ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1) | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Updates 2020 Football Schedule (10 plus 1)

No way an out of state school quarantines for 14 days to play a FB game on day 15. Has to be UB, Army, Gate, Albany, Stony Brook, LIU or Wagner.
Are Army and Buff the only 2 still playing?

Why are you frowning? You guys beat us and should have won a second time. State never beats Clemson. Syracuse is more of a rival...
Ah, misunderstood what you were saying.

Reactions: gbo
The schedule is fine. Home sets up well. Away is difficult. No fans or limited fans obviously negates home field advantage to a certain extent. Hope SU plays Buffalo or Army as there is zero value in playing Liberty or WMU. All in all the ACC has done a solid job with the schedule and adding ND as a full member even if its for just a year as TV eyes will determine the financials and ND turn on the sets better than almost any team. This is a well thought out plan. A +.
I'd prefer to play either UB or Liberty. I assume the school is on the hook financially for cancellation of WMU. By playing Liberty it meets the contract. Liberty might even be able to move dates since their schedule is has at least 3 open spots right now. FBSchedules shows that Liberty is cancelled but I'm not so sure.

The big pro reason for UB is Cuse could play them September 19th or 26th. The game could move to UB literally on a few days notice if the Dome isn't ready for September 19th.
An even better option for playing UB. Cuse could play them on September 26th as the home opener. UB can easily switch their September 26th game with Bowling Green to September 19th. (BGSU has a hole due to tOSU cancellation). The other pro is helping out a team from instate.

P. S. One last option is to call up Storz and fill a hole at the Dome

Last edited:
I owned a ton of Walton stock.
Guys like you play chess while the rest of us play checkers.

I thought I was so smart putting all my money in something called Amazon back in 97. I tip my hat to you.

I actually think there’s a legitimate out for this game. ACC mentioned that non conference teams must be adhering to the same standards that the ACC set up with Covid protection.

There’s no way in hell Liberty falls under that category. I am willing to be that school will be trying to operate like nothing is going on.

I was actually thinking the same thing about Liberty. I think you're onto something but who knows? They might realize there is no choice but play by the rules this season.

I'd prefer to play either UB or Liberty. I assume the school is on the hook financially for cancellation of WMU. By playing Liberty it meets the contract. Liberty might even be able to move dates since their schedule is has at least 3 open spots right now. FBSchedules shows that Liberty is cancelled but I'm not so sure.

Finally, the big pro reason for UB is Cuse could play them September 19th. The game could move to UB literally on a few days notice if the Dome isn't ready. The other pro is helping out a team from instate.

I would be interested in if there is any contractual language regarding cancellation due to pandemics. It's not something we could control. Obviously going to be an issue that is discussed nationwide.

I would be interested in if there is any contractual language regarding cancellation due to pandemics. It's not something we could control. Obviously going to be an issue that is discussed nationwide.

It will be a part of every force majeure clause going forward. Whether it counts for contracts signed prior to March will probably keep attorneys gainfully employed for quite some time.

Save the sarcasm for someone else.
Save the platitudes and obvious comments for someone else. Nobody wants for this to happen, but a very large and irresponsible part of society has all but assured it.

I was actually thinking the same thing about Liberty. I think you're onto something but who knows? They might realize there is no choice but play by the rules this season.
I tend to think we'll scratch Liberty this year. I'm also ok if we play them assuming they have sane testing protocols.

UB is easier to prepare for and offers great scheduling flexibility around September 19th and 26th.

Agree UB seems to make most sense. That said, Army won't be as affected by a conference deciding to shut down.

UB is easier to prepare for and offers great scheduling flexibility around September 19th and 26th.

is it an automatic that these games will be on Saturdays too? I mean i would assume with no fans these games could be played at any point during the week assuming teams have ample time btw games.

is it an automatic that these games will be on Saturdays too? I mean i would assume with no fans these games could be played at any point during the week assuming teams have ample time btw games.
True...the Mouse might need to fill a hole.

On a related thought: I wonder if Maction still happens this year?

I really think UB is the answer for our non-conference hole. I checked West Point's schedule and at this moment they have a bye on September 19th and a hole on Oct 10th (Princeton cnxd). UB offers better flexibility at this time.

With an 11 game schedule, still need 6 wins for a bowl?
Yes, everyone will still need 6 wins to become bowl eligible (assuming there are bowls, of course).

Swarbrick did not need to be broken. Swarbrick knows the score and what is best for ND football long term.

In fact, Swarbrick is probably now working on the ND brass to pull the trigger by the end of this coming semester, with him becoming the next ACC Commissioner to ease ND in as an insider.
I think tobacco road would burn before they let an Irish Yankee take over their league

The big pro reason for UB is Cuse could play them September 19th or 26th. The game could move to UB literally on a few days notice if the Dome isn't ready for September 19th.
An even better option for playing UB. Cuse could play them on September 26th as the home opener. UB can easily switch their September 26th game with Bowling Green to September 19th. (BGSU has a hole due to tOSU cancellation). The other pro is helping out a team from instate.

maybe being a pandemic in all we just add them into a future year or all non conference games from this year go to next year?

We made it thru 128 posts feeling sorta normal and not thinking about how we're all going to die from this pandemic.

Thanks for getting us back on point.
Is this how it is now. Every time I post you or one of your cohort are going to make a rude comment. My post was perfectly legit and just pointed the reality of the day. Do they still have the ignore button , I strongly suggest you stop reading mine.