AD Dome Survey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

AD Dome Survey

I just completed the survey. Some interesting questions. The University needs to be very careful potentially raising basketball season tickets. The current state of the program is not a good time to increase prices.
They need to be careful about raising ticket prices in general. I LOVE going to games and even though I live out of the area, I used to make it a point to get to the Dome a couple of times a year, usually around the holidays. I haven't been to the Dome since 2019 and don't plan on going again anytime soon due to the prices of tickets. I just can't justify the cost to sit in the areas where I'd like to sit. I'm sad about being priced out, but it's reality.

I used to wonder how there could be any empty seats in the Dome when watching on TV. Why aren't people going? I'd ask aloud. Now, I wonder how there can be so many people at the games given the prices.

Yep, agree about the redundant questions and asking about travel and lodging when I said I lived in Onondaga County. I noted that they need to add better concessions, fried chicken and soggy french fries don't cut it. Syracuse has a multitude of great food options, bring in some local vendors for pete's sake.
Even if local vendors wouldn't want to make a commitment for 30 or so events per year I don't see why they couldn't use their dining service people they use for events and the dining halls. I haven't eaten in a dining hall in 40 years but the selection has to be deeper and healthier than the options now. Nachos, pizza, popcorn and pretzels are so lame and something you might find in a high school gym.

Even if local vendors wouldn't want to make a commitment for 30 or so events per year I don't see why they couldn't use their dining service people they use for events and the dining halls. I haven't eaten in a dining hall in 40 years but the selection has to be deeper and healthier than the options now. Nachos, pizza, popcorn and pretzels are so lame and something you might find in a high school gym.
I agree. I went to a tOSU/SU men's bball game, can't remember the name of the arena in Ohio, and I could get a deli sandwich that was actually pretty, damn good. Freshly made with what I wanted on it, not wrapped in cellophane. I'm not asking for the moon here, maybe some Dino BBQ, a decent sandwich or an actual cheeseburger. Also Brooklyn Lager, they need to bring that back and deep six the Boston Lager

I took the survey, agreed it was kinda long. I had essentially the same answers to questions that were asked twice (once for football, once for mbb), which was slightly annoying (though I get why they did it).

IMO, basketball is overpriced, and football is a bargain (if your willing to pay money to watch your team lose, which for some godforsaken reason I have been despite a 2.5 hour drive each way).

I’m going to cut way back on tickets next year. No more season tickets, and probably 2 or 3 football and 2 or 3 mbb games total.

I have absolutely no interest in any of the luxury stuff.

I think it would stink if they jack up prices for 300s if a lot of these seats are going to be unsold/empty anyway. One of the reasons football games are appealing (particularly with family or larger groups) is the affordability.

In the comments I made sure to include that the fan fest in the quad was a huge bonus addition IMO. As someone who doesn’t really tailgate (and knowing our tailgate scene is kinda shot) It’s really fun to get up there early, drink a bit, and enjoy being on campus. It’s a real sense of community and camaraderie.

New survey emailed out this morning. Still long but there were some hypothetical questions about club seating for both basketball and football (with example pics from other stadiums) that I found interesting. Also asking for input on preferred aspects of new seats (cup holders, arm rests etc).

Lot of questions on potential price increases for different sections too. Better questions toward middle and end. Encourage folks to complete it. Not sure who they sent to.

Way to long like most surveys. I travel a lot for work so I always get bombarded with surveys from airlines, rental car companies, hotels, etc. They are all way to long. Pick 5 - 8 of your most burning questions and they’d get way more participation. No one has 15 minutes to fill out a survey.

They need to fix the upper deck pricing. I would pay the proposed $810 for my ticket but you cannot have someone sitting 6 rows back paying only $440 for their ticket.

They need to fix the upper deck pricing. I would pay the proposed $810 for my ticket but you cannot have someone sitting 6 rows back paying only $440 for their ticket.
Agree. They changed pricing for the upper deck, repeated old mistakes and botched things up pretty badly. I am pretty confident they are aware of the issues and will correct the problems for next season.

Was with a co-worker who did the survey and got to see it.

Long and short of the survey was if your paying $99 per ticket for season tickets for football be ready for that ticket to jump to $120 or $125.

If your paying $125 per ticket for season tickets for football be ready for that price to jump to $150 or $160.

If you are paying more than $125 per ticket for season tickets for football...be ready for that price per ticket to jump substantially. (I can't remember every breakdown for each price range)

Lots of questions about concourse, restroom cleanliness, club level seats and amenities that may be coming, parking options, digital parking pass potentially. But the long and short of it was "if your paying "X" much now for your ticket would you keep getting that ticket if the price jumps to "Y.""

Completed the survey. WAY too long, and as others have mentioned, many redundant questions. Agree, not a good time to be raising prices.

Also...just keep answering no when they ask about hypothetical prices as they keep dropping after that. :) hah

those prices were so out of wack on some questions was any other answer than no even reasonable.. do we have people will to pay 3-10K to seat in that type of seat so they get a free beer or to? I sat in those seats for the Miami game a few years ago down there.. The lounge area was nice and you could get a table to hang pre-game and watch some other games that was nice.. but no free food or drink came with it.. it also didnt cost that much.

