ACCNetwork is worthless | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACCNetwork is worthless

My screen froze so many times just as a shot approached the rim that I swear I was being Punk'd...there's no way it could be coincidental THAT many times. Also, every time it resumed after freezing, Frank Howard was lying on the ground lol

With all the minutes Boeheim tires him with, can you blame him for wanting to rest a bit? ;)

Odd feature tonight -- for my viewing pleasure the first round of ads had sounds. Then they repeated the same ad cycle but turned off the sound. That was a nice bonus but given my past experience with WatchESPN I fail to believe it was an intentional act.

BTW - their filler ads for their own crappy talking head shows are embarrassing. Nothing says "unable to sell air time" like those ads.

Missed the first five minutes of the game because the feed didn’t even work. They really should have this down st this point it’s 2017!

I asked in another thread - this has to be a Dome/Cuse issue correct? EVery other game streamed seamlessly.

How are you guys watching these games? I have a $40 Roku streaming stick, and I sign in on the ESPN app with my cable login and watch every game in HD on my TV with very few issues.

It's 100% a Syracuse/Dome issue, maybe mixed with whatever ESPN tech is used in the building.

With everybody mentioning their carriers...Spectrum, Fios, Cablevision, etc, it's obviously not the actual connection of users.

I use a Roku or Playstation, or my Surface - all devices see the same issues with SU games, football and hoops. The streams will look crystal clear and work fine 80% of the time, but there are far too many instances of pixelating, freezes, lags and other minor issues that shouldn't crop up so frequently. I see no issues streaming other games, or Netflix/Amazon. It's Syracuse or whoever produces the game...

Anyone else have an issue with the repetitive commercials? Seeing the same commercial 20 times in a game can wear on some of us. Sometimes I see the same commercial twice during the break. I kind of miss the recycling one from a couple of years ago though, it kind of comforted me for some reason. Maybe subconsciously I related it to reincarnation?
I miss Cole muffler commercials!

I can usually stream games ok but it's a pain in me arse and usually not great quality.

Can we get rid of 40 or 50 channels no one watches and get games back on TV somehow?

I watched with Apple TV. Once the first 5 minute loading issue was solved the stream was perfect the rest of the way. If you have a blurry stream or it keeps freezing, either you have too many devices using your internet, or you need to upgrade to a faster plan.

I watch on my TV through the WatchESPN app via Apple TV or on my iPad - again via the WatchESPN app.

But after reading everybody's issues on this thread I'm convinced the problems are with either ESPN or wherever the broadcast originated because we all had the same exact issues at the same times and we're all in different parts of the country.

I feel like I need to hire my own IT guy just to watch a basketball game.

What are the ppl with the crystal clear game feeds doing differently than me? I’m paying 40 bucks a month for my internet through Spectrum.

I miss the good old days when I could watch EVERY game on tv in HD. How have we regressed in that regard? It’s so odd to me.
No Net neutrality will take care of this

watched the 2nd half on a Kindle Fire, worked fine.

It absurd that the Acc doesn't have a network similar to the Big Ten Network at this point, its amateur hour.

Big Ten Network format still may not solve everything. They have 3 channels - during football season, they usually show different games on each of the 3. But during basketball season, they show the same game on all 3, so some non-conference games are still relegated to the BTN online site that you have to pay extra for.

Now that being said, I have to think the ACC Network probably wouldn't miss many opportunities to show a Syracuse game that no other networks have picked up.

I could watch Syracuse v Lemoyne exhibition game on TV from my apartment in Chicago in 1995 with no issues. Just sayin'...

Did you have satellite?

It absurd that the Acc doesn't have a network similar to the Big Ten Network at this point, its amateur hour.

Yeah, I thought we were in the premier bball conference...

Even the PAC12 has it better... I’ve seen more of Hop’s Huskies cupcake games on tv than I’ve seen of my Orangemen’s cupcake games on tv.

Yeah, though we were in the premier bball conference...

Even the PAC12 has it better... I’ve seen more of Hop’s Huskies cupcake games on tv than I’ve seen of my Orangemen’s cupcake games on tv.

PAC12 seems like it has the best set up with 6 different channels devoted each devoted to 2 or 3 teams. I hardly watch it though except for a couple Washington games this year since I don't get it in HD.

Worked fine for me. I've had no problems getting any games on the ACC Network through my Apple TV. Therefore, it is not a Dome/SU issue. If you have problems, contact your internet provider. (I realize that won't be fun.)

Did you have satellite?
sXNTkyY.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom