Alford went up and got it | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alford went up and got it

Nope.

Edit. Good catch. He missed too.

I was thinking Ellis at LG
It is a fair question. Illoa looks to protect to the left immediately, and never looks to his right. Someone missed their assignment. Would like this question asked this week, because Shrader is feeling his ribs on the right side… and that shouldn’t have happened.

Didn’t VT play so much better today than previous games?
I’d think that there are a lot of people in Blacksburg who are upset with the last minute loss but also see this as a relatively positive step.

(Honestly I don’t care because VT grads have always been annoying to me.)
Tell me about it I have 9 of them in my family.

I remember reading a thread earlier in the week asking "when is the last time someone went up to grab a ball?" (paraphrasing). Well, it's been awhile, but today was the day. Liking Alford and Jackson as 1-2 combo. Let's go!
Yup that was me! Kind of ironic isn’t it lol… like actually the two plays making a difference we’re CJ and DA going up and getting it

the Center didnt block anyone either.. so both got confused because 1 of them has to take that free runner.

Perfect storm for blown OL assignment as Davis was likely torn between who to shade/help

Serv filling in at RT or Ilaoa at C. Looks like he chose to help outside and Ilaoa didn’t slide right.

Perfect storm for blown OL assignment as Davis was likely torn between who to shade/help

Serv filling in at RT or Ilaoa at C. Looks like he chose to help outside and Ilaoa didn’t slide right.
You'd think, always help the younger backup than the six year starter?

You'd think, always help the younger backup than the six year starter?
Maybe, but I think it’s more difficult than seniority/experience.

I don’t remember how VT lined up before that play - if the guy who hit Shrader came on a delayed blitz.

Davis may also have thought it’s easier for Shrader to see and evade the A gap blitzer rather than the right side DE.

oh man, I think it was 57 (again!)

Can't tell with certainty. but yeah houston we have a problem with 57 if so gonna get shrader killed. And I thought previously he was one of our best. These are not hard reads, basic OL 101, w t f...

I was going to ask you about this. It was so bizarre. Iloa immediately went to his left to support and Dakota to his right to block an invisible man.

As if the throw and catch wasn’t impressive enough, having a DT run free at you makes it that much better.

Maybe, but I think it’s more difficult than seniority/experience.

I don’t remember how VT lined up before that play - if the guy who hit Shrader came on a delayed blitz.

Davis may also have thought it’s easier for Shrader to see and evade the A gap blitzer rather than the right side DE.
It was a delayed blitz. But wouldn't he know it's a deep shot and pass protection was needed? I'm not an old OL so I just don't know.

It was a delayed blitz. But wouldn't he know it's a deep shot and pass protection was needed? I'm not an old OL so I just don't know.
I think the delay helped Davis decide to support Serv inside so Airon could sell out to stop the outside rush.

Ilaoa doesn’t look to have his head on a swivel or recognized the delayed blitz too late.

Thankfully Shrader is made of adamantium

I was going to ask you about this. It was so bizarre. Iloa immediately went to his left to support and Dakota to his right to block an invisible man.

As if the throw and catch wasn’t impressive enough, having a DT run free at you makes it that much better.
Yeah it’s a troubling pattern developing with him. Watched the replay, otherwise he played well but man o man he’s screwing up the easy stuff, OL 101, and it’s killing GS. There was no blitz either just a routine rush and DL over him.

Yeah it’s a troubling pattern developing with him. Watched the replay, otherwise he played well but man o man he’s screwing up the easy stuff, OL 101, and it’s killing GS. There was no blitz either just a routine rush and DL over him.
If this keeps up, one of these times Shrader isn’t getting back up off the ground

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom