Add fuel to the fire | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Add fuel to the fire

I'll bet my house Boeheim isn't talking anything like this. As far as Few's comments about not seeing much zone this year, he's really just saying, "I don't want to talk about it." He's a smart coach and they'll be as ready as they can be. And the two who will cause problems, Wiltjer and Dranginis, haven't been dismissive. They're similar in overall ability to SU, and they've just won two games against roughly the same level as we have. but the big difference is SU's been playing against tougher competition all year. Although they certainly did take Utah to the woodshed. It will be a test, and should be a pretty evenly contested game. SU's x-factor is Cooney. If he's on, that's a problem for Gonzaga. If he's not, it will be a very close battle.
I'm a fan , not a Jedi master coach. Boehiem is to the Zone what Yoda is to the Force. He uses his mental powers to create time and space anomalies and dimensional drifts which is why opponents become hopelessly lost out there . Just get Sabonis in foul trouble.

Also, in the players presser McClellan said "we're going to see the zone for 40 minutes unless we can execute well" -- HA he thinks we'd go M2M.

He's not entirely wrong - IF they execute well, JB might go to full court pressure D for a bit. :cool:

And then, right back into the zone.

Ugg. Remember I had that Pitt loss dream, but I think that was more predictive than this Temple version. First off, I had the dream at a time when there were no more known games against Pitt and secondly, in my dream I had Cooney missing two freethrows to lose it, whereas in reality he missed a three. So yeah... Anyway, I'm hoping your Temple version is just a PBR fuelled delirium meaning nothing as opposed to whatever vision quest situation I had going on.
Mine was oddly specific. We were playing Temple down 72-69 with like a minute left and ended up losing. For some reason, we played Temple during the day and Gonzaga at night. Gonzaga was still the S16 but Temple was a make-up game for a cancelled game earlier int he year. I didn't dream about the Gonzaga game, but I assume the Temple game we lost and that will carry though to the Gonzaga game :(

Since it's BYU, more like Tabernacle league.
11935088_502327576592013_508127552554708324_n.jpg

WE LANDED ON THE MOON!
Not to go off-topic, but why did we spend so many billions of dollars just to go the moon? We can see it just fine from our front porch. Sure there might be some primitive life forms hiding under those rocks, but the same could be said if we visited New Jersey.

Mine was oddly specific. We were playing Temple down 72-69 with like a minute left and ended up losing. For some reason, we played Temple during the day and Gonzaga at night. Gonzaga was still the S16 but Temple was a make-up game for a cancelled game earlier int he year. I didn't dream about the Gonzaga game, but I assume the Temple game we lost and that will carry though to the Gonzaga game :(
Gonzaga had a game earlier in the year against Pitt in Guam canceled at halftime. I think your subconscious substituted Temple for Pitt ( Both from Pa. ) because of its fear of playing Pitt . I don't believe this has any bearing on your dream in regards to predicting the Gonzaga game , as you said it was still to be played. Pitt haunts all of us.

Gotothehole said:
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. " Mike Tyson

That might one of my all time favorite sports quotes. Those of us old enough to have seen Tyson in his prime know it to be absolutely true. He reduced great fighters, who thought they had a chance against Tyson, to go into pure survival mode 10 seconds into a fight.

To be fair last night I had a dream that we lost to Temple -- I'm not sure why it was Temple but usually if a dream about a loss it happens :( :( :(
Not to worry - I went to Temple last Friday (for Purim) and it turned out fine.

That might one of my all time favorite sports quotes. Those of us old enough to have seen Tyson in his prime know it to be absolutely true. He reduced great fighters, who thought they had a chance against Tyson, to go into pure survival mode 10 seconds into a fight.
Great quote and could be applied to Mike as well - along with a myriad of other factors, he became much less menacing when he got hit in the mouth.

I've said it before but I think the zags issue will be that their guards struggle with our zone

Heard an interview of Coach Few and a point he kept making was their season changed when they started playing with desperation and heightened sense of urgency. I can't help but think the papers are doing a great Job this week of convincing them that they are a team perfectly built to can handle us and that we don't have a very good shot at winning.

This can't do anything but lower their intensity and raise ours. (I am hoping!)

Not gonna lie. I knew we won the game the minute I heard the quotes from the Zags players. This reminds me of the Indiana fans, where yogi book was going to destroy the zone.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie. I knew we won the game the minute I heard the quotes from the Zags players. This reminds me of the Indiana fans, where yogi book was going to destroy the zone.
Bump!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom