Addazio to bc | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Addazio to bc

Who would even be interested in the Temple job at this point?

Sources close to the Dude say that GRob was spotted at Pat's Steaks in South Philly.

Addazio has a reputation as a fine recruiter, but is not well regarded as an X and O guy. Very similar in that regard to Kyle Flood, the embattled RU HC who oversaw the Great RU Collapse of 2012.

The SU players who played under him loved him as a person. He is, from all accounts, a genuinely great guy. With a decent budget and pretty good facilities, he should win some games and have moderate success at BC.

As we all know, he is very tight with Coach P, his mentor from way back. Addazio is a Connecticut guy through and through and I think he was the logical successor to P at UConn. Going to make for some awkward situations with P and Addazio clashing swords recruiting New England on a regular basis.

I think it will be tough for P to win those battles. The one thing he had going for him, relationships/history, has been lost, at least in regards to Addazio.

From my perspective, BC, UConn and RU all have low end type coaches that are going to keep their ceilings low and make it a lot easier for Syracuse to establish dominance in the East. They all took the cheap route when it came to HC hires and will pay the price accordingly. I think this broke out well for us.

Ha, sure he can. Coaches have no soul when it comes to recruiting. Hell, he'll probably claim that because his son goes here he has insider info on why it sucks.

Funny, sad, and true all rolled into one.

Cheers,
Neil

In other news, Montel Harris will transfer back to Boston College.

From my perspective, BC, UConn and RU all have low end type coaches that are going to keep their ceilings low and make it a lot easier for Syracuse to establish dominance in the East. They all took the cheap route when it came to HC hires and will pay the price accordingly. I think this broke out well for us.

To be fair, we took the cheap route too. We're just hoping it works out for us.

To be fair, we took the cheap route too. We're just hoping it works out for us.
Kind of. I think you are argue a guy like DM had and has a much higher ceiling that an demoted assistant coach with no documented record of success on his resume, or an aging coach who was hated by the fan base and driven out of town at his last HC job, or a coach who was hated by the fans at his first big job and forced to leave.

All these guys have major baggage they are dragging around with them.

DM has had no failures on his resume. Every step has been an upward move, he has continually improved/grown and there is every reason to think this trend will continue.

Not a bad choice. Course now will have to put up with his antics on the sidelines now in the ACC. Dude has to take a chill pill.
Probably got a decent contract, too. He needs 3 assistants just to hold him off the refs.

Addazio has a reputation as a fine recruiter, but is not well regarded as an X and O guy. Very similar in that regard to Kyle Flood, the embattled RU HC who oversaw the Great RU Collapse of 2012.

The SU players who played under him loved him as a person. He is, from all accounts, a genuinely great guy. With a decent budget and pretty good facilities, he should win some games and have moderate success at BC.

As we all know, he is very tight with Coach P, his mentor from way back. Addazio is a Connecticut guy through and through and I think he was the logical successor to P at UConn. Going to make for some awkward situations with P and Addazio clashing swords recruiting New England on a regular basis.

I think it will be tough for P to win those battles. The one thing he had going for him, relationships/history, has been lost, at least in regards to Addazio.

Thought I was alone on thinking this might not be such a great hire. At best, Addazio is unproven as a head coach at this point. He did well with Temple last year on the strength of Golden's recruiting. He very well may grow into being an excellent head coach with time and the right assistants. He just is not there yet, IMO. I don't blame the BC fanbase for being upset.

And, after watching him on the sidelines, I wonder if he has the temperament to survive the dramatic increase in pressure that will come with the BC job.

Thought I was alone on thinking this might not be such a great hire. At best, Addazio is unproven as a head coach at this point. He did well with Temple last year on the strength of Golden's recruiting. He very well may grow into being an excellent head coach with time and the right assistants. He just is not there yet, IMO. I don't blame the BC fanbase for being upset.

And, after watching him on the sidelines, I wonder if he has the temperament to survive the dramatic increase in pressure that will come with the BC job.

Addazio actually recruited quite well in his short time at Temple, and that's not an easy place to recruit.

I know the guy personally. He breathes football, as many well know. Kids also love to play for him.

It's definitely a step up for BC. Of course, that may not be saying much. Not sure why BC folks are upset with this. Looking at their other choices, BC could do a lot worse.

My favorite Addazio story happened several years ago while he was an assistant at Syracuse. Ran into him at the Walter Camp All-America football dinner in New Haven. Addazio, like everyone else, was dressed in a a tux. I asked him how things were going at Syracuse, with recruiting and all that. He was his usual fiery self and told me how he had just gotten back from recruiting a lineman from New York state. He was excited and after we finished talking and I walked away, my wife, who also attended the dinner, said to me, "He was sweating." I just laughed.

I don't understand the Addazio praise. Yes, he coached at SU once. What has he really accomplished as a head coach?

He can't negative recruit against a school his son attends.

He doesn't strike me as the negative recruiting type anyway.

I don't understand the Addazio praise. Yes, he coached at SU once. What has he really accomplished as a head coach?

Highly successful high school coach, highly successful as a college assistant. Did a reasonably good job at Temple in a few years as a head coach.

Have to start somewhere.

I guess we shouldn't have hired Marrone.

Kind of. I think you are argue a guy like DM had and has a much higher ceiling that an demoted assistant coach with no documented record of success on his resume, or an aging coach who was hated by the fan base and driven out of town at his last HC job, or a coach who was hated by the fans at his first big job and forced to leave.

All these guys have major baggage they are dragging around with them.

DM has had no failures on his resume. Every step has been an upward move, he has continually improved/grown and there is every reason to think this trend will continue.

That's all fair, I was just replying to the term "cheap". Marrone was not an expensive, high profile hire. Just like those other three.

Highly successful high school coach, highly successful as a college assistant. Did a reasonably good job at Temple in a few years as a head coach.

Have to start somewhere.

I guess we shouldn't have hired Marrone.

Sorry if I offended you, Mrs. Addazio.

Marrone was a huge question mark when he was hired. Looks like we may have lucked out there. Good for us. I just don't see Addazio as a slam dunk for Boston College. Or maybe I'm wrong and Syracuse is doomed to lose to BC for years to come. Who knows.

Sorry if I offended you, Mrs. Addazio.

Marrone was a huge question mark when he was hired. Looks like we may have lucked out there. Good for us. I just don't see Addazio as a slam dunk for Boston College. Or maybe I'm wrong and Syracuse is doomed to lose to BC for years to come. Who knows.

Never said he was a slam dunk. But he has a good track record.

Awesome tweet

sir broosk@celebrityhottub
I admire Boston College's commitment to only hiring coaches who look like fire chiefs.

The Big East will put out a release saying due to the rash of coach defections, coaches will be optional for next year.
Coaches pool. Creative scheduling. It can work.

I look forward to watching steam come out of his ears every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom