Aggressiveness | Syracusefan.com

Aggressiveness

Cuse4Life

Walk On
My one problem with the coaches is they always seem to play not to lose rather than to just go out and play to win. If our defense has the opponent in a 3rd and 8, our cornerbacks back off the line of scrimmage to about 12 yrds deep and allows the 8 yrd hitch route, rather than playing bump and run and get the receivers timing off and allow our defensiveline to get in and pressure...

Our D last night did not appear to play with the same level of aggression that we displayed against WVU. That approach yielded 37 points which our offense can't match. I'd much rather lose bringing aggressive pressure on the QB. If he beats us with his feet or makes a great throw fine, but we have a much better chance for a pick, a sack or an incompletion when you are in his face or he is on the run. The "bend don't break" approach is a recipe for disaster with our team.

My one problem with the coaches is they always seem to play not to lose rather than to just go out and play to win. If our defense has the opponent in a 3rd and 8, our cornerbacks back off the line of scrimmage to about 12 yrds deep and allows the 8 yrd hitch route, rather than playing bump and run and get the receivers timing off and allow our defensiveline to get in and pressure...

That's why I think we play better against the better teams like WVU, USC and WF. We take more chances figuring we can't beat them mano y mano. Maybe it bodes well for us against Cincy and Pitt where both teams have more talent and are better than us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom