All-In Recruiting Strategy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All-In Recruiting Strategy

It was.

Was supposed to be at her house at 630, but got a call from another one at 5 saying she wanted to go to the softball field and play some catch, so I tell 630 that I'm going to be late, play some softball with the one, run home and shower then ended up at the originals at 830. Works been crazy lately, trying to juggle all this is putting too many miles on the car, a dent in the bank account and my sanity.

All that said, would LOVE to settle down, but finding a nice long term woman in Vegas is very difficult.
Going to the softball field to play some catch. Is that what the kids are calling it now days?

Going to the softball field to play some catch. Is that what the kids are calling it now days?
Only when it reminds you of an old, broken in, leather mitt.

Yeah, was legit! lol Had a glove in my car practicing baseball with a buddy and his son from a week ago and she saw it in there this weekend, then get the call out of the blue to play some catch and hit some balls. She's only 23 and athletic (pretty hot looking) and when I pitched to her she was ripping line drives like Miguel Cabrera. She asked if I wanted to hit, thought twice but was like I better do this and better hit them further than her. Mind you, haven't played softball in probably 5 years nor swung a bat of any sort in that time, first two pitches, nailed bombs probably 50-75 feet over the fence. She stopped there saying she didn't want to lose the balls, there's a ravine probably 100 feet after the fence and it was getting close. Made me want to start playing again. lol

I think we'd be better served if we stop pursuing 5 star guys. Let them sign with UK, Duke and Kansas, etc. Go for 4 star guys and high level 3 star program guys. Get back to what made SU the program it is. We're a blue collar team. Not to mention it's hard to replace the one and done players.

I think we need to also offer MORE guys, and take the first four star guys that fit a program need. Enough waiting for the prima donnas. Do you want to play 'Cuse ball or not? If they do, they'll know we will move on from them if they don't sign. A more high pressure sale. No more putting all our eggs in one basket. Something needs to change. The college game has changed and we need to evolve too.

A shout out to JT and EA... you are wanted and needed in an Orange uniform!

I agreed with most of your post.

However, I have no issue with pursuing the 5 stars. We seem to get one every so often. The problem is when you pursue the 5 star kid & you are also not pursing the other kids as well & even more so when we are not willing to accept a commit if a 4 star wanted to come here because a 5 star is stringing us along.

However, I have no issue with pursuing the 5 stars. We seem to get one every so often. The problem is when you pursue the 5 star kid & you are also not pursing the other kids as well & even more so when we are not willing to accept a commit if a 4 star wanted to come here because a 5 star is stringing us along.

Agree on both counts.

I agree with you. I wrote later in this thread that we should continue to pursue 5 star guys but if a four star guy is willing to sign you take him EVERY time over the 5 star guy waiting for an offer from Kentucky, Duke, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom