AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

AEW Thread: A Real Alternative To WWE?

This will be the real test for AEW (in terms of quality product)

To me there is no way that TV does not hurt the quality of the product for any company.
At the same time the TV Contracts are such that it is best for business to take them. So I don't blame AEW, or WWE for taking $50 million a year to have NXT on TV.

Fans want more product on TV, but the extra quantity will always hurt quality. Then the marks whine.

Tonight's the night. But I'll be watching the baseball game so I won't be watching either tonight.

Well, there’s the first screw up. TNT runs commercials during Jericho’s beatdown ofCody Rhodes after the first match. They went split screen, but the commercials had the big screen and the sound.

SMH. Major moment and awesome beatdown completely ruined.

Well, there’s the first screw up. TNT runs commercials during Jericho’s beatdown ofCody Rhodes after the first match. They went split screen, but the commercials had the big screen and the sound.

SMH. Major moment and awesome beatdown completely ruined.

Kinda reminds me of when Nitro would go off the air right after Sting started swinging his bat at the NWO. Maybe it’s just a TNT thing?

This Sammy Guevara is an effective heel because I already hate his guts and want to fight him, lol.

LOL Jack Swagger

I think NXT was better? hard to say for sure since I was flipping. Watched more NXT though

I DVR’ed AEW. No interest in NXT just because of Vince.

Hope to see Moxley on the show will watch sometime this weekend.

Ratings are in and Vince will not be happy. AEW drew 1.4 mill, and NXT drew 891,000.

Even better for AEW is that it had double NXT's viewers in the 18-49 demographics.
Those ratings combined equal the Smackdown Tuesday ratings on USA.
So AEW has to be happy.

They have some ground to grow with good booking.

Ratings are in and Vince will not be happy. AEW drew 1.4 mill, and NXT drew 891,000.

Even better for AEW is that it had double NXT's viewers in the 18-49 demographic.

You'll see Moxley, all right.

Hot take prediction: Jericho is the best they have right now(and an ideal initial veteran champion because he’s as seasoned as can possibly be but not washed, over, an incredible promo and charisma guy, and can still wrestle ), and Kenny will be the guy they initially strap their ship too(and I think he’ll make a great face champion sometime in the next year), but Moxley will be the guy who shines most here overall when we all look back on it.

AEW finished second for the night on cable in the 18-49 demographic. That translates to higher rates for ad sales, which, because of the contract that AEW signed, means more money in the promotion's coffers.

Hey, it's only one week. But AEW is well on its way to becoming 'a viable alternative to WWE'. It's all I've wanted: a promotion that actually excites and intrigues me and has weekly TV I want to watch.

BTW, I switched to NXT at 10. The production looked...dark. Dark mat, bad lighting. Looked minor league.

Yeah this is the biggest knock on the NXT show to me. Thought it was good, maybe better thn AEW, but one show looks major league and the other doesn't. Can imagine Vince standing for that

Yeah this is the biggest knock on the NXT show to me. Thought it was good, maybe better thn AEW, but one show looks major league and the other doesn't. Can imagine Vince standing for that

Agree. There's no way he stays at Full Sail. The place seats, what, about 350? Not to mention, despite the hot show last night, the audience has generally been pretty dead, which is what invariably happens when there's a show at the same location every week. NXT has excellent wrestling, although the sameness of the WWE style brings it down a couple of notches. But they made a mistake in committing to Full Sail through the end of the year. The sooner they get out of that building, the better. Of course, it means added expenses, but they're not exactly starving for revenue. This raises another challenge, though. That is, except for the Takeover shows, NXT hasn't drawn that well when they go on the road. Where, exactly, will they go?

Agree. There's no way he stays at Full Sail. The place seats, what, about 350? Not to mention, despite the hot show last night, the audience has generally been pretty dead, which is what invariably happens when there's a show at the same location every week. NXT has excellent wrestling, although the sameness of the WWE style brings it down a couple of notches. But they made a mistake in committing to Full Sail through the end of the year. The sooner they get out of that building, the better. Of course, it means added expenses, but they're not exactly starving for revenue. This raises another challenge, though. That is, except for the Takeover shows, NXT hasn't drawn that well when they go on the road. Where, exactly, will they go?

I’m rooting for NXT to flop, since they clearly pulled this move to try to cut down AEW.

They already got 5 hours of Raw/Smackdown on TV every week - and at least 3 1/2 of them are usually boring/bad. Enough is enough.