All signs pointing to Pinstripe Bowl | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All signs pointing to Pinstripe Bowl

Worse
ive been so focused on all you crack smokers thinking russell or maybe belk, i forgot to look behind Syracuse and the Pinstripe.

yep, its real possibility the Yankees will want a different team their little bowl. last thing they will want is to be pigeonholed as the bowl Cuse goes to when they cant make a top tier bowl.

this is not the Syracuse Invitational, this the PINSTRIPE Bowl.

whens the compass?? next week???

Worse jan 5 when everybody has had enough and NC game is 2 days from then, making this a joke game

who are those people telling you russell?
you, for 1.

and your post putting out 2 scenarios.

both with Cuse in the Russell. :rolling:

you, for 1.

and your post putting out 2 scenarios.

both with Cuse in the Russell. :rolling:

Oh, I told you that huh? You mean I posted my scenarios?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Bees said it was a lock

Actually I said lock of the year

I'll most likely only be able to attend the Pinstripe, but Compass vs. Ole Miss would be kinda cool. Beat two SEC teams in one year? Sign me up.
to beat two SEC teams though

i gotta think the worst we do in pinstripe. if compass doesn't want pitt again make a deal and take cincinnati and we will play in belk or russell

Wow. It looks like Rutgers is going to Belk. hahahahaha. I guess anyone can write a blog these days
http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/11...012?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I no longer want the Belk. Clemson still has a good shot to make the BCS. They would need Oklahoma to lose @TCU and Kent to lose to NIU, without NIU getting into the Top 16. So if Clemson goes BCS, FSU beats GA Tech, and GA Tech is denied a waiver:

Chicky VT
Russell NC St
Sun Duke
Belk at large non BCS team, likely LA Tech

So if the choices are Duke/LA Tech on a Thursday or Texas Tech/Baylor on a Saturday, give me the Pinstripe. I still think we have a good shot at the Russell should UL beat RU. If RU wins then forget it, we are Belk or Pinstripe. Russell will take UL over SU. Then I would hope Cincy goes Belk, but I think we definitely get picked over them (ugh). If RU loses then I could see us sneaking ahead of them, with some help from the ACC, to get the Russell. Then RU would go Belk and Cincy would go to the Pinstripe (poor Pinstripe).

Possibly against Ole Miss who was 6-6 and lost 3 of their last 4 games. But two of those losses were to LSU & Georgia. Their signature win was against #24 Miss St 41-24 last week. That bowl takes place in 38 days.

Schedule

The big East is 5-1 in this bowl. The only loss coming last year by Pitt vs SMU 28-6

More about the Compass Bowl

Official Site
If they have to play Ole Miss going to be a tough game. They have played well this year and last few games have played pretty decent. Have a good QB, RB, and some decent WR's. The defense isn't too bad either. The game they really blew was at home against A&M back in October.

I no longer want the Belk. Clemson still has a good shot to make the BCS. They would need Oklahoma to lose @TCU and Kent to lose to NIU, without NIU getting into the Top 16. So if Clemson goes BCS, FSU beats GA Tech, and GA Tech is denied a waiver:

Chicky VT
Russell NC St
Sun Duke
Belk at large non BCS team, likely LA Tech

So if the choices are Duke/LA Tech on a Thursday or Texas Tech/Baylor on a Saturday, give me the Pinstripe. I still think we have a good shot at the Russell should UL beat RU. If RU wins then forget it, we are Belk or Pinstripe. Russell will take UL over SU. Then I would hope Cincy goes Belk, but I think we definitely get picked over them (ugh). If RU loses then I could see us sneaking ahead of them, with some help from the ACC, to get the Russell. Then RU would go Belk and Cincy would go to the Pinstripe (poor Pinstripe).

You're gonna make Kaisers head explode.

I would be surprised if the best team in the BE fell all the way to the NSEW bowl.

Nothing surprises me with this group of clowns in Providence. Remember 2001 when a far better SU team fell all the way to the insult.com bowl?