Alford with more catches and yards today | Syracusefan.com

Alford with more catches and yards today

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
Than he had in the previous 3 games this season.

Stepped up in a huge way.

I want him to make my skepticism in him look really stupid.

And we need him to make me look as dumb as possible if Jones is going to miss more games.

Maybe this was his coming out party and turns into Jamal Custis, tons of potential, little production and then all of a sudden boom, he figured it out, a huge and effective threat. I think Jamal cashed some NFL checks on the Chiefs practice squad too and might have been active for a good number of games

One trick pony...high points the jump balls well. Does not make the easy look easy, however. Limited.
Debbie Downer.gif

This was his best game as a cuse player and to beat Clemson he needs to match that, maybe at minimum. Sounds crazy but we need another 8+ reception game I think and a big game changing TD of sorts. We don’t have our NFL guy so this puts just so much pressure on Alford to do these performances on elite competition. Huge ask. These upcoming games tell me what kinda dude he is. You want to play in the league? Show it

That bad man is a baller. Getting better every week. On his way to the league.
Needed him to improve and it appears he has. Even more critical with the injuries. However... when was the last time a Syracuse pass catcher caught a pass in the league? Was it actually Mike Williams (RIP..)? Maybe I'm forgetting someone obvious but I don't remember seeing anything recently, even our (relatively) elite wideouts in Dino's tenure. As always, we jump the gun with the league predictions. Kid has great size and is stepping up, that's what matters most right now.

Needed him to improve and it appears he has. Even more critical with the injuries. However... when was the last time a Syracuse pass catcher caught a pass in the league? Was it actually Mike Williams (RIP..)? Maybe I'm forgetting someone obvious but I don't remember seeing anything recently, even our (relatively) elite wideouts in Dino's tenure. As always, we jump the gun with the league predictions. Kid has great size and is stepping up, that's what matters most right now.
They draft on potential. He has it. They can coach his weaknesses but cant teach 6'6"

I have a love hate relationship with Alford

But I would never call him a “one trick pony”

The kid can make the impossible catches but you give him a wide open catch and he’s 50/50 going to catch it

Have to chalk up to nerves on that

He’s never going to live down that drop against WMU. It has typecast him like Jon Heder as Napolean Dynamite.

I think two things happened that didn't always happen last year. He got open, although the catches he made, made it seem like he wasn't. He had NFL catches, scouts love physical catches like he had Saturday. He was also targeted in a way he never has been before. I wonder if in the past not being the main target throughout the game made him lose focus. He was definitely dialed in Saturday.

I have a love hate relationship with Alford

But I would never call him a “one trick pony”

The kid can make the impossible catches but you give him a wide open catch and he’s 50/50 going to catch it

Have to chalk up to nerves on that
I haven’t seen him drop an easy one in a while. I think he gave the “dropsies” to Hatcher, however neither dropped any easy ones against Army. It is nerves but you can’t drop the easy ones when you play that position.

They draft on potential. He has it. They can coach his weaknesses but cant teach 6'6"

He definitely looks the part - with that said - the best receiver in the league is 5-9 at very best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom