ACC | Syracusefan.com

ACC

4the Dubbz

Walk On Padawan
I’ve digested our move to the ACC for years and I’ve always thought Syracuse had to make a move but I’m not sure moving to the ACC was the right move. I’m even more so concerned today after watching the ACC network because the ACC network does not develop the league advertisements for Syracuse to be competitive or attractive. I saw one Syracuse highlight for basketball with Battle making a game winner followed by two highlights against Syracuse and I don’t think that’s by mistake. It’s making it incredibly hard to be a fan the way I used to.

The ACC Network has set my viewing capabilities back by about 20 years but I assume it will work out sooner than later. I don’t love the ACC as a home but there was truly no other option. We are very lucky to be in this conference vs any of the alternatives that could have played out.

I really can’t even rationalize how people could think the ACC wasn’t an ideal move for us

At least half and maybe all of these posters have their brains back in the Old Big East. The good old days, I guess, were the Big East days in of the 1980’s.

They know we had no choice. But, nostalgia has a strong pull on them.

At least half and maybe all of these posters have their brains back in the Old Big East. The good old days, I guess, were the Big East days in of the 1980’s.

Makes sense, i wasnt alive in the 80s

I certainly didn't like the move when it was announced. However, given what happened to the Big East, I just accepted it. Yes, we are considered a "second rate" citizen in the ACC due to our being far North of where all the major conference schools are. I've always contended "If you want to be the best, you have to play the best teams". The main reason for me not liking the ACC in recent years was the fact my TV games diminished significantly. With the ACCN I will now get a lot more TV games this season and I'm happy for that. Another reason a lot of us don't necessarily appreciate the ACC is the fact we haven't really accomplished anything to prove we belong (although I think we had a good ACC record in the first year 2014). If we can start challenging for ACC Conference and Tournament Championships then more people will think "we belong".

I have started to really appreciate the move. This year's football season has been a downer and we haven't been the basketball power we were in the Big East.

With that said we have established a budding rivalry with Duke that has become must see TV. These games have raked in the same high profile as the old SU GTown games just minus the pure hatred.

Additionally, aside from the downer this year, we have the attention of the current ACC football power Clemson. Those games have really meant something to us and made for the beginnings of hopefully a rivalry once we recover on the gridiron (hopefully).

Add that to the financial advantages, the TV exposure and having all that ahead of the most monumental change in SU sports history, the eventual retirement of JAB and you know I do think this move is pretty ok.

Our old time rivals in football were more compelling.

maybe it is paranoia, who knows. I do understand why it was a good move. I don’t think the league is giving Syracuse the same love as they do to their darlings. If it was one off where I noticed it, I wouldn’t say anything. There’s consistency to it and goes all the way back to when they joined. It’s better to ask the question if you believe there is bias, right? It could completely be me just seeing Syracuse being lost in the shuffle of an already established league.

lol you guys need some privacy? I know I’m not a part of the little internet crew but it’s cool to @ me. I’m not going to try to thumb wrestle you. For a timeline reference though, I usually think of the basketball starting at around the Todd Burgan times.

BC, Lville, Miami, Pitt, VaTech. If that was our division it would be great.

I won't disagree with having that division. As long as we can cross with Clemson every year.

I’ve digested our move to the ACC for years and I’ve always thought Syracuse had to make a move but I’m not sure moving to the ACC was the right move. I’m even more so concerned today after watching the ACC network because the ACC network does not develop the league advertisements for Syracuse to be competitive or attractive. I saw one Syracuse highlight for basketball with Battle making a game winner followed by two highlights against Syracuse and I don’t think that’s by mistake. It’s making it incredibly hard to be a fan the way I used to.
What Syracuse highlights would you have them use, in a one minute spot with 15 teams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom