ADMINS: Can you give us the full story now? | Syracusefan.com

ADMINS: Can you give us the full story now?

44PRIDE

All Conference
Now that the change has been made and all parties have moved on to greener pastures, would any of the admins care to share what the hell went on over the past 6 weeks? Many of us mushrooms would love to hear.

While mudslinging and name calling isn't professional, it is approved for this post...

In due time. Now is not the time. We have to save the whales first.

Th
i find it funny that they unlocked your moving thread in the premium board by scoutcustomerservice unless it was you bees.

They took away everything I can do. I can't post or anything. Knew that would happen as soon as we posted leaving. Consider it me taking one for the team, but if anyone still has premium, let me know what that customer service post says.

says this "We are currently in the process of interviewing prospective publishers for the website. We have already filled the position at our UConn website. Please bear with us during this process."

Hope they enjoy having 10 posters like rivals also has.

I believe all the admins on Scout have been decommissioned. I know it happened for me. Good luck to the folks remaining at Scout. Especially Beth Long, who went above and beyond to try and rectify a messed up situation.

what other sites are moving besides us and the boneyard?

Th

They took away everything I can do. I can't post or anything. Knew that would happen as soon as we posted leaving. Consider it me taking one for the team, but if anyone still has premium, let me know what that customer service post says.

Okay Bees, here is what they said.
Posted: Today 2:59 PM
Re: Moving Day - Please Read

We are currently in the process of interviewing prospective publishers for the website. We have already filled the position at our UConn website. Please bear with us during this process.

Like the SU fans give a that the UCONN site has been filled.

I really do feel bad for Beth, who had absolutely no obligation to write about SU athletics and did so simply because she's an SU grad and loves the University. Cheers to her for her efforts.

To paraphrase Clint Eastwood from Unforgiven: They took away all you got and all you're ever gonna have. :)

I really do feel bad for Beth, who had absolutely no obligation to write about SU athletics and did so simply because she's an SU grad and loves the University. Cheers to her for her efforts.
Yeah me too, i've been there with my job where basically the situation is crap and you step in and try to at least keep the ship above water as best you can. I definitely feel for her, it's tough to have to take flak from customers that just want value for their money when it's not a situation you caused.

I have to say, if you're in a consumer industry, you have to listen to the needs of your customers. And to be without article content for a month and a half, without anyone from Scout management addressing the situation, is ridiculous. At a minimum, they should have suspended charging the Syracusefan membership until they had the site writer situation straightened out.

I can't believe they haven't deleted the "Moving Day" posts

**Formerly Marblecityallstar**

i find it funny that they unlocked your moving thread in the premium board by scoutcustomerservice unless it was you bees.

I guess I would have been on the outside looking in if I had not seen that thread.

Love the new digs. The board's technology advanced 10 years with this switch.

I guess I would have been on the outside looking in if I had not seen that thread.

goddamnit, who left the light on and allowed swish to spot it???

we were this {} close!!!!

I'm glad to see the fans aren't stuck with a site. We moved, but gosh darn it, we're a movement.

If you don't have anything nice to say... come sit by me. And spill it. I want details kids, details!

I'm sure they have their reasons, but let's be honest, we never had that much coverage at Rivals. We mostly didn't have coverage at Scout. How many years were we there, like 7 or 8? Except for Matt Alkire for about 6 months, and one other dude for a short time, we've never gotten much premium content. It's all about the community and the relationships that people have built over the last 20 years.

This is my 3rd move, starting with Mason's board. How many have had 4, 5, 6?

This is my 3rd move, starting with Mason's board. How many have had 4, 5, 6?

Many in the "community" have gone from Prodigy->AOL->Independent->Syracuse.com->TOS->Scout. There may be one more indy in there too.

I came in during AOL days around 1994 or so...it is like crack.

Ah yes ...Prodigy and a dial up connection that dropped every ten minutes. Bees and I used to cross paths as we trolled around the few college bball sites stirrig up the locals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom