Actually feel bad for Uconn (after reading their board) | Syracusefan.com

Actually feel bad for Uconn (after reading their board)

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Because I know what's coming down their way. Read the sad post from the frustrated fan on his sideline demeanor in the thread on "P is a bad coach" and you can almost feel his pain.

Because I know what's coming down their way. Read the sad post from the frustrated fan on his sideline demeanor in the thread on "P is a bad coach" and you can almost feel his pain.

screw UConn. they cannot have enough misery. I will enjoy watching them suffer through the P & D show for as long as it lasts; watching them blow the game today was an enjoyable way to kick off the weekend.

I was rooting for them. The big East needs non-conference BCS wins any way they can get them. UCONN is 0-2. I hope we can go 2-0.

To every UConn fan that argued with me that P should never have been fired from Syracuse...this is his (and their) chance to prove me wrong.

So far, not looking so good.

Liked P's gameplan, he just had the wrong QB in at the end of the game.

Thought this post would be talking about how no one is talking about UConn going to any conference and getting left out in the conference reshuffle.

I was rooting for them. The big East needs non-conference BCS wins any way they can get them. UCONN is 0-2. I hope we can go 2-0.
me too,and i do not understand the animosity toward p&d . that should have been directed at jake and the worst offender BUZZ SHAW. p's worst season was when he had konrad and company----that was a bad year he had the talent to go all the way. other than that, he did what he could do with no support from the university.

screw UConn. they cannot have enough misery. I will enjoy watching them suffer through the P & D show for as long as it lasts; watching them blow the game today was an enjoyable way to kick off the weekend.
Dude I'm with you on this. Then when they get rid of them they can hire GRob:D

my two cents

edsall knew his program would have a set back,that's why he bailed

pasqualoni inherited a pretty good program when he took over at the 'cuse

exactly, he knew their success was only fleeting and due, in part, to a down big east that coincided perfectly with uconn's move in. he got his credit and jumped ship before it sank...can't blame him, but you can blame him for being a head about it after their bowl game last year and then calling maryland his dream job...

I was pulling for uconn... actually watching their game makes me more confident that that's another win opportunity on our schedule (makes up for how difficult toledo will be) so why not root for ooc wins for the big east at this point? only makes us look better when we beat them.

Can you expect any different result when playing 3 QBs - it really shows indecisiveness on the part of coach P and with 2 games UConn could have easily won in the past 2 weeks - the fan base and team begin to lose confidence too.

Coach P needs to make a decision or he will sink really low really quick - fans, team and future recruits. At least he could have went with 1 main QB and then had a second with a few set plays like we had with Paulus & Nassib - but 3 QBs - the disaster is his own making and their is no one to blame but himself.

It's not like me to be defending, but Deleone specifically gets a pass this year. He was handed nothing to work with, I'm surprised they are getting as much production as they are on offense.

Having said that, I hope UConn falls off a cliff. Because it's better for us. I care about that more than anything else.

I am not a big fan of P&D but remember we have seen this show before...stumbling out the gate losing What losses and then going on 7 or 8 game win streaks so I wouldn't read too much on any early headscratching losses over there just yet. We've seen this before, many times!

me too,and i do not understand the animosity toward p&d . that should have been directed at jake and the worst offender BUZZ SHAW. p's worst season was when he had konrad and company----that was a bad year he had the talent to go all the way. other than that, he did what he could do with no support from the university.
I agree, - if P&D got more support from the university, they would have been fine. As I recall, they were still on that rock-hard astroturf and other FB schools used it to recruit against them claiming it caused injuries, and the weight room facilities were antiquated, etc. Finally the university goes to fieldturf and begins to upgrade facilities after it is too late - I think P could still be there if he got decent support. Also, I am appalled at the lack of fan support in Syracuse as well as lack of support from the university. Whiners. Say what you want about him but I think he was a class act, ran a clean program, graduated the kids, and he had a good run on the field.

I didn't so much dislike P&D as I got tired of them. They were good recruiters and put together good teams, (they were certainly way better than G-Rob). But there seemed to be a ceiling on what they could accomplish - one not entirely imposed upon them by the university - and the failure to break through to true excellence in any season, combined with the blow-out losses on national TV and the mutliple losses to Rutgers and Temple when they were the dregs of the conference convinced me and most everyone else that we could do better. the first attempt failed. The second one looks promising. But maybe someday we'll be tired of Marrone, too.
I don't wish ill on P-D or confirmaiton of a decison we made long ago. But as a conference member, (for now, anyway), I'd like them to win their non-conferecne games and it's frustrating to see them come up short again. But we have a job to do of our own tonight and if we don't do it well, nobody will be talking about P-D.

I didn't so much dislike P&D as I got tired of them.
Could not have said better myself. And I can happily say I have no idea how or what they are doing at UCONN because I literally do not care. Sounds a little familiar though. :confused:

I didn't so much dislike P&D as I got tired of them.

Could not have said better myself. And I can happily say I have no idea how or what they are doing at UCONN because I literally do not care. Sounds a little familiar though. :confused:[/quote]