Alabama makes it officlal | Syracusefan.com

Alabama makes it officlal

Marsh01

Living Legend
They have named lane kiffin as their offensive coordinator.

Scumbag

Scumbag
Is he trying to get U$C and Raiders players to follow him to Alabama?

Roll tide.

lane-kiffin-twerk.jpg

Bummer, I was hoping Petrino would hire him at Louisville so they could form an awesome heel tag team.

Road-Warriors.jpg

Samoans.jpg

That would be an easy buy out for Saban, just have kiffen commit a few major violations, which he will.

Or better yet, maybe Saban just wants to fire the guy for whatever reason

#failup
Given his career trajectory, he should be available as a grad assistant in a few years.

In fact, he is living somewhat the opposite of the Peter Principle. He started at the top and is failing downward, until presumably he will find a job that matches his level of competence.

Last edited:
Wonder if he will make it through the season.

Not sure why saben would ever do this. Plenty of good talented OC out there. Why risk it? I know they are friends so maybe this is a favor but if so Nick is putting his arse out there

Not sure why saben would ever do this. Plenty of good talented OC out there. Why risk it? I know they are friends so maybe this is a favor but if so Nick is putting his arse out there

Splash move to counter the "embarrassment" of losing Nussmeier to Michigan?

Kiffin has been a disaster as a HC, but he had exceptional productivity when he was the OC for Pete Carroll. Granted, he had a ton of NFL talent to work with. Whatever the reason, I do NOT think this is Saban throwing Kiffin a bone. Saban does not operate that way.

And just when I think I can't hate Bama anymore than I did... this happens.

Perhaps they can hire Schiano as DC and Jim Calhoun as Special teams coach as well?

How long before the NCAA recruiting violations knock the Tide out of relevance? I say four years. Please stickie this thread so I can brag in 2018!

Scumbag

I don't think he's a scumbag. But I think Greg Doyel summed it up well in his column earlier this week. Kid has gotten primo job after primo job, but hasn't done anything at any stop along the way to earn it. Pseudo-nepotism at its worst.

We've seen how difficult it can be to replace a long-time starting QB, even at the factory schools. Saban now has a high profile scapegoat in place just in case the next guy struggles. And if the new QB is successful, he's just continuing the legacy of great Nick Saban teams. It's a win-win.

And just when I think I can't hate Bama anymore than I did... this happens.

Perhaps they can hire Schiano as DC and Jim Calhoun as Special teams coach as well?

What makes it even funnier is how much Bama fans hated the guy at Tennessee and now are defending the move. You have to love fandome and the emotion it brings to sway those deep feelings.

Honestly, this guy must have some smoking hot wife or something because I just don't get why people hire him. At least Greg Robinson is a nice guy, I have not heard any reports of Kiffin being a decent man...ever.

What makes it even funny how much Bama fans hated the guy at Tennessee and now are defending the move. You have to love fandome and the emotion it brings to sway those deep feelings.

Honestly, this guy must have some smoking hot wife or something because I just don't get why people hire him. At least Greg Robinson is a nice guy, I have not heard any reports of Kiffin being a decent man...ever.

He does have a smoking hot wife... or atleast he did when he was at tennessee.That reminds me, I think they named one of their kids knoxville and curious if they'll have to change his/her name now. That kid will get crushed in an alabama school.

He does have a smoking hot wife... or atleast he did when he was at tennessee.That reminds me, I think they named one of their kids knoxville and curious if they'll have to change his/her name now. That kid will get crushed in an alabama school.

I'm sure he's going to a private school so maybe he'll be ok. This ought to be a fun storyline to watch in 2014.

why does life keep pissing me off

Looking at the Bama board and there's a heavy buzz that Saban is going to bring Ed Ogeron on board to be their new d line coach. He and Kiffin are great recruiters which could make Bama even more lethal on the recruiting trail than they already are.

Looking at the Bama board and there's a heavy buzz that Saban is going to bring Ed Ogeron on board to be their new d line coach. He and Kiffin are great recruiters which could make Bama even more lethal on the recruiting trail than they already are.
Ummmm wow

@Rand_Getlin: Hearing Ed Orgeron may be the new DL coach at #Alabama. Nothing definitive yet, but source says it'll happen "unless they hit a snag".

@BFeldmanCBS32m
Saw reports saying that Ed Orgeron is expected to join #Bama staff.. I am pretty sure that's NOT gonna happen. Never was.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom