Albany destroyed in every facet | Syracusefan.com

Albany destroyed in every facet

Dcuse

All Conference
against Yale today. Damn good Yale club but Albany looked like a bull league team. Hard to believe our program could ever drop to the point of how we lost to the Albany team I watched today. Very sad.

against Yale today. Damn good Yale club but Albany looked like a bull league team. Hard to believe our program could ever drop to the point of how we lost to the Albany team I watched today. Very sad.

Fields got hurt in the 1st quarter and didn't come back in. Also in a rare reversal Ierlan got beat up at the X by Mackie. When Albany doesn't have possession after possession and Fields is out there going to struggle to beat anyone. There in big trouble as Fields will not be anywhere near 100% the rest of the season if he plays at all.

I was at the game. Albany was a shell of itself once Fields was injured. Mackie was a force at the X, and that was surprising. Yale played physical with Albany and forced them into turnovers with aggressive rides.

Not close to the same Albany team that beat SU, but some of that goes to Yale and, of course, the loss of Fields.

I’d be surprised if Albany makes it to Foxboro.

Fields supposed to have an MRI today. Doesn’t look good

I was at the game. Albany was a shell of itself once Fields was injured. Mackie was a force at the X, and that was surprising. Yale played physical with Albany and forced them into turnovers with aggressive rides.

Not close to the same Albany team that beat SU, but some of that goes to Yale and, of course, the loss of Fields.

I’d be surprised if Albany makes it to Foxboro.
I don't believe they have a much of a chance without Fields playing at 100%

Fields supposed to have an MRI today. Doesn’t look good

I think he's done regardless of what the MRI says. He apparently went down just moving not even cutting or doing something difficult. He clearly has some structural issues that aren't going to heal in two weeks.

I think he's done regardless of what the MRI says. He apparently went down just moving not even cutting or doing something difficult. He clearly has some structural issues that aren't going to heal in two weeks.
Non-contact injuries are supposed to be the absolute worst. Ryan Conrad really ripped things in his leg and no one from SU was near him at the time.

Non-contact injuries are supposed to be the absolute worst. Ryan Conrad really ripped things in his leg and no one from SU was near him at the time.

Agreed. With Fields this re-injury goes back to the original injury a month agao which I believe was also a non contact one. Marr made an error of epic proportions playing him with a limp the next week after the injury.

It's incredibly sad watching Fields trying to play thru it on one leg, he was on course for a Tewaaraton and pushing All Time Points record as well as taking UAlbany to First Final Four ever.

They are a completely different team to the one that visited the Dome, that was their best performance by far.

I hope he is able to get back to 100% to play in MLL and NLL going forward, he was also on the list for Canada for World Games this summer in Netanya, Israel

They think it’s the MCL.

If non surgical at this point I’d guess he’s be done until the 2nd round game min. That’s about a month from now.

Unless they can over come the chemistry issues now and find a leader then stick a fork in them.

It's incredibly sad watching Fields trying to play thru it on one leg, he was on course for a Tewaaraton and pushing All Time Points record as well as taking UAlbany to First Final Four ever.

They are a completely different team to the one that visited the Dome, that was their best performance by far.

I hope he is able to get back to 100% to play in MLL and NLL going forward, he was also on the list for Canada for World Games this summer in Netanya, Israel

That win against Maryland was also very good with the rally. Can't say that UMD was not up for that game. Interesting that despite all the regular season success they have not made a final four. Not saying it is impossible this year but it is a heck of a lot more challenging without Fields.

They think it’s the MCL.

If non surgical at this point I’d guess he’s be done until the 2nd round game min. That’s about a month from now.

Unless they can over come the chemistry issues now and find a leader then stick a fork in them.
The "fortunate" thing for them is that they have Hartford and at least one game in the conference tournament to try to figure things out before the NCAAs. A difficult proposition at best. "Availability of players" is a consideration by the committee when determining seeds, so they'll move down from #1.

The "fortunate" thing for them is that they have Hartford and at least one game in the conference tournament to try to figure things out before the NCAAs. A difficult proposition at best. "Availability of players" is a consideration by the committee when determining seeds, so they'll move down from #1.

Yes indeed, they might be able to figure some things out. I think they'll still win their conference tourney and grab a bye. The problem I see is that even if he comes back, he'll disrupt the chemistry they've maybe found and then he likely won't even be near 100% either. Double whammy really.

Agreed, seems likely this will turn into one of those what if type of seasons not un-similar to SU with Arinze in bball back in 2012. Without him I don't think there a top 10 team, just don't have anyone who can play that QB type of position and Nanticoke has really struggled to be that #1 guy while Fields is out as his only dodging move is a bull dodge that teams are collapsing on and turning him over.

I am sure he will get back to 100% with the appropriate time off an probably surgery but it appears highly unlikely he will be back this year anywhere close to 100% if he does at all.

Cornell had Albany beat winning zero faceoffs. If a team like Yale wins more than 50% Albany is gonna be in bug trouble

I was there as well and Cuseguy has it right. Yale was bigger, more physical and more aggressive and really took it to Albany. Reeves is a monster live, wow.

Fields was trying to initiate a dodge with a man and his face and just crumpled to the turf in a weird, slow-motion fashion, then desperately rolled the ball across the field as he went down.

Really sad to see. He tried to test the leg between quarters and wasn't even close to being able to move on it.

I was there as well and Cuseguy has it right. Yale was bigger, more physical and more aggressive and really took it to Albany. Reeves is a monster live, wow.

Fields was trying to initiate a dodge with a man and his face and just crumpled to the turf in a weird, slow-motion fashion, then desperately rolled the ball across the field as he went down.

Really sad to see. He tried to test the leg between quarters and wasn't even close to being able to move on it.

yep Yale was REALLY aggressive and REALLY physical. Albany definitely couldn't handle it. That's old-school Shay. We liked to beat people up.

I know it was only one game but if Yale carries that over they are a real threat to win it all.

yale-cornell ivy final would be intriguing. Yale really physical, cornell playing better than they were the first match.. could really have an effect on seeding too.

Cornell might have lost the one faceoff guy who was playing well though.. I dont know if they can survive winning 20% of faceoffs against these good teams, it needs to be closer to 40%.

A few weeks ago, Scott Marr was the greatest thing since sliced bread here.

Feel terrible for Fields, hoping for the best

yep Yale was REALLY aggressive and REALLY physical. Albany definitely couldn't handle it. That's old-school Shay. We liked to beat people up.

I know it was only one game but if Yale carries that over they are a real threat to win it all.
Agree. Some believed before season began that this was Yale's best team in many many years and they appear to have hit their stride. They have to be one of the favorites.

A few weeks ago, Scott Marr was the greatest thing since sliced bread here.

Feel terrible for Fields, hoping for the best

Marr has done an outstanding job at Albany but his handling of Field's injury has been brutal. If I was an Albany fan I would be livid.

Saw a tweet that the MRI showed no structural damage. As someone who has had multiple ACL repairs its crazy that a knee with no structural damage and in a pretty significant brace would buckle like that (and still have no damage). Kid has had a fantastic career, hopefully he can get back to play at a high level this season. Hope they can host a good playoff game - last years game vs. UNC was outstanding.

Saw a tweet that the MRI showed no structural damage. As someone who has had multiple ACL repairs its crazy that a knee with no structural damage and in a pretty significant brace would buckle like that (and still have no damage). Kid has had a fantastic career, hopefully he can get back to play at a high level this season. Hope they can host a good playoff game - last years game vs. UNC was outstanding.

At this point I doubt he's going to end up being at 100% for the tourney despite the good news that he doesn't have a tear or an additional injury. He sat out 2+ weeks and his knee buckled in a non contact situation. I am sure he is going to give it a go again probably next week or in the tourney but it seems at this point he probably needs an extended period of rest to resolve the issue and thats time Albany doesn't have now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom