All signs pointing to Pinstripe Bowl | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All signs pointing to Pinstripe Bowl

ive been so focused on all you crack smokers thinking russell or maybe belk, i forgot to look behind Syracuse and the Pinstripe.

yep, its real possibility the Yankees will want a different team their little bowl. last thing they will want is to be pigeonholed as the bowl Cuse goes to when they cant make a top tier bowl.

this is not the Syracuse Invitational, this the PINSTRIPE Bowl.

whens the compass?? next week??? :noidea:

Oh Lord

Tonight 8:00 on the Discovery Channel

I would be surprised if the best team in the BE fell all the way to the NSEW bowl.

Means very little. Bowls have always been about and always will be about fannies in the seats.

If we were the best team in the BE we would have beaten Rutgers and Cincy and it would all be a moot point.

oh good lord, its one of those bowls on WildCard Weekend?!?!?!?!?!?...... :bang::bang::bang:
:eek::eek:

:rolling:

:bat:

Oh Lord

Yep. I immediately went to the NFL schedule and then smashed my head on the desk.

this would be too funny.

people telling us russell and we end up playing a game closer to march madness than the normal bowls are played.

I'll most likely only be able to attend the Pinstripe, but Compass vs. Ole Miss would be kinda cool. Beat two SEC teams in one year? Sign me up.

Means very little. Bowls have always been about and always will be about fannies in the seats.

If we were the best team in the BE we would have beaten Rutgers and Cincy and it would all be a moot point.

Tis true but lucky for us we play in the BE where there is no such thing as a traveling fanbase.

Giants won't have to play in wild card weekend after they win the East. That's all that matters.
Yes they do, if they finish as the third divisional winner don't they?

If an 8-4 (4-3) Cincy team, losing 2 of 3, is more attractive than a 7-5 (5-2) SU team, winning 3 straight and 5 of 6, for a game in Charlotte, then I.give.up.
Not 8-4, but 7-4. Only one of their FCS wins counts towards bowl eligibility.

If they lose I expect Syracuse to head to Charlotte.

Not 8-4, but 7-4. Only one of their FCS wins counts towards bowl eligibility.

If they lose I expect Syracuse to head to Charlotte.

I was thinking 8-4 based on the optics, more than anything else. I only think of the FCS thing when it relates to having the minimum # of wins.

Thats also NFL Wildcard Saturday. yuck.

Edit: ha. I just saw kaiser and marsh noticed that too. yuck

Aren't the Saturday playoff games at 5 pm and 8 pm? From a TV perspective I don't think it's in the way.

Aren't the Saturday playoff games at 5 pm and 8 pm? From a TV perspective I don't think it's in the way.
Yeah. TV wise you can watch everything with the bowl starting so early. But I'd hate to be sitting in Birmingham and missing the Wildcard games.

not really, but its not ideal.

i will go on record right now and say, 1/5/13, the New York Football Giants will be at home, at 8pm.

i would have to watch the 2nd half of the Cuse game in the parking lot.

guess, either way im watching a Cuse Bowl game outside in the cold in the NYC area...:noidea:

Oh Lord

not really, but its not ideal.

i will go on record right now and say, 1/5/13, the New York Football Giants will be at home, at 8pm.

i would have to watch the 2nd half of the Cuse game in the parking lot.

guess, either way im watching a Cuse Bowl game outside in the cold in the NYC area...:noidea:

Oh Lord

PBR will be even cheaper if you buy it from the grocery store. Win win.

If we go to Beef O' Brady and play a Tulsa, then I'm not watching.

Yeah. TV wise you can watch everything with the bowl starting so early. But I'd hate to be sitting in Birmingham and missing the Wildcard games.

Sorry, I was just talking TV because I didn't think anyone would actually go to Birmingham. But, for those who would be attending the NFL home games, I can see where it's a problem.

We travel far better than Pitt or Cincy. I can't remember which road game it was this year, but even Pitt fans were laughing at themselves because they sold exactly 89 tickets.

Sorry, I was just talking TV because I didn't think anyone would actually go to Birmingham.
<uh, hmm>*

* at only 3 hours away, it would be hard not to go

Sorry, I was just talking TV because I didn't think anyone would actually go to Birmingham. But, for those who would be attending the NFL home games, I can see where it's a problem.
it also sucks for those of us who like to have shlit to watch on different days. hate it when everything falls same day.

i like it when i can say...'listen i cant rake the damn leaves on saturday and sunday for the Orange and Giants are on respectively' (i realize that statement may be very difficult for you CNYers to understand, as raking leaves is the #1 fall priority, but i digress).

plus putting that game on a day when the football world has turned its eyes towards the National Championship and the NFL is ridonkulous.

this would be too funny.

people telling us russell and we end up playing a game closer to march madness than the normal bowls are played.

who are those people telling you russell?

I'm sorry - but what bowl sets its game in Birmingham freaking Alabama and expects the BE representative's fans to travel?