Class of 2015 - Admins just a thought... | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Admins just a thought...

DCCuse

Tailgate Buffet Legend
Can we move all the threads about guys now on the team off the recruiting forum to the football forum since things posted are no longer about "recruiting."

DCCuse said:
Can we move all the threads about guys now on the team off the recruiting forum to the football forum since things posted are no longer about "recruiting."

Makes sense.

48077677.jpg

Makes too much sense. And lock all the threads concerning former recruits. With all due respect to Cuse91 and his epic bump, we dont need to revisit recruits who went elsewhere. At least not on this forum.

Actually what is a better idea, which is what we've always tried to do, is that after a kid commits, post about him on the football board and start a new thread there. That's happened with several players. But if some people still post on the recruiting board about a committed player, someone should just point them to the football board thread. Eventually people will get it.

This might just serve to clutter things, but maybe create a sub-forum off of the main football forum for "current players" and all threads about individual players - including these guys once they're on campus - get moved there?

Actually whatit.is a better idea, which is what we've always tried to do, is that after a kid commits, post about him on the football board and start a new thread there. That's happened with several players. But if some people still post on the recruiting board about a committed player, someone should just point them to the football board thread. Eventually people will get it.
I agee. When I get back to NC I can keep a closer eye on it.

Some of us prefer not to visit the football forum very much due to the extreme negativity. If someone wants a negative thread on the football forum, have at it. I think some prefer to keep the positive vibe thread over here.
Just my opinion.

DCCuse said:
Could go with Shrmdougluvr and lock the threads then people who want to talk about Shy, Steven Clark, Dungey, etc.. would be more likely to start a thread on the football board.

That's not a bad idea. There might be a few poster asking why threads are closed, but they'll catch on. We can out a general post on the recruiting board of what we're doing. A little later when there's nothing going on I'll start licking them.

This might just serve to clutter things, but maybe create a sub-forum off of the main football forum for "current players" and all threads about individual players - including these guys once they're on campus - get moved there?

I suggested this for basketball but was shot down. Would be nice not to have 30 different threads about the same guy but apparently everyone needs to have their own special thread to share their own special opinion.

Could go with Shrmdougluvr and lock the threads then people who want to talk about Shy, Steven Clark, Dungey, etc.. would be more likely to start a thread on the football board.

I would rather not lock threads as I think that would just lead some posters to start new threads on this forum.

However folks the kids in the class of 2015 are now players, no longer recruits. If you want to have discussions on how they played in the last game, etc. please start a thread...or look for an existing thread... on the Football forum. This is a recruiting forum and should be for prospects and commits not kids that are on campus and playing on the team.

Some of us prefer not to visit the football forum very much due to the extreme negativity. If someone wants a negative thread on the football forum, have at it. I think some prefer to keep the positive vibe thread over here.
Just my opinion.

It must be my glowing personality.

I understand what you are saying but this is the recruiting forum. This is the time of year that I delete current players from my twitter. Not just because it clutters up my twitter feed from following current prospects but also because my interest is recruiting and that should be the emphasis of this forum.

Do you guys not understand how hard it is for me to follow the rules? Rules are made to be broken

A little late to the party, but having a separate "Roster" forum would be great. That way it keeps the recruiting forum focused on current recruiting, doesn't clutter the football boards with threads updated with player tweets, and gives us a chance to continue to discuss individual players on the roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom