AD Dome Survey | Syracusefan.com

AD Dome Survey

richmondcuse03

All Conference
New survey emailed out this morning. Still long but there were some hypothetical questions about club seating for both basketball and football (with example pics from other stadiums) that I found interesting. Also asking for input on preferred aspects of new seats (cup holders, arm rests etc).

Lot of questions on potential price increases for different sections too. Better questions toward middle and end. Encourage folks to complete it. Not sure who they sent to.

Anyone who doesn't suggest cup holders is dead to me.

simms-list.gif

Initial questions cover fan experience like seating, concessions and concourses. But later questions imply that some, if not many, of the proposed improvements will require revenue from high-roller club seating. Not sure that will pan out in volume at the prices they have in mind.

Last edited:
Received it. Some of the questions seem a bit redundant and may turn off casual surveyors because it is so long-winded… but the themes suggest they are certainly looking to do more, and that has me hopeful… especially if we get some westward expansion.

Last edited:
Just completed. As others have said it was long, however you can see the intention is to determine which enhancements to prioritize, future ticket prices, and the impact on the local and NY state economies - likely to help acquire funding.

i think they asked questions like most surveys without enough thought to the answers they expect to get and what to do with them.

my question , are there really enough high rollers willing to pay those prices for club seating in what to me are many of the worst seating locations in the building

Took awhile to load and was way to long but I get it, it had some good information they want to seek out.

I finally got the email late this afternoon.

Just filled out the survey. Wish they didn’t ask the questions about spending money outside the dome and staying at a hotel overnight for all the sports I attend once I established I lived in Onondaga County.

But that was a minor quibble.

It is smart to try and find out what kind of price increases will be tolerated. Smart to see if there is interest in more high end options for watching events at the dome. I am pretty sure most fans are not going to be interested in the premium type options. The Legends people are hoping what works at MSG and Yankee Stadium will work here. Don’t think so but they have to do something to justify being brought in to help.

I encourage everyone who gets the survey to take the time to fill it out. Make your voice heard. It could be a really important factor in determining the future for the facility.

answered mine this afternoon. They are nuts if they think they can raises prices again. Especially with another sub-500 season more than likely in football, and bball on the downslope.

Also, the question about arm rests…how do you have individual seats without arm rests?

answered mine this afternoon. They are nuts if they think they can raises prices again. Especially with another sub-500 season more than likely in football, and bball on the downslope.

Also, the question about arm rests…how do you have individual seats without arm rests?
maybe option to flip up individually?

They are gauging if luxury seating in some capacity is worthwhile. I would wager Syracuse probably doesn't have a large interest in high-end seating at big prices.

I'm glad they are doing this and trying to make decent data driven decisions.

Yep, agree about the redundant questions and asking about travel and lodging when I said I lived in Onondaga County. I noted that they need to add better concessions, fried chicken and soggy french fries don't cut it. Syracuse has a multitude of great food options, bring in some local vendors for pete's sake.

the first thing they need to do is figure out are all the current suite seating things be used/filled before taking sections for even higher priced seating options.. I mean how much food is someone gonna eat in these things normally, maybe $50. drink for the avg person 4-5-6 beers so $100 plus a ticket price for a seat..