All Decade Team | Syracusefan.com

All Decade Team

OrangeBlood

Starter
This is just something interesting to get away from Fine talk for a bit. I know this has been discussed before on this board, but it is always interesting.
I am going by 99-2000 team to last years team.

1st team
1- Flynn
2- McNamara
3- Anthony
4- Warrick
5- Jackson

2nd Team
1- DeShaun Williams
2- Rautins
3- Wes Johnson
4- Etan Thomas
5- Onuaku

3rd Team
1- Scoop
2- Devendorf
3- Shumpert
4- Duany
5- Fourth (By default)

Interesting idea.

1st team
1- Rautins
2- McNamara
3- Anthony
4- Warrick
5- Onuaku

2nd Team
1- Flynn
2- Devendorf
3- Shumpert
4- Jackson
5- Forth

3rd Team
1- Scoop
2- Duany
3- Wes
4- Roberts? Harris, out of position?
5- Watkins

Yikes, not a ton of quality power forwards in that decade.

Wesley Johnson was a very good one, and a nice guy, but it seems wrong to put a one-year player above Shumpert (unless that one-year player is Carmelo). And Etan's gotta be on the '90s team.

This is just something interesting to get away from Fine talk for a bit. I know this has been discussed before on this board, but it is always interesting.

2nd Team
1- DeShaun Williams

Ooof.

1. J Wright
2. D Williams
3. M Jones
4. D Greene
5. Billy Celuck

j/k

1. Flynn
2. Macnamara
3. Anthony
4. Warrick
5. Thomas

1. Hart
2. Duany
3. Shumpert
4. Johnson
5. Onuaku

1st team
1- Flynn
2- McNamara
3- Anthony
4- Warrick
5- Jackson

2nd Team
1- DeShaun Williams
2- Rautins
3- Wes Johnson
4- Etan Thomas
5- Onuaku

3rd Team
1- Scoop
2- Devendorf
3- Shumpert
4- Duany
5- Fourth (By default)

No Jason Hart?

No Jason Hart?

I'm not sure an all-decade team for the aughts should have guys from the class of 2000. Aughts = fall 2000 through spring 2010. No Hart, no Etan.

I'm not sure an all-decade team for the aughts should have guys from the class of 2000. Aughts = fall 2000 through spring 2010. No Hart, no Etan.

I'm just going by the original post, which indicated that 1999-2000 was the first year. Etan was listed on one of the teams the OP had, so if that's the starting point, Hart definitely deserves mention.

I'm just going by the original post, which indicated that 1999-2000 was the first year. Etan was listed on one of the teams the OP had, so if that's the starting point, Hart definitely deserves mention.
Yeah, I know. Just thought it'd be fun to join someone else's game and change the rules to suit my opinions, in the true sporting spirit.

Yeah, I know. Just thought it'd be fun to join someone else's game and change the rules to suit my opinions, in the true sporting spirit.

LOL! Got it!

TEAM 1-
PG- Flynn
SG- Devendorf
SF- Melo
PF- Warrick
C- Jackson

TEAM 2-
PG- GMac
SG- Rautins
SF- Wes
PF- Donte
C- AO

TEAM 3-
PG- Edelin
SG- Shumpert
SF- Nichols
PF- Harris
C- Watkins

I did mine pretty quick, so I am not married to it, but I like the looks of it on the surface. Especially for the first two teams I tried to keep the positions realistic, so if you just want to call them guards instead of PG and SG, obviously Mac makes the first team.

Some of the toughest decisions for me were Hak vs. Wes as a 4. Rautins' chemistry vs Devendorf's talent, and where to work in all of our 3s that were obviously not 1st team worthy, but still too good to leave off. I think Damone was the only one I couldn't fit in somewhere.

Just looking at the first team, I think Jonny, Melo, and Hak are locks.

For the 2, I think it partially depends on if this is a team you are creating, or just recognizing the best players. Like I think Gerry was a better player than Andy, but if I'm creating a team, I probably don't want Jonny and Gerry at the top of my zone, so I'll take Andy for the length.

For C, I think I would go with AO. But Rick was a pretty damn good player as well.

An interesting angle to take, to kind of combat a guy who played for one year vs a guy who played for 4, is to just take a year from each player, but only using each player once.as go

so like
Jonny 09
Andy 10
Melo 03
Hak 05
Rick 11

is my first team. Gerry is a better player than Andy to me, because he did it for 4 years, but it's entirely possible Andy from 2010 was as good as any single year Gerry had.

First Team

PG - Johnny Flynn (not much to say, great player, needed to stay here longer)
SG - Gerry McNamara (4th in points scored, 1rst in 3 pointers)
SF - Carmelo Anthony (don't need to say much here)
PF - Hakim Warrick (dunk machine)
C - Daryl Watkins (ranked 5th in career blocks)

Second Team

PG - Billy Edelin
SG - Andy Rautins
SF - Wes Johnson
PF - Rick Jackson
C - Arinze Onuaku

I'll follow the rules specified by the OP and include the class of 2000 team. Also, to more accurately reflect the talent, I'm going to lump people positionally into "Guard" and "Forward," without having to be locked into specific positions.

1st team
1- Flynn
2- Hart
3- Anthony
4- Warrick
5- Thomas

2nd Team
1- GMac
2- Rautins
3- Wes Johnson
4- Shumpert
5- Onuaku