But still if SU would just stream some games on the big boards pre-game people would come hang out in the dome to I suspect, grab some food/drink. Not everyone wants to tailgate and the crappy food options why bother to come early if you dont tailgate.. The quad stuff is ok but still pretty limited.. should be 5-10 food trucks around the quad not 1. And there should be 10 food options inside not the same food 20 times.

look at how well some of the ball park food vendors are doing in the NFL/MLB. What would Dino do if they knew that had a place they could sell food for 6-7 fb and 20/40+ Bball/lax games. bbq/real pizza/pasta/subs. All sorts of things would work.

and the grab and go options really sucked where I sit, you got a choice of cold hot dog or cold stale taco chips..

those prices were so out of wack on some questions was any other answer than no even reasonable.. do we have people will to pay 3-10K to seat in that type of seat so they get a free beer or to? I sat in those seats for the Miami game a few years ago down there.. The lounge area was nice and you could get a table to hang pre-game and watch some other games that was nice.. but no free food or drink came with it.. it also didnt cost that much.

But still if SU would just stream some games on the big boards pre-game people would come hang out in the dome to I suspect, grab some food/drink. Not everyone wants to tailgate and the crappy food options why bother to come early if you dont tailgate.. The quad stuff is ok but still pretty limited.. should be 5-10 food trucks around the quad not 1. And there should be 10 food options inside not the same food 20 times.

look at how well some of the ball park food vendors are doing in the NFL/MLB. What would Dino do if they knew that had a place they could sell food for 6-7 fb and 20/40+ Bball/lax games. bbq/real pizza/pasta/subs. All sorts of things would work.

and the grab and go options really sucked where I sit, you got a choice of cold hot dog or cold stale taco chips..
The best part of the Dome renovations last year was the little spot with the high top tables you could stand at and the TV's showing other games. Add 2 or 3 more of those around the Dome for crying out loud. Give people a place to eat after they get their food and hang out for a few minutes before they head off to their seats or the store to go buy some merchandise,

you build a proper concourse and things get way better.. if they fix the wireless at least you can stream stuff to your phone at your seats again. but with gambling now so easy. nothing better than sitting in a group watching games and throwing away money.

The best part of the Dome renovations last year was the little spot with the high top tables you could stand at and the TV's showing other games. Add 2 or 3 more of those around the Dome for crying out loud. Give people a place to eat after they get their food and hang out for a few minutes before they head off to their seats or the store to go buy some merchandise,

You do know that area is where the connection to Barnes Center will be. The tables and TV's are just temporary, although I'm sure there will be plenty of each in the new area.

I just checked my e-mail for the first time since Tuesday (a perk of retirement). I was surprised to find a message from John Wildhack asking me to complete the survey. Surprised because I haven’t been a season ticket holder since the 1970s when I lived in the 315. Furthermore, I haven’t been to a game since Covid moved into the neighborhood. Must be I made the list because of my regular (albeit small) donations to the AD. I will respond, of course, but it looks like I’ll need a block of time I won’t have for several days based on what I’m reading here!

I just checked my e-mail for the first time since Tuesday (a perk of retirement). I was surprised to find a message from John Wildhack asking me to complete the survey. Surprised because I haven’t been a season ticket holder since the 1970s when I lived in the 315. Furthermore, I haven’t been to a game since Covid moved into the neighborhood. Must be I made the list because of my regular (albeit small) donations to the AD. I will respond, of course, but it looks like I’ll need a block of time I won’t have for several days based on what I’m reading here!
It took me 10-15 minutes or so. The worst formatted questions are the ones about economic impact but seems like they have a reason with the State for those. They're just worded poorly and take longer than they should.

But as an out of state season ticket holder, my holding of tickets does result in a local economic benefit so I get it.

On the club / lounge seats -- I kept saying no to the recommended prices for a season lounge ticket and eventually they got "reasonable" but that's only because I live in the NYC/CT area so my idea of costs is different. But with those types of seats, you're not expecting a ton of people to buy them. You just need to find the right balance of people. Having those as an option (essentially shared suites for less) is a nice option to have. Only need to sell a few hundred of those tickets a year on top of the suites to make a nice impact.

You do know that area is where the connection to Barnes Center will be. The tables and TV's are just temporary, although I'm sure there will be plenty of each in the new area.
Yeah I heard that and its dumb beyond belief. More areas like that are needed in the Dome on a permanent basis

Yeah I heard that and its dumb beyond belief. More areas like that are needed in the Dome on a permanent basis
The first thing JW mentioned when asked about the new building is that it will be used to do pregame tailgating.

Not sure why you think it is a dumb idea to get rid of a tiny area for pregame tailgating so it can be replaced by an area vastly larger for the same purpose. I think I read the new building will have about 25K of square footage.

Pretty sure this is going to go down as one of the best improvements ever made to the dome.

Took the survey, what was interesting is that they are testing the waters for several different price increase options.