Alec Lemon | Syracusefan.com

Alec Lemon

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
7 reps on the bench press
4.56 unofficial 40yd

Unfortunately that isn't going to help him get drafter. One way or another though, once he is in camp I think he'll do pretty well.

the 7 reps in the BP isn't very good, but he should be happy with a 4.56. he looked a bit out of shape running, to be honest, a little soft.

Runs a 4.62 second go around.

Screen Shot 2013-02-24 at 10.04.36 AM.png

7 reps on the bench press
4.56 unofficial 40yd

Slowest 40 time of the receivers who have tested so far. But Alec was always going to get drafted based on what he did on the field rather than the measurables.

He's done very well in drills though. Zero drops

Slowest 40 time of the receivers who have tested so far. But Alec was always going to get drafted based on what he did on the field rather than the measurables.
Not so sure about that anymore. His numbers today were awful!

10 yard split, vertical jump, and broad jump are probably a better measure of explosiveness and suddeness than running 40 yards in a straight line. The 7 reps of 225 more has to do with Alex's shoulder than his strength.

That ain't doing him any favors.NFL secondary s will eat him up. He goes in later rounds as a roll of the dice pick unless Doug wants him as a choice of past appreciation. Lemon helped him get that cushy Buffalo job
Alec's numbers shouldn't shock anyone. He is a football player, not an underwear Olympian.

Alec is not going to be "the next great NFL receiver from SU" what he is a shifty SOB who will be a solid slot player and ST at the next level. Expect him to go in the later rounds, and excel beyond his draft status, but not as a big time player on the next level.

The best comparison of recent draft picks that come to mind is Jeremy Kerley, although Alec isn't as versatile. But I expect him to be an annoyance for opponents on third downs, especially if he goes to a team with a top tier QB.

Anything 4.5-4.59 is fine for an NFL WR. There are plenty of guys in the league that run in that range. He's been absurd in the drills so far. Few guys have the hands that Alec has at this combine.

So Alec ran a 4.6 cominig into SU and a 4.6 at the nfl combine?---were the development of speed. Or did he slack off during his tenure here? SU should really develop these guys all 4 years here in speed so people leave SU FASTER, and not the same

So Alec ran a 4.6 cominig into SU and a 4.6 at the nfl combine?---were the development of speed. Or did he slack off during his tenure here? SU should really develop these guys all 4 years here in speed so people leave SU FASTER, and not the same
The difference in the development is that he ran a 4.6 in hs at 175 pounds. He is now leaving college running a 4.6 at 202 pounds. there is a difference

So he gained weight? I bet out of highschool he could lift 225 7x also. He runs the same and lifts the same --were is the development? I get it, he runs better routes and catches better--thats on coaches. But has he really left SU as a better athlete????/

So he gained weight? I bet out of highschool he could lift 225 7x also. He runs the same and lifts the same --were is the development? I get it, he runs better routes and catches better--thats on coaches. But has he really left SU as a better athlete????/

If you don't think Lemon progressed at SU then you haven't been paying much attention to the team. If you told me two years ago that Lemon would be in the 2013 combine I would have laughed at you. Of course he's developed.

Are you kidding me? Do you really think our players get slower and weaker while at Syracuse?

Your first problem is that you apparently believe the 40 times being reported by kids coming out of high school. Alex was probably a 4.7 kid coming out of high school. Your second assumption is that HS kid use reps of 225 on the bech during HS combines. It's not 225, it's 185. Alex is coming off shoulder surgery and has only been repping with higer weights as of late.

Two things:

A high school coach's timing is not the same as an NFL Scott's timing. In other words I doubt he ran as fast as the timing from HS would lead you to believe.

You can't develop speed. You are born with speed. Getting in better shape, learning how to start and other technique improvements can help your times, but your speed won't change. Quickness, knowledge of the game, being in better shape; those are things you gain in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom