All-ACC 1st Team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All-ACC 1st Team

Warren's on the list no matter what. He leads in terms of PPG by a sizable margin w/ 52% on FG overall, and 50% in conference

Parker's on the list no matter what. 2nd in PPG overall, 3rd in PPG in conference, 1st in rpg both in conference and overall

I don't know that Ennis makes 1st team, but I think it's quite likely. 30th in PPG overall (30th in conference), but his apg are 1st in conference and overall. His heroics/hype and Cuse's record likely get him 1st team.

Patterson is an interesting case. He's 4th in the league in scoring overall, and 2nd in scoring in ACC play, but he has come up tiny in key conference games. That may drop him to 2nd team, but his numbers SHOULD make him 1st team.

McDaniels will be 2nd team. His percentages aren't that great, he plays for Clemson (these guys rarely get 1st teamers), and it's crowded at the top.

Hood would be kinda hard to not have first team. He's 8th in scoring overall (10th in ACC play), shooting 49% from the field (45% in ACC play), 44% from 3 overall (46% in ACC play, which is way above anyone else with his volume of 3's).

Fair? 9th in scoring overall (also 9th in ACC play), shooting 44% from the field (41% in ACC play), 27% from 3 overall and in ACC play, 23rd in rebounding overall (18th in ACC play). I don't know that he's gonna make 1st team unless you guys go undefeated, and it would probably take a repeat of his Carrier Dome Duke performance at Cameron to get it.

Paige wil likely get the last first team slot. I'm not going to bother going through his numbers, b/c they don't matter. The top UNC player always makes first team.

The UVA case is a very interesting one. Numbers-wise, no one deserves to make it except possibly Brogdon over Hood (and probably over Fair, esp if Cuse and Duke already have Ennis and Parker named -- no way they'd exclude a 2nd-seeded UVA player). If they win the conference, they'll get one no matter what. And it would be Brogdon.

My guess?

Warren
Parker
Ennis
Paige
Brogdon

Last edited:
You can toss Patterson. No way should he be above the guys on this list and several will have to be cut to get down to 5. Patterson has helped his team do exactly jack squat in conference.
No Pitt lover here, but Patterson has done a great deal for them. He just doesn't have much help in making them successful.

orange79 said:
Syracuse gets only 1 on 1st team. Guaranteed.

Agree. That's what I said.

I am also in the camp of Ennis not making it, I would actually be surprised if he did.

I hope he doesn't, remember when he got snubbed for the McDonald's game?

Hood is not a great basketball player. He is a very good shooter but the rest of his game, and the mental aspect is missing some things. He's a bit more athletic, less defensively inclined version of James Southerland.

Warren's on the list no matter what. He leads in terms of PPG by a sizable margin w/ 52% on FG overall, and 50% in conference

Parker's on the list no matter what. 2nd in PPG overall, 3rd in PPG in conference, 1st in rpg both in conference and overall

I don't know that Ennis makes 1st team, but I think it's quite likely. 30th in PPG overall (30th in conference), but his apg are 1st in conference and overall. His heroics/hype and Cuse's record likely get him 1st team.

Patterson is an interesting case. He's 4th in the league in scoring overall, and 2nd in scoring in ACC play, but he has come up tiny in key conference games. That may drop him to 2nd team, but his numbers SHOULD make him 1st team.

McDaniels will be 2nd team. His percentages aren't that great, he plays for Clemson (these guys rarely get 1st teamers), and it's crowded at the top.

Hood would be kinda hard to not have first team. He's 8th in scoring overall (10th in ACC play), shooting 49% from the field (45% in ACC play), 44% from 3 overall (46% in ACC play, which is way above anyone else with his volume of 3's).

Fair? 9th in scoring overall (also 9th in ACC play), shooting 44% from the field (41% in ACC play), 27% from 3 overall and in ACC play, 23rd in rebounding overall (18th in ACC play). I don't know that he's gonna make 1st team unless you guys go undefeated, and it would probably take a repeat of his Carrier Dome Duke performance at Cameron to get it.

Paige wil likely get the last first team slot. I'm not going to bother going through his numbers, b/c they don't matter. The top UNC player always makes first team.

The UVA case is a very interesting one. Numbers-wise, no one deserves to make it except possibly Brogdon over Hood (and probably over Fair, esp if Cuse and Duke already have Ennis and Parker named -- no way they'd exclude a 2nd-seeded UVA player). If they win the conference, they'll get one no matter what. And it would be Brogdon.

My guess?

Warren
Parker
Ennis
Paige
Brogdon

Could see this as well.

Hood should be on the list?
For averaging 3 three's a game?
It's gotta be for his 2 baskets a game from within the arc? Which is most likely a rebound and putback.
Minus his 4 makes at the charity stripe a game, it must be his 11 shot attempts a game to get 12 points that earns him his place on the first team.
Is it his 4 boards a game that makes him a first teamer?
Quite sure that it's his .02 blocks per game as to why he should be considered.
I know, It's because he plays Mc'Donalds defense and allows his man to drive thru at anytime.
Or maybe, just maybe, it is because he finishes his dunks.

dunk.jpg

1st team
Brogdon
Warren
Parker
Fair
Ennis

2nd team
Hood
Patterson
Harris
McAdoo
Paige

3rd team
McDaniels
Wells
Zanna
Grant
Cook

Lots of basketball yet to play. These lists are frequently a reflection of "what have you done for me lately."

KJ McDaniels has to be on that list

He also puts up his numbers in a rock fight system, so his numbers are even better than they look.

If we don't win the ACC regular season I can see one Syracuse player getting the short end of the stick. Fair is only shooting 41% from the floor in ACC play.

To me the fact that he is struggling is a positive. We know he can play better, and yet we are still winning every game.

Hood is not a great basketball player. He is a very good shooter but the rest of his game, and the mental aspect is missing some things. He's a bit more athletic, less defensively inclined version of James Southerland.

He's lightyears ahead of Southerland in terms of being able to create a shot/dribble the ball without it going off his foot.

Depends on how the rest of the season goes, but for me, personally, I'd go with:

TJ Warren
Jabari
McDaniels
Paige

and then a toss-up between CJ and Patterson. I think Patterson has been the better player for the most part, but it's hard to see us not getting a single player on the team if we continue to win.

I think Ennis and Hood are 2nd teamers personally.