ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021" | Syracusefan.com

ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021"

This season was a dead season as I said earlier.

I have no problem with a losing season.
It’s the coaching staff has just done a terrible job this year.
It’s not the players fault this year.

Dino has to make these corrections for next year. The team has to look like a functional football team next year.
More disciplined, players developed with improvements and execution that the team belongs on the field.

The interesting thing here is not the AD saying Dino is coming back per se, the content of his message. But rather, it's that public action of him actually doing it. I like it for a couple of reasons. It helps Dino from a stability/recruiting standpoint. It publicly establishes that the AD is on it which should satisfy the season tickets holders and the torch and pitchfork groups. Lastly it is a message to Dino, not that Dino was not already cognizant of the fact that his product is not looking good, to be aware he is on notice. Good job JW!

Sigh. I wouldn't judge Dino on just this year either. I'd judge him based on 4 of 5.

Seems like he is being judged by his supporters on ONE good season though, a couple nice wins, and a couple nice speeches.

I don't even know that i want him gone...i like him as a person. But its too early for this statement.

Another lost year.

Well, can’t afford to reshuffle the position staff either without putting Dino in the same position.

getting healthy and developing players should be our prayers now

Good, smart move. Can curtail some negative recruiting, “ Barbers probably won’t be there “ I’m certain that would be used , particularly by some ex NFL types in New Jersey.

2021 and 2022 at a minimum

Yeah, he was extended not much you can do about it for 2 years most likely, ride it out and hope for the best. Hopefully it gets better next year because it would still take a ton of cash to fire him next year. Still don't think it will come to that

After 2019, I felt he had a minimum of two years left. I wasn't expecting this year to be the disaster it has been, but there's not going to be much movement this off-season anyway, except for a few SEC schools.

2021 and 2022 at a minimum
I think this is the likely scenario as well. I'm certain that JW believes in Dino and his ability to get this program turned around. JW is also acutely aware of the disadvantages Dino and staff face on the recruiting trail. He is working behind the scenes to change that, but it will take time. The renovated Dome was the first big step in increasing the "wow factor" for recruiting (and the fan experience). There is more to come. I believe Dino will be given the opportunity to succeed with a more level playing field. The rest is up to him.

Who actually thinks he can turn it around in a year. A lot of ppl are saying bowl or bust. Do you actually see any possible path towards that.

Keep a HC because you can't afford to fire him, great...

Need to try to get Joe Moorhead as OC for '21 and with his knowledge and NE recruiting ties, he would be a great pickup for the CUSE and possibly a HC in waiting if Dino decides to bolt or get relieved of his duties. Not happy with the Sterlin Gilbert offense or what we have seen so far.

Keep a HC because you can't afford to fire him, great...
If you have a person in a key position that will make or break your operation and you don't believe in him, or her, you eliminate them. Mortgage the farm if you have to.

I think we all knew that but the fact John came out with a statement means he has his doubts about Dino.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom