Adams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Adams

Neal has been here four years and has earned the start. Both will play about the same number of plays. Except at QB, 1st string vs. 2nd string doesn't matter. 3rd string matters.

He does. The Neal is a senior and has been here love aside, when Adams has the ball it’s obvious he is a) faster, b) stronger, c) has quicker feet, his plant and cut is nasty. As the game wore on I felt I was wanting to see him get more carries. I think this will bear out over the season.
Again did we watch the same game. Neal rushing14 attempts for 89 yards. Adams rushing 14 attempts for 49 yards. Neal receiving 3 catches for 54 yards. Adams receiving 2 catches for 29 yards. Who played a better game?

Again did we watch the same game. Neal rushing14 attempts for 89 yards. Adams rushing 14 attempts for 49 yards. Neal receiving 3 catches for 54 yards. Adams receiving 2 catches for 29 yards. Who played a better game?
I think too many are enamored with the fact that he came from Oklahoma, and had that big long run against Baylor we’ve all seen.

Clearly, in my mind at least, right now Neal is the better of the two, Key phrase being “right now“. Maybe Adams is better down the road but right now Mo Neal is the better option.

I watched. Neal had the one long run that separated the stats. Had Adams been in at that point, those yards would have been his. Adams also had a long play called back because of a holding penalty.

I didn't see a huge difference between the two but thought Adams looked just a bit better.

I watched. Neal had the one long run that separated the stats. Had Adams been in at that point, those yards would have been his. Adams also had a long play called back because of a holding penalty.

I didn't see a huge difference between the two but thought Adams looked just a bit better.
That's the basketball equivalent of "except for that 15-0 run, the losing team was better."

That's the basketball equivalent of "except for that 15-0 run, the losing team was better."
No it's not, not even close. It was one play that accounted for half of his yardage. It's more closely the equivalent of, "If Coleman had been in the game he catches the alley oop, instead, Owens caught it." Anyone that saw the play develop, knows that whichever running back was in, scores. Maybe Howard gets caught from behind, Adams doesn't.

No it's not, not even close. It was one play that accounted for half of his yardage. It's more closely the equivalent of, "If Coleman had been in the game he catches the alley oop, instead, Owens caught it." Anyone that saw the play develop, knows that whichever running back was in, scores. Maybe Howard gets caught from behind, Adams doesn't.

From my very amateur-ish analyses it looked like Moe saw something after he ran the play before, looked at the sideline and said let’s run it again and go fast. I wonder if what I thought I saw was accurate and if he, being the senior leader, is Moe the only back that would have done that?

From my very amateur-ish analyses it looked like Moe saw something after he ran the play before, looked at the sideline and said let’s run it again and go fast. I wonder if what I thought I saw was accurate and if he, being the senior leader, is Moe the only back that would have done that?
Possibly. That would be related to the mental part that I mentioned in an earlier post.

Adams got 14 carries, how many more would people want him to get?

Last year our top 3 RBs averaged 26 carries/game. I imagine that'll grow to ~35 this season with Dungey gone (fewer QB designed runs) and a greater emphasis on the run game.

Given the talent we have at the position, I can't envision any of them getting more than half of the RB carries in a game, unless there's a unique circumstance. I like the ball in Neal's hands, I wouldn't want to diminish his role in any substantial way. Adams will generate great production at ~15 carries a game.

Nope

Looked to me like he should be the number one. They need to give home more carries.
I thought so to but after watching Moe make ALOT of people miss they should split 50-50

Did u watch the 15 yarder moe had making 6-7 people miss. Unbelievable play and I came into year saying Adams should start but I am definatly think equal split is perfect for us.

Adams had a few nice runs and then a bunch that made me think, this is the guy that was going to crush it this year? I thought Moe has run as well as ever this year.

Adams will have some big games, too. This is what you have when you have two guys, both with good ability, alternating.

Mo leaves a lot of yards out there. That one run he had was brilliant but it is the only time I have seen any skill from him his entire career. Adams is harder to bring down and is better at getting something out of nothing.

Mo leaves a lot of yards out there. That one run he had was brilliant but it is the only time I have seen any skill from him his entire career. Adams is harder to bring down and is better at getting something out of nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom