Adams and Howard - Opt Out Situation | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Adams and Howard - Opt Out Situation

So ima gonna combine two threads here re: RBs.

The roster has 3 or 4 spots open seems to be the consensus. If you are Dino and all 3 of Adams, Howard and Jordan want to come back for 2021/22, how many do you take and who?

I would take only Jordan if he accepts a situational role and not demand starting / feature. The speed differentiates him from all others.

I expect Hough to be able to make that freshman splash like Tucker if necessary, and I like Lutz as that utility 3rd down back either alone or in a rare 2-back set.

Adams I fear would only want touches for numbers sake and could foster some ill will in the locker room. I like Howard as that experienced combo guy (power with a little speed but not extreme juke), but in a pass heavy offense 5 running backs may be too many. The roster probably needs a transfer CB or DB (or both) more than Jordan AND Howard.
Jordan is in no position to demand to be the starter, nor do I think he would ever do that or Dino would ever go for that.

Whoa...

Even if just one of them returns, our RB room just got a LOT better / deeper.

Man... the team really seems to be adding depth across the board, with all of these guys coming back across various positional units. Bodes well for the upcoming season.

Now, let's add a NT via transfer / JUCO, a DB, and maybe the OL from Texas, and we'll really be stockpiled for success.

giphy.gif

Thats three downhill runners, though id say Adams is a bit more finesse despite his good size

Get them all on the practice field, and let the results sort themselves out.

Also means that they don't have to rush someone like Hough out on the field [not suggesting he won't be good enough to earn PT anyway].

Get them all on the practice field, and let the results sort themselves out.

Also means that they don't have to rush someone like Hough out on the field [not suggesting he won't be good enough to earn PT anyway].
Great memories of Dontae and Moe wearing down defenses in 2018 then freshman Howard kicking the D’s tired lifeless corpse into the ditch with fresh legs in the 4th.

if Hough’s ready, hopefully he’s granted an opportunity like that. Ball security goes a long way too

With all OL looking much improved, a new God-like OL coach, vast improvements in our RBs over last season and reason to expect major improvements in passing as well, there is reason to expect major improvements in our ability to run the ball.

The offense should be much improved.

You forgot to list: a terrific fall back option if the starting QB fails to produce.

Agree 100% -- better OL depth, more OL experience, etc. and a fully stocked depth chart at RB should pay major dividends on offense.

Things are lining up nicely. Hoping that Roscoe returns at DE, and that we add a NT, and we'll really be stockpiled well on both sides of the ball.

You forgot to list: a terrific fall back option if the starting QB fails to produce.

Agree 100% -- better OL depth, more OL experience, etc. and a fully stocked depth chart at RB should pay major dividends on offense.

Things are lining up nicely. Hoping that Roscoe returns at DE, and that we add a NT, and we'll really be stockpiled well on both sides of the ball.
That was part of the major improvements passing the ball. I don't profess to know who the QB is going to be but I bet his numbers are a lot better than the QB numbers we had last season, for a number of reasons.

Outstanding news! Wow.

I think Tucker is going to be really hard to unseat. He just has that 'it' quality but man is this going to be fun.

Agreed.

I think the bigger factor is: an injury now doesn't sink us at RB. I would have hated to go into next season with only 3 scholarship running backs. No concerns now, if this news is true.

There's going to be a HUGE battle for PT. Great to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom