Alan Griffin transfers to Syracuse. | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin transfers to Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Miss the old Jon...the one that spread rumors about players' heights.
SmartSelect_20200728-224346_Twitter.jpg

Rothstein is such an asshat. He used to be amusing but his takes are consistently terrible and he adds nothing of substance to anything, ever.

Listening to Rothstein talk he does know college basketball but that is definitely overshadowed by his ridiculous, repetitive schtick.

Listening to Rothstein talk he does know college basketball but that is definitely overshadowed by his ridiculous, repetitive schtick.
I follow him on twitter (yeah I'm a masochist ok) and his expanded repetitive shtick has become trumpeting bad movies as must-see and intricately describing food at various Italian restaurants like he's Mario Batali

I follow him on twitter (yeah I'm a masochist ok) and his expanded repetitive shtick has become trumpeting bad movies as must-see and intricately describing food at various Italian restaurants like he's Mario Batali

Sounds more and more like the Dick Vitale of the Internet.

Admit it. When Vitale finally retires, it won't be the same. :)
Can't come fast enough! Like I said, he wore out his welcome w/ me a long, long time ago. I think it was the first time I decided that muting him during one of his "look at me! look at me!" rants, made the game a much more pleasant experience. That and the constant circle-jerk of Duke and Kentucky basketball which exposed him for the shill and hypocrite he is. Good riddance!

If he gets a waiver, what will be Alan Griffin’s impact on the team this season? First offensive option and leading scorer? Second or third leading scorer? Does he definitely start ahead of Quincy? How long will it take for him to adjust to the SU systems?

Last edited:
If he gets a waiver, what will Alan Griffin’s impact be on the team this season? First offensive option and leading scorer? Second or third leading scorer? Does he definitely start ahead of Quincy? How long will it take for him to adjust to the SU systems?

Based on his production as a soph at Illinois, and assuming improvement being a year older, and more minutes...I think good chance he’s first or second leading scorer.

I think he starts over Quincy because we need a 3rd 3 point shooter on the court. Quincy, Marek, and Sidibe in there together would’ve been fine in 2000. Not in 2020 though.

Based on his production as a soph at Illinois, and assuming improvement being a year older, and more minutes...I think good chance he’s first or second leading scorer.

I think he starts over Quincy because we need a 3rd 3 point shooter on the court. Quincy, Marek, and Sidibe in there together would’ve been fine in 2000. Not in 2020 though.

Agreed. He's going to have a big season...just hope there is one

If he gets a waiver, what will be Alan Griffin’s impact on the team this season? First offensive option and leading scorer? Second or third leading scorer? Does he definitely start ahead of Quincy? How long will it take for him to adjust to the SU systems?
He’s not as well rounded as Eli - but he’s a better 3pt shooter and rebounder. He won’t be able to create for himself as often as Eli did so he’ll rely more on JG to feed him. I think it’s reasonable to expect 32mpg, 15ppg, 7rpg and 40% from 3

He’s not as well rounded as Eli - but he’s a better 3pt shooter and rebounder. He won’t be able to create for himself as often as Eli did so he’ll rely more on JG to feed him. I think it’s reasonable to expect 32mpg, 15ppg, 7rpg and 40% from 3
Sounds good to me!!! With another guy bringing in those numbers this team will be a nightmare to guard from the three point line

I like Vitale.

Might be time to keep him to one game/week and he was too front and center for a time but he brings a lot of energy.

I also miss ESPN prioritizing college hoops which coincided with Vitale being everywhere. I think everyone who works there deserves to be fired for getting rid of the 24 hour marathon.

There is no reason to deny any waivers this year. The friggen rule would be gone if not for the pandemic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom