FCS moving to spring. Why not they’d get prime time TV and stuff ND State games would get good ratings. So we need to play an FBS. Liberty, Umass, or Uconn are ideal.

But Farwell can’t be trusted to behave. Hell put us in a position where we have to cancel. Make CousCuse happy and give him his dream game or throw the puppies a bone it’s gonna be at the Dome.

Don’t trust Liberty to not make this very uncomfortable for us.
Need a cupcake not Buffalo or Liberty. We can beat Uconn and get a lot of players in the game.

Need a cupcake not Buffalo or Liberty. We can beat Uconn and get a lot of players in the game.
is uconn going to quarantine for 14 days before playing us or do high school travel arrive day of game and leave right after?

siybds like western michigan would be asked after liberty

is uconn going to quarantine for 14 days before playing us or do high school travel arrive day of game and leave right after?
I don't think UConn would have to quarantine. CN is one of the few states not on the list.

Still, I think they would be way down the list.

So give me the rationale used to transform our 8 game original schedule to a 10 game schedule. I guess I get scratching FSU due to travel concerns, but why flip two road games to home, and one home to road? If the 2021 schedule is unchanged that means BC and Wake play at Syracuse three straight years and we play at Louisville three in a row.

So give me the rationale used to transform our 8 game original schedule to a 10 game schedule. I guess I get scratching FSU due to travel concerns, but why flip two road games to home, and one home to road? If the 2021 schedule is unchanged that means BC and Wake play at Syracuse three straight years and we play at Louisville three in a row.
With no or severely limited fans playing home or away doesn’t matter . There is no home field advantage. Anybody watching baseball?
This year is a total aberration