All time favorite player team | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

All time favorite player team

shocked at seeing so many lists that don't include Melo.

My favorites:

{G} GMac and Sherm

{F} Wallace and Warrick

{C} Etan

Bench is Rony, Coleman, Nichols

shocked at seeing so many lists that don't include Melo.

My favorites:

{G} GMac and Sherm

{F} Wallace and Warrick

{C} Etan

Bench is Rony, Coleman, Nichols
Put me down as one.

Melo. DC. Billy. Sherm. Dion. I don't need an bench with that lineup.

I only go back 10 years so staying within that timeframe. Not sayingthis is my favorite but why the H@ll not.
Team Trickshot.
PG-Billy E
SG-Gerry
SF- CJ
PF- Warrick
Center- AO

subs-
Pg- Flynn just for his Dribbling abilities
SG-Devendorf fire swag and trashtalking.
SF-Pace - Love that Harlem Globetrotter floater and the motor.
PF-Kristoff for his hustle and recklesness for his health.
Fab Melo for his shotblocking
I guess I will add Paul Harris because of his celebrations.

Ask me after this year and Grant/Ennis could be up there.

Favorite Players:

PG: Andy Rautins ( the '09-10 team was vastly better when he was on the floor. Gotta put him at the point because I love the 2G's).

2G: (Tie between 2 great shooters: Greg Monroe and Jimmy Lee. G-Mac not far behind).

C: Elvir Ovcina (a 7 foot flake who could bury the 3. IF only JB had played him at the 2. Yes, I am kidding).

PF: Rudy Hackett (If not for DC, people would still be talking about him. Now, largely forgotten. Look up the numbers. Better yet, look at the photos. Totally cool).

SF:Leo Rautins (best all-around player ever at SU. He excelled at every aspect of the game. Also the most under-appreciated player).

6th Man: Josh Pace (loved the energy he brought off the bench and the NC that resulted.)

Favorite Players:

PG: Andy Rautins ( the '09-10 team was vastly better when he was on the floor. Gotta put him at the point because I love the 2G's).

2G: (Tie between 2 great shooters: Greg Monroe and Jimmy Lee. G-Mac not far behind).

C: Elvir Ovcina (a 7 foot flake who could bury the 3. IF only JB had played him at the 2. Yes, I am kidding).

PF: Rudy Hackett (If not for DC, people would still be talking about him. Now, largely forgotten. Look up the numbers. Better yet, look at the photos. Totally cool).

SF:Leo Rautins (best all-around player ever at SU. He excelled at every aspect of the game. Also the most under-appreciated player).

6th Man: Josh Pace (loved the energy he brought off the bench and the NC that resulted.)
Greg (set shot) Monroe was a great complimentary player! I always hoped Matt Roe would continue that tradition, but he wanted to be more multi dimensional, so he moved on to Maryland.

Waiters --> Loved watching this guy take over games.
Warrick --> I still find myself watching him cram on kids via hour long youtube sessions.
Devo --> Finished with the best of them.
Onuaku --> Incredibly skilled big man who was one of our more consistent players ever.
Pace --> Guy did it all. Very underrated.

Others: Nichols, Ongenaet, Carmelo, G-Mac, Edelin.

A decade later...

Mike G
Josh Pace
Carmelo Anthony
Hakim Warrick
Rakeem Christmas

Bench: Maliq Brown, GMac, Dion Waiters, Wes Johnson, Arinze Onuaku, Eric Devendorf, Marek Dolezaj

That's my 12 man rotation of favorite players that I can remember a significant amount about.

Twitch Wow GIF

PG - Ennis
SG - Moten
SF - Melo
PF - Wallace
C - Melo

B - Dion Waiters
B - Todd Burgan
B - Andy Rautins

We never play more than 8 so I’ll leave it there…

My all-popcorn team.
PG- Jason Hart
SG- Stevie Thompson
SF- Dave Johnson
PF- Rick Jackson
C- Arinze Onauku

Bench- Glenn Sekunda, Red Autry, Elimu Nelson, Andy Rautins, Melo, Tyus Battle, Michael Lloyd, DC, Billy Owens

My Perfect 2-3 Zone Roster

PG - McW
SG - Dion
SF - Melo
PF - Wallace
C - DC

Bench

Guards: Sherm, GMAC, Rautins
Hybrid: Gbinije
Forwards: Owens, Warrick, Wes
Center: Fab

Forum statistics