ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021" | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021"

Well surprise, surprise. Look at that. Our AD talks with Dino, knows the issues, is not in a panic and is looking to see the team succeed in 2021. Also advises he doesn't get into staff stuff and said the coach is looking through the transfers. JW said everything I would need to hear as a fan that he is on top of what is going on. Time for people to chillax, enjoy the holidays and look forward to the offseason.

The fact that he actually used the word ‘development’ seems to indicate that Dino and the staff are going to put this as a high priority. I’m not saying it isn’t a priority already, but this has clearly been a problem for at least a couple seasons so this is a good step.
I would ask is using the goal as "development" in year #6 good or bad? I'd lean to bad.

Well surprise, surprise. Look at that. Our AD talks with Dino, knows the issues, is not in a panic and is looking to see the team succeed in 2021. Also advises he doesn't get into staff stuff and said the coach is looking through the transfers. JW said everything I would need to hear as a fan that he is on top of what is going on. Time for people to chillax, enjoy the holidays and look forward to the offseason.
Kids use snow jobs like this on their parents all the time, only the parents can see through it.

What does anyone expect Wilhack or Babers to say after a year like this? The only thing they can do is keep their wits about them and plan the best they can. They are not wihout some cards in their hand. Wildhack is putting together some pretty impressive fundraising and seems to have s solid grasp of the difficulties of the job and is taking the long view. We are lucky to have him.

The team seems to believe in Babers as witnessed in the guys coming back and the class holding together. I am quite surprised and impressed, The guys on this board who are better than me at judging potential seem to uniformly be impressed by the last two classes so I defer to them and, assuming they are right, we may see a v-shaped recovery. The silver lining is a large bunch of sophomores (actually, still freshmen) who have uncommon game experience - invaluable game experience.

All the right things are happenning in the big picture, which is more important than a screwed up covid crap season. Move on!

I would ask is using the goal as "development" in year #6 good or bad? I'd lean to bad.
I would hope development is always a goal. After a year of severely limited opportunity for it, mentioning it specifically is a tactful way of pointing out how this off season will be different than the last, for the less intuitive, such as yourself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom