Adkins ? Yikes | Syracusefan.com

Adkins ? Yikes

That's it ... Had enough. If this guy thinks he can just walk back in here are give people better paying jobs in the best football league in the world, he's got another thing coming.

Where's the loyalty to us? He's gotta stop thinking so highly of the people he worked with.

Shocker...

...actually, if you get a three fingers or say a whole fist in the stink, I don't think you can call that the "shocker".

Let's just cancel recruiting this year...

If true, I have to believe that is why the VT deal didn't get finalized.

A rookie NFL OC, a rookie NFL RB coach, a rookie NFL OL coach. 2 Jets coaches he knew and some 60 year old guy from Rice. Tells me, Marrone is having a real tough time getting NFL experienced hires to work for him.

lol I feel bad for the Bills. They are going to be awful. Too many inexperienced guys. They might all be looking for jobs in 3 years.

A rookie NFL OC, a rookie NFL RB coach, a rookie NFL OL coach. 2 Jets coaches he knew and some 60 year old guy from Rice. Tells me, Marrone is having a real tough time getting NFL experienced hires to work for him.

Yeah - while Marrone was ready to jump at ANY NFL job, it looks like expereinced coaches don't share his enthusiasm for the Bills...

Can't say I blame them. It's a terrible place to coach... not just on track record but with the ownership/death re-org blackmark hanging over everything...

The Lion's special teams coordinator, Danny Crossman, too. Crossman was at the US Coast Guard Academy with Doug. Detroit's special teams were 2nd to last in the league last year.

That's it ... Had enough. If this guy thinks he can just walk back in here are give people better paying jobs in the best football league in the world, he's got another thing coming.

Where's the loyalty to us? He's gotta stop thinking so highly of the people he worked with.

I agree with your sentiment, but it isn't that simple.

Doug is fully aware of the consequences his string of hires will have for SU Football. At some point, as a proud SU alum, he has to examine if the end justifies the means.

Is hiring all of these guys from SU critical for growing his Bills team? Was there no one better, or at least comparable? Marrone apparently has a great coaching network; were ALL of these guys the best he could do?

Was poaching his former staff necessary to the point of potentially decimating the momentum this team has built?

He spoke about doing all he could to leave us in the best position possible.

I don't see how he could have done anything more opposite.

For the record, I don't think the sky is falling and I think in a month we will all be feeling much better about SU Football.

Someone just said they were driving into Syracuse from Rochester and saw the Dome on a flatbed heading west. Anybody have confirmation on this?
Yes, there are also trucks moving Heids, The Brooklyn Pickle, Coleman's, and a metric f*ckton of salt potatoes.

I agree with your sentiment, but it isn't that simple.

Doug is fully aware of the consequences his string of hires will have for SU Football. At some point, as a proud SU alum, he has to examine if the end justifies the means.

Is hiring all of these guys from SU critical for growing his Bills team? Was there no one better, or at least comparable? Marrone apparently has a great coaching network; were ALL of these guys the best he could do?

Was poaching his former staff necessary to the point of potentially decimating the momentum this team has built?

He spoke about doing all he could to leave us in the best position possible.

I don't see how he could have done anything more opposite.

For the record, I don't think the sky is falling and I think in a month we will all be feeling much better about SU Football.

Yeah - I get that part of it too. Just trying to see it from the viewpoint of these "poached" coaches. Provides a bit more of a well-rounded perspective.

I agree that the questions about staffing and recruiting are just questions. Only time will tell. I think big picture we'll be fine.

Football Rumor Mill@fbrumormill
Former Syracuse OL coach Greg Adkins headed to Bills.
Yeah that seems like a credible source... Sure, it might happen but can't believe people are acting like it's official when it's not mentioned anywhere else and tweeted by "football rumor mill".

And people wonder why the Dude from WV's rumors caused so many problems. Post one little thing and everyone believes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom