all Christmas had to do was exhale | Syracusefan.com

all Christmas had to do was exhale

retro44

Living Legend
and the refs made a call against him.Incredible is they allowed him to shoot a few freebies

Said that in Marsh's thread. He literally couldn't lay a hand on someone without them calling a foul on him. Terrible.

Said that in Marsh's thread. He literally couldn't lay a hand on someone without them calling a foul on him. Terrible.

Just once, would love to see a game officiated like that against pitt. Just once.

People wonder why Rak ends up seeming disinterested?

There is no "fire" that needs to be lit under him. You need to GIVE HIM THE BALL!

Next game, don't watch the ball, simply watch Rak down low. The kid works hard, and actually gets position and seals his man often.

Wouldn't you seem disinterested if you were not involved at all in the offense and got called for nickel dimers on the other end?

There is no "fire" that needs to be lit under him. You need to GIVE HIM THE BALL!

Next game, don't watch the ball, simply watch Rak down low. The kid works hard, and actually gets position and seals his man often.

Wouldn't you seem disinterested if you were not involved at all in the offense and got called for nickel dimers on the other end?
As hard as Christmas may seem to work, he never has his hands up and never asks for the ball. It goes both ways really. And on a related note MCW was bailed out by Triche tonight. If MCW continues to think "score 1st, pass 2nd" we'll need career games from someone on a nightly basis. I hate to say that as happy as I am for the win, our team isn't playing as Well as it was in December and early January and is nowhere near its potential or ready for March.

Bingo.

Early in the game, pins his man under the rim. No entry pass.

Seals man, no entry pass.

At a certain I would just stand around, set my picks, and rest too. Why wouldn't you?

The only time that MCW seems to want to give him the ball is when he gets jammed up going to the basket. Then it's a 4 foot pass at Roc's feet in traffic that he can't handle.

and the refs made a call against him.Incredible is they allowed him to shoot a few freebies

Yeah, the 3rd and 4th fouls were especially bad. Not even CLOSE to being fouls.

As hard as Christmas may seem to work, he never has his hands up and never asks for the ball. It goes both ways really. And on a related note MCW was bailed out by Triche tonight. If MCW continues to think "score 1st, pass 2nd" we'll need career games from someone on a nightly basis. I hate to say that as happy as I am for the win, our team isn't playing as Well as it was in December and early January and is nowhere near its potential or ready for March.

I slightly respectfully disagree. If you have both hands up, you'll lose position. Need one hand low to maintain position and not only that, you only have 3 seconds at a time. Watch next game, there are plenty of opportunities to feed him.

It's called competition getting better=flaws are more exposed. JB's teams are historically, unfortunately, not prone to getting "better" consistently throughout February/March.

Bingo.

Early in the game, pins his man under the rim. No entry pass.

Seals man, no entry pass.

At a certain I would just stand around, set my picks, and rest too. Why wouldn't you?
He can't make a shot. That's why they don't pass it.

He can't make a shot. That's why they don't pass it.

As evidenced by his 56% shooting percentage (and no way ALL 64 of his makes this year were dunks - can someone look that number up?). I realize there are growing pains and he's by no means a great finisher, but the guards get to develop their skills during game competition by handling the ball - if you never let the big men touch it, they're not going to get better. It's really that simple.

Plus, it keeps him playing hard. It pays dividends and most games of late nobody else is scoring so I can't really understand how it would devastate us to try to develop our post men a bit.

The only time that MCW seems to want to give him the ball is when he gets jammed up going to the basket. Then it's a 4 foot pass at Roc's feet in traffic that he can't handle.
The only time MCW wants to give up the ball is for a sure dime = stat stuffer = selfish player

As evidenced by his 56% shooting percentage (and no way ALL 64 of his makes this year were dunks - can someone look that number up?). I realize there are growing pains and he's by no means a great finisher, but the guards get to develop their skills during game competition by handling the ball - if you never let the big men touch it, they're not going to get better. It's really that simple.

Plus, it keeps him playing hard. It pays dividends and most games of late nobody else is scoring so I can't really understand how it would devastate us to try to develop our post men a bit.

We need a love button. Maybe just a little heart option next to the like and reply buttons.

It would be interesting to see what contributes to that 56%. I'm willing to bet that the majority IS in fact from dunks or tip-ins/put-backs. Rak doesn't demand or even want the ball. When he does get the ball (aside from an offensive rebound, put-back) he won't even face or make a move to the basket and usually kicks it back out. For all his athleticism he uses none of his power. Perhaps it is an issue of not being worked with by the staff to develop a drop-step or something but he sure as hell hasn't channeled his energy or shown any passion. Where ever or with whomever the blame should be placed for the team's lack of low post production doesn't really matter. The bottom line is we will need some production down low, from someone, to make a run to Atlanta. At the beginning of the season I thought and hoped it would come from Coleman.

It would be interesting to see what contributes to that 56%. I'm willing to bet that the majority IS in fact from dunks or tip-ins/put-backs. Rak doesn't demand or even want the ball. When he does get the ball (aside from an offensive rebound, put-back) he won't even face or make a move to the basket and usually kicks it back out. For all his athleticism he uses none of his power. Perhaps it is an issue of not being worked with by the staff to develop a drop-step or something but he sure as hell hasn't channeled his energy or shown any passion. Where ever or with whomever the blame should be placed for the team's lack of low post production doesn't really matter. The bottom line is we will need some production down low, from someone, to make a run to Atlanta. At the beginning of the season I thought and hoped it would come from Coleman.

This is the one area where I disagree. Just looking at tonight, there were several instances where he did a nice job of sealing his man, and the guards just will not deliver the ball. I'm not sure when you're seeing him get the ball tbh other than on tips or lobs, but typically it seems like he gets it as a bail out pass when MCW or BT leave their feet and have no other option.

Two games ago was the only time I recall us making any sort of effort whatsoever to get him touches.

A lot of the time when he gets the ball, it is on a bail out pass from one of the guards and he's standing about 12' from the basket. That's too far for your center to make a post move to the basket. Look at the ND/Prov (I believe) games- he can knock down shots when given opportunity.

I believe that in the latest recap of the Coach's show, JB specifically said they needed to do a better job of getting Rak the ball. So... either that was lip service or the team isn't doing what he wants them to... or Rak is doing a bad job of getting into good positions to receive the ball...
:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom