Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

Adam Weitsman announces NIL plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red's appearance on Rothstein was basically 15 minutes of words that meant nothing.

Planning on grabbing a guard and a center between now and November is about it but that isn't hard to figure out.

Didn't say it meant a lot FYI. Doesn't mean it was a bad listen. I mentioned it was good but vanilla in the other thread.

Fabolous has had a successful career for over 2 decades.

th
A Boogie is a bit of a flash in the pan but his flash in 2015 was one hell of a flash. But I know we have a generational gap in tastes in hip hop/rap. Lol

Fabolous has had a successful career for over 2 decades.

th
These “famous” ppl come here, watch Netflix on their phones for two hours, collect a check from aw and are instantly his besties. Call me crazy but I don’t pay my friends, nor do I go around calling everyone my bf after one selfie. Knock knock…. Who’s there, hint it’s not aw!
And we are better off for it!

These “famous” ppl come here, watch Netflix on their phones for two hours, collect a check from aw and are instantly his besties. Call me crazy but I don’t pay my friends, nor do I go around calling everyone my bf after one selfie. Knock knock…. Who’s there, hint it’s not aw!
And we are better off for it!
Your custom title checks out.

But if it’s so selfless then decline to put your name and put some Syracuse Legends names on the building.
Holy balls. There’s like 20 buildings at SU with names on them….there’s like 100x more people that have substantially contributed to facility improvements. There are so many more who contribute anonymously.

Holy balls. There’s like 20 buildings at SU with names on them….there’s like 100x more people that have substantially contributed to facility improvements. There are so many more who contribute anonymously.
I’m not knocking the donors or having their names on the buildings, but why ish on AW because he wants Instagram followers or notoriety? What’s the big deal is all Im asking.

I’m not knocking the donors or having their names on the buildings, but why ish on AW because he wants Instagram followers or notoriety? What’s the big deal is all Im asking.
My God. It’s because what he did was directly against the guidance (aka threats) that the NCAA provided a few months ago. Like, he literally does what they say boosters CAN’T do in regards to NIL.

How willfully ignorant do people need to be?

My God. It’s because what he did was directly against the guidance (aka threats) that the NCAA provided a few months ago. Like, he literally does what they say boosters CAN’T do in regards to NIL.

How willfully ignorant do people need to be?
But Scooch, two3zone talked to AW on twitter so they're best friends now!

But Scooch, two3zone talked to AW on twitter so they're best friends now!
I’d respect if folks simply said they understand why SU is concerned but that they don’t care. Work in the gray, let them come get us. I’d respect that take even if I disagree.

But this constant fake naïve “why does it matter?” nonsense is so tedious.

I’d respect if folks simply said they understand why SU is concerned but that they don’t care. Work in the gray, let them come get us. I’d respect that take even if I disagree.

But this constant fake naïve “why does it matter?” nonsense is so tedious.
Not really directed at you, but I think people are upset/annoyed because they want someone like Adam Weitsman to be the person who helps us get back to winning conference championships and being a Top 4 seed in the tournament again. And with the way our program has been run the last 8 years, I don't blame them.

They like the thought of what a person like Weitsman could be, and fail to see what he actually is. I still think Syverud is a bit rigid and I do have a lot of questions about how this whole thing played out, but it's clear to me at this point that his overall impact on the program was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

I see nothing wrong with it. Many of todays young people are used to famous people who self promote shamelessly and with no guilt. Not the way my generation was brought up but one adapts or becomes obsolete.

I see nothing wrong with it. Many of todays young people are used to famous people who self promote shamelessly and with no guilt. Not the way my generation was brought up but one adapts or becomes obsolete.
Influencers are social medias revenue generators

Not really directed at you, but I think people are upset/annoyed because they want someone like Adam Weitsman to be the person who helps us get back to winning conference championships and being a Top 4 seed in the tournament again. And with the way our program has been run the last 8 years, I don't blame them.

They like the thought of what a person like Weitsman could be, and fail to see what he actually is. I still think Syverud is a bit rigid and I do have a lot of questions about how this whole thing played out, but it's clear to me at this point that his overall impact on the program was nothing more than smoke and mirrors.
I may be wrong but as far as boosters go he comes across as more Nevin Shapiro than T Boone Pickens.

Gus goin' to the moon!
Speaking on WNBF Radio's Binghamton Now program Monday, Weitsman estimated the short-term investment in the project at about $25 million. He said "I could see it ramping up to maybe $100 million... something like that."
Oh, that was 2021. How's it been since then?
Crypto peaked a year ago — investors have lost more than $2 trillion since
Published Fri, Nov 11 2022 7:00 AM EST
I'm sure since he's a big brained fella, he's taken a step back in the crypto digital asset space?
Oh. 6 weeks ago ... he blew his NIL budget on a bored ape taking a dump.
Esports player Kyle “Mongraal” Jackson has sold his winning “Dookey Dash” key NFT to billionaire entrepreneur Adam Weitsman for 1,000 ETH, or $1.63 million, the 18-year-old gamer announced Monday. Mongraal had previously listed the key NFT for sale for 3,333 ETH, which is equivalent to $5.43 million.

Gus goin' to the moon!

Oh, that was 2021. How's it been since then?

I'm sure since he's a big brained fella, he's taken a step back in the crypto digital asset space?
Oh. 6 weeks ago ... he blew his NIL budget on a bored ape taking a dump.
I don't pretend to know a lot about crypto, but it wasn't that long ago that BTC shot up to $13,000ish and then shortly after dropped below $3,000 and everyone said, "see crypto is a scam." Then a couple years later it shot over $60,000. I'm not saying it's going to happen again, but within this year it was below $20,000 and now it's over $30,000. I'll let history decide who was dumb, but I don't think we've seen the end of crypto billionaires.

I don't pretend to know a lot about crypto, but it wasn't that long ago that BTC shot up to $13,000ish and then shortly after dropped below $3,000 and everyone said, "see crypto is a scam." Then a couple years later it shot over $60,000. I'm not saying it's going to happen again, but within this year it was below $20,000 and now it's over $30,000. I'll let history decide who was dumb, but I don't think we've seen the end of crypto billionaires.
All I know is that it is a magnet for scammers, criminals, grifters, and fraud. And if your replacement for currency fluctuates in value like a beanie baby ... then it's not really a good currency. It's speculative and rife with criminal shenanigans. We have not seen the end of crypto billionaires just like we haven't seen the end of fraudulent billionaires like Sam Bankman Fried, Elizabeth Holmes, Charlie Javice, etc. Doesn't mean fraud is a good investment.

All I know is that it is a magnet for scammers, criminals, grifters, and fraud. And if your replacement for currency fluctuates in value like a beanie baby ... then it's not really a good currency. It's speculative and rife with criminal shenanigans. We have not seen the end of crypto billionaires just like we haven't seen the end of fraudulent billionaires like Sam Bankman Fried, Elizabeth Holmes, Charlie Javice, etc. Doesn't mean fraud is a good investment.
Aka the stock market for millennials.

Asset appreciation after QE to the tune of trillions of dollars or almost half of all USD ever supplied happened though leading to everyone happy about their portfolios, home equity, etc...inflation crashes the party in a lagging effect as we've seen. Blockchain can be useful but crypto itself seems mainly useless. Ethereum is a possible exception here, still in its infancy for now.

To be fair, the stock market has been more chaotic lately

I don't know much about it either, but I do know it is just in it's infancy. I suspect there will be parts that succeed and parts that don't. I have personally put $100 into a bunch of low cost crypto and have a total of roughly $4500 invested. I don't expect I will ever get rich off of it, I am more just seeing in 10 years if it will average stock market returns over the same time period. Would be nice to see it all go up, but not gonna get my hopes up. And just like the lotto, I didn't put in any more than I have the appetite to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.