after the 5-0, 8 of 9 stretch | Syracusefan.com

after the 5-0, 8 of 9 stretch

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
  • we are back up to a much more respectable 39-27 since 25-0.
  • we aren't currently on bubble (although have to get some more w's to stay off of bubble)
  • Silent G now 18 points away from 1,000 career (including the 33 at duke, barring injury will still get to 1,000 cuse only points) http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-gbinije-1.html
  • Boeheim has now caused 984 losses for his opponents

I agree the team still needs some wins to firmly cement themselves in the Tourney, but I'm not so sure we're a bubble team right now; I think we're better than that. Our resume is as good as or better than the teams ranked 20-25 from last week, even before taking the Hopkins games into consideration.

• we are back up to a much more respectable 39-27 since 25-0.
  • we aren't currently on bubble (although have to get some more w's to stay off of bubble)
  • Silent G now 18 points away from 1,000 career (including the 33 at duke, barring injury will still get to 1,000 cuse only points) http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-gbinije-1.html
  • Boeheim has now caused 984 losses for his opponents
Not sure how you got to 984 unless you counted the 4 wins Hop got when JB was sitting out? Thought those did not count for or against Jimmy. Regardless...great way to express the numbers we all believe in.

I agree the team still needs some wins to firmly cement themselves in the Tourney, but I'm not so sure we're a bubble team right now; I think we're better than that. Our resume is as good as or better than the teams ranked 20-25 from last week, even before taking the Hopkins games into consideration.

I agree, I said we arent currently on the bubble. I think we are an 8/9 seed WITHOUT considering the Boeheim suspension. You could make a case for 6/7 if you really discount those 9 games for us.

Not sure how you got to 984 unless you counted the 4 wins Hop got when JB was sitting out? Thought those did not count for or against Jimmy. Regardless...great way to express the numbers we all believe in.

I don't know how to credit those wins or not. I think Jimmy gets credit for them. I know he did when he was out for prostate cancer. I used this as my source:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/jim-boeheim-1.html

There WEREN'T any wins when he was out for prostrate cancer, were there? I thought Bernie lost both games, precipitating an early JB return. [could be wrong]

JB was out three games. We beat Hofstra and then got smoked by NC State and Georgia Tech.

There WEREN'T any wins when he was out for prostrate cancer, were there? I thought Bernie lost both games, precipitating an early JB return. [could be wrong]

went 1-2 that stretch including 1 horrible awful loss in atlanta to Ga Tech.

went 1-2 that stretch including 1 horrible awful loss in atlanta to Ga Tech.

I also lived in the Atlanta area during that time. That was just fantastic having to deal with all those Tech fans after that debacle....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom