after the 5-0, 8 of 9 stretch | Syracusefan.com

after the 5-0, 8 of 9 stretch

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
  • we are back up to a much more respectable 39-27 since 25-0.
  • we aren't currently on bubble (although have to get some more w's to stay off of bubble)
  • Silent G now 18 points away from 1,000 career (including the 33 at duke, barring injury will still get to 1,000 cuse only points) http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-gbinije-1.html
  • Boeheim has now caused 984 losses for his opponents

I agree the team still needs some wins to firmly cement themselves in the Tourney, but I'm not so sure we're a bubble team right now; I think we're better than that. Our resume is as good as or better than the teams ranked 20-25 from last week, even before taking the Hopkins games into consideration.

• we are back up to a much more respectable 39-27 since 25-0.
  • we aren't currently on bubble (although have to get some more w's to stay off of bubble)
  • Silent G now 18 points away from 1,000 career (including the 33 at duke, barring injury will still get to 1,000 cuse only points) http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-gbinije-1.html
  • Boeheim has now caused 984 losses for his opponents
Not sure how you got to 984 unless you counted the 4 wins Hop got when JB was sitting out? Thought those did not count for or against Jimmy. Regardless...great way to express the numbers we all believe in.

I agree the team still needs some wins to firmly cement themselves in the Tourney, but I'm not so sure we're a bubble team right now; I think we're better than that. Our resume is as good as or better than the teams ranked 20-25 from last week, even before taking the Hopkins games into consideration.

I agree, I said we arent currently on the bubble. I think we are an 8/9 seed WITHOUT considering the Boeheim suspension. You could make a case for 6/7 if you really discount those 9 games for us.

Not sure how you got to 984 unless you counted the 4 wins Hop got when JB was sitting out? Thought those did not count for or against Jimmy. Regardless...great way to express the numbers we all believe in.

I don't know how to credit those wins or not. I think Jimmy gets credit for them. I know he did when he was out for prostate cancer. I used this as my source:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/jim-boeheim-1.html

There WEREN'T any wins when he was out for prostrate cancer, were there? I thought Bernie lost both games, precipitating an early JB return. [could be wrong]

JB was out three games. We beat Hofstra and then got smoked by NC State and Georgia Tech.

There WEREN'T any wins when he was out for prostrate cancer, were there? I thought Bernie lost both games, precipitating an early JB return. [could be wrong]

went 1-2 that stretch including 1 horrible awful loss in atlanta to Ga Tech.

went 1-2 that stretch including 1 horrible awful loss in atlanta to Ga Tech.

I also lived in the Atlanta area during that time. That was just fantastic having to deal with all those Tech fans after that debacle....