All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

That's what McQueary did. Or that's what he sound like he did from the reports. He reported it. He didn't break it up.

I can't imagine not breaking it up.

Everyone seems to keep forgetting that Paterno, McQuery, Schultz and Curley testified to the Grand Jury in January of this year. They were certainly subpoenead to testify before that, I will guess in the Fall of 2010 if not earlier. They permitted someone who THEY each knew was a pedophile to have continued access to PSU facilities without restriction during all of 2011. That's all I need to know.

Everyone seems to keep forgetting that Paterno, McQuery, Schultz and Curley testified to the Grand Jury in January of this year. They were certainly subpoenead to testify before that, I will guess in the Fall of 2010 if not earlier. They permitted someone who THEY each knew was a pedophile to have continued access to PSU facilities without restriction during all of 2011. That's all I need to know.

Why?

Actually, Mojo ... I've done it.

As an 18 yr old A3C, I was accosted by an officer, a Captain who was the Administrative Officer in the Civil Engineering Squadron. He propositioned me, attempted to grab my junk. I was stunned. But I called my section chief, who called our Captain (an ex-PA State Trooper.). And the whole thing was off to the races.

Between the lie detector tests and the courts-martial --- all based on only my testimony -- and the cross-examination, it was not a lot of fun. Serious business. There were some in the chain of command who seemed to wish I had shut up. At the end of the day, all the guy got was a "Conduct Unbecoming" conviction.

I did everything right. I took the courageous path. I also ended up in Viet Nam, which I always suspected was to get a reminder of an unpleasant experience off the base. Maybe not.
I stand corrected. Hats off to you sir. Glad to hear that you and your superiors were more courageous than these so called men at Penn State.

I wonder if it comes out that Sandusky was sexually abused as a child

My list:

1. Sandusky
obviously a huge gap
2a. PSU President
2b. PSU AD
3. Paterno
4. McQueary

1. Sandusky
2. Anybody who knew about Sandusky and did nothing to stop him

Why?

The same reason I wouldn't give a known rapist the keys to my house while I was out of town and my wife was home alone. SOMETHING BAD MIGHT HAPPEN.