All-Time SU Hardnosed team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

All-Time SU Hardnosed team

Who was the long-snapper in the 90's who I think started as a walk-on and maybe earned a scholly that would consistently hike the ball on punts and be down-field almost as fast as the gunners?

I thought Tebucky Jones was a pretty hardnosed safety after making the move over from the offense.
I remember the WVU game when he stuck a TE in his tracks just as he caught a ball. After laying on the turf for a few minutes he left with a concussion. I believe his stat line for that day was 11 tackes, 1 interception, and concussion.

I remember the WVU game when he stuck a TE in his tracks just as he caught a ball. After laying on the turf for a few minutes he left with a concussion. I believe his stat line for that day was 11 tackes, 1 interception, and concussion.

That's the game!! I remembered him laying out someone which triggered me to put him in the hardnosed discussion but I couldn't remember the exact play... That is a hardnosed stat line

If Marvin Graves isn't the quarterback then I question everyone's sanity on this board more than I do already.

Just rewatch that 41-0 gator Bowl beat down of Clemson sometime. Sick.
I'm not saying he wasn't amazing. He was one of my favorite players. I still remember him catching a rifle from Graves his sophomore year with one hand reaching over his head as he went out of bounds. It was smooth as silk. But I also remember him catching balls and immediately falling to the ground without being touched as a pro. It was probably a good decision, as he was never more than 190 lbs, but it wasn't hardnosed.

I'd have to say Joe Morris, since he plowed me over during a game in Archbold vs. Boston College. I was a ball boy at the time and let’s just say I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Who was the long-snapper in the 90's who I think started as a walk-on and maybe earned a scholly that would consistently hike the ball on punts and be down-field almost as fast as the gunners?

Kwazi Leverette?

I'd have to say Joe Morris, since he plowed me over during a game in Archbold vs. Boston College. I was a ball boy at the time and let’s just say I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Too bad you weren't between him and the Dome wall the very next year. It would have helped him immensely. :)

Okay at first I was going to nominate Chris Gedney (still think he deserves it) however after just watching The Express for the 50th time I will go with Art Baker the widow maker and Big John Brown for all the abust they took in the Cotton Bowl by those Texas good ol' boys but they followed Ben's instructions and they didn't swing back!

Kwazi Leverette?
No he is not the guy I was thinking off, it will come back to me some time. I am sure if I looked at some old rosters I would recognize his name.

Oh and I think it goes without saying Ernie Davis after they intentionally tried to injure him and hae came back in the 2nd half hurt to help us with the national championship, and his bravery while fighting leukemia!

I'm not saying he wasn't amazing. He was one of my favorite players. I