Actual Important Question | Syracusefan.com

Actual Important Question

Melancer46

Living Legend
Ok, so student ticket packages are $40. Not sure if the school offers some sort of transportation or hotel package, but suddenly it seems like I might be able to afford a trip to see the Final Four in person. I'm a junior now. If I stay on campus, would I regret passing up an opportunity to see the Final Four in person while experiencing the Final Four with the rest of campus instead? Or would I regret leaving campus/missing out on the possible celebration with my fellow students while going to watch the games in person instead? This is such a difficult decision.

Edit: Also, my girlfriend bought me tickets to see my Milwaukee Bucks play in person for the first time in my life this Friday, so if I chose to go to the Final Four, I'd basically be telling my girlfriend for what was a great birthday present.

I stayed on campus in 1987 and never regretted it. Some frat brothers went to New Orleans and they never regretted it.

You can't go wrong.

Ok, so student ticket packages are $40. Not sure if the school offers some sort of transportation or hotel package, but suddenly it seems like I might be able to afford a trip to see the Final Four in person. I'm a junior now. If I stay on campus, would I regret passing up an opportunity to see the Final Four in person while experiencing the Final Four with the rest of campus instead? Or would I regret leaving campus/missing out on the possible celebration with my fellow students while going to watch the games in person instead? This is such a difficult decision.
36855336.jpg

Edit: Also, my girlfriend bought me tickets to see my Milwaukee Bucks play in person for the first time in my life this Friday, so if I chose to go to the Final Four, I'd basically be telling my girlfriend for what was a great birthday present.

Are you going to marry her? If no then there's your answer.

I drove down to New Orleans from campus in 2003 and wouldn't trade the experience for anything in the world. We spent 23 hours or so on the road, through some poor weather and ridiculously rural/dark areas, but made it to Louisiana and had the times of our lives. We didn't even stay in NO since we had no money. We found some crappy hotel in Baton Rouge and drove the hour or so each way each night.

Whether or not we win it all may not matter a ton, because the experience is well worth it. Look at it this way...when will you EVER get the chance to go to the Final Four and potentially witness SU win it all while you are a student??? Real life gets in the way later on. Take advantage while you can. I'm sure your girl will understand. She better!

I will say, I have no idea how amazing campus was that weekend, but being there in person was incredible and something I'll never forget.

If you can go to ATL to see Cuse in FF, are you kidding me? Go! How often does this opportunity come about? Assuming your girlfriend is a Cuse student or fan, how can she fault you? Take her with you and have a great time!

Before I realized how cheap the tickets were, I had kinda convinced myself the following:
1. This is probably the only time I'll ever be able to experience the Final Four on campus with all of the other students.
2. I feel like there's always a chance that I could save up money to witness the Final Four in person later on in life, but I probably will never be able to experience it on campus ever again.
3. I'm poor, and if the hotel/transportation will be pretty costly, I don't think my family can afford it.

Before I realized how cheap the tickets were, I had kinda convinced myself the following:
1. This is probably the only time I'll ever be able to experience the Final Four on campus with all of the other students.
2. I feel like there's always a chance that I could save up money to witness the Final Four in person later on in life, but I probably will never be able to experience it on campus ever again.
3. I'm poor, and if the hotel/transportation will be pretty costly, I don't think my family can afford it.
Look at it 2 ways...have the time of your life in ATL, while spending lots of money
OR
Stay on campus...have the time of your life, and save money, Chucks, Faegens, etc. Maybe they do a watch thing again in the dome...?

And yes, she's a Syracuse student and fan. Bought season tickets for the first time this semester because I turned her into a basketball fan.

Edit: I'm more concerned about deciding between enjoying the Final Four on campus for free/very little money Vs. spending a ton to go to Atlanta than I am about the girlfriend part lol

And yes, she's a Syracuse student and fan. Bought season tickets for the first time this semester because I turned her into a basketball fan.

Edit: I'm more concerned about deciding between enjoying the Final Four on campus for free/very little money Vs. spending a ton to go to Atlanta than I am about the girlfriend part lol

The FF is an experience you wouldn't forget, and a once in a lifetime opportunity!! Getting drunk on campus and watching with everyone is something that happens every week!

Road trip, dude, road trip...

I'm poor, and if the hotel/transportation will be pretty costly, I don't think my family can afford it.

Listen young grasshopper. In 1988 I went to the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans with $5.00. I wasn't planning on going but some buds were driving to NO with an open space in the car. They kindly offered to give me a charity ride. We stayed at the NO YMCA (yikes!). Somehow, I managed to eat, drink (loads!), get a ticket to the game and come all of the way home with $12.00 in my pocket. Best time ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do it now, for tomorrow may never come.

I was on campus when we won. It was unreal

Are you really allowing Milwaukee Bucks tickets to even enter the equation???? How much are they paying you to fill those seats?

Are you really allowing Milwaukee Bucks tickets to even enter the equation???? How much are they paying you to fill those seats?

Haha
1. They're my favorite team
2. Those tickets are more of an afterthought. My inner debate is more about whether or not I want to drop $400+ to go to Atlanta or stay on campus and experience it with everyone else/be here to welcome the team back for free since I already got to experience watching them reach the Final Four in person today.

buy a couple of tickets and then sell them to me for the good karma you will get;)

You only learn this when u have a little bit if money, but it and go to atl. A thousand dollars should never stand in ur way. It has no impact on ur bottom line later in life. U should go hands down and take the ball and chain w u but only if she can hang.

buy a couple of tickets and then sell them to me for the good karma you will get;)
See, that's what needs to happen. If you don't go, at least get some tix for a fellow SU fan. If they only cost $40, you could even make a nice profit without screwing someone over.

See, that's what needs to happen. If you don't go, at least get some tix for a fellow SU fan. If they only cost $40, you could even make a nice profit without screwing someone over.

I wish, but it's only a voucher that we get, so I'd have to go to Atlanta to trade in the voucher for the actual ticket and then sell it to someone outside lol. Syracuse makes it really difficult to buy tickets for family and friends at a discount.

Sell the voucher?

10 years ago we waited outside the Dome for tix overnight, I think Sunday or Monday night. Once we got into the Dome, we waited, but were able to buy tix directly. I think they cost us $75 each, but we got the tix right away. That's how we were able to get a friend from another school tix to go with us. Seems a lot more difficult now.

I think you've got it right here. I've got some years on you and I'll be in Atlanta but you'll carry your college memories for the rest of your life. You will have other chances to go to other Final Fours and the Orange WILL be there again. You may never get a cheaper FF ticket but my advice is to stay on campus for this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom