After the shot, my wife said I was Hysterical | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

After the shot, my wife said I was Hysterical

I'm pretty sure I've told my roommates that I'm going to have a heart attack for each of the past nine games... and I'm a healthy 21 year old.

We beat Wake after being down by 8, held off a late FSU comeback attempt, beat NC State after being down 16 thanks to Gillon's heroics, we beat Virginia for Boeheim's 1000th after being down 12, beat Clemson after being down 12 thanks to Battles' game winner, we were down 12 versus Pitt with 7 minutes left and brought it within 3 with 7 seconds left, had a chance to beat Louisville in regulation and OT after being down 14, barely lost to GT after being down 13 and with some questionable calls down the stretch, and now last night's game. Not sure what the largest deficit was last night, but it was at least 8-10 I bet.

Easily the best stretch of regular season games I've ever watched as a Cuse fan and may even stack up well against some of our tourney runs.

I clearly recall the atomic bomb wave of noise when Gillon hit the shot, but don't remember seeing it go in. My daughter saw the shot go in, but said that she was in such a state of shock she couldn't remember the sound blast.

She has been coming to the games with me faithfully for the last 8 years, ever since she graduated from college. She missed two of the most significant games of that time period (and perhaps EVER): Duke 2014, when she went to a concert, and Virginia, when she went to NYC to see the same group. I could not believe she wasn't there for those games, and I know she felt a little sad about it, too. Adopted the stiff upper lip, but I know it was frustrating to her that she made a choice both times that caused her to miss out.

Well, she didn't miss out on this one.

If you don't have stories like these, you're not a true 'Cuse fan. My wife enjoys taking snapchats during the game and sending to her friends and my family. Also, she has saved them and compiles a montage video every year to show to my family. She really thinks she's funny.

Just a ridiculous stretch of games. The Louisville game probably hurt me more than a lot of our NCAA Tournament losses. Just an absolutely heart-crushing loss. The Virginia & Florida State games were great partly because they were unexpected. Much like last night's game was. I was out in NYC with some friends for the Clemson game - needless to say, the next day was a little rough.

Unfortunately, I was unable to watch the game live last night, and was trying like all heck to watch on DVR without knowing the score. But inevitably there is one person you forget to text "Don't text me about the game" because you don't expect them to, who ends up ruining it.

I was happy to watch the full game, commercial free, when I got home.

Obviously went nuts. Wish I had watched with my parents. Both are diehard fans (my mom knew Fred Lewis' daughter)

If you got kids sleeping reaction to Gillon's shot

fortune-clapping.gif

He's actually pretty good with the observations.

Now if I could just get him to take away the opponents right hand when actually playing hoops, we'd be onto something. But I'm just some idiot dad who knows nothing. Despite the fact I still play 2-3 times a week, and watch way too much basketball.

Meh, at 13 they don't listen to teachers or coaches much either ... :cool:

When I first glanced at the title of this post I thought it read, "After I shot my wife they said I was hysterical." :noidea:
Well maybe after St. Johns.

I clearly recall the atomic bomb wave of noise when Gillon hit the shot, but don't remember seeing it go in. My daughter saw the shot go in, but said that she was in such a state of shock she couldn't remember the sound blast.

She has been coming to the games with me faithfully for the last 8 years, ever since she graduated from college. She missed two of the most significant games of that time period (and perhaps EVER): Duke 2014, when she went to a concert, and Virginia, when she went to NYC to see the same group. I could not believe she wasn't there for those games, and I know she felt a little sad about it, too. Adopted the stiff upper lip, but I know it was frustrating to her that she made a choice both times that caused her to miss out.

Well, she didn't miss out on this one.

Please don't tell me that group was Nickleback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom