All the Sunday morning John Woodens | Syracusefan.com

All the Sunday morning John Woodens

AccuRater

2nd String
It's in the books. We won the game. So now all the Sunday morning John Woodens are out.

"Grant should have played more."

"Cooney should have played".

With a minute to go we were up by 8. It was still a game we could have lost. Not likely but still possible. With 10-15 fewer minutes from Brandon, Michael, CJ and James, would we still win? I don't know. But all the John Woodens do.

JB is certainly capable of exercising poor judgement, but is there a coach in college basketball who is more deserving of the benefit of the doubt? There could be a lot of reasons why he does or doesn't play someone - disciplinary, poor practices, match-up issues, etc. For example, Fair said he didn't play at the end of the UConn game because he wasn't being aggressive enough under the boards. I think we saw the result last night (11 RBs).

I don't think a HoF coach should have to defend every decision he makes to a bunch of whiny message board posters who have probably never played at a lever higher than intramural teams.

The season is going to come down to how the lineup of mcw, bt, James, cj, and rak play together. The others need to contribute, but that is the lineup that we will see the most of down the stretch.
Why would cooney go in yesterday anyway with the game Brandon was having? At no point was the game comfortable enough for Trevor to get extended minutes, and we need to win. Also virtually every team is playing zone to protect against mcw and bt's penetration. Opposing teams would rather have them shoot jumpers instead of create for themselves or others. Southerland plays over grant in this case because we need someone who can make shots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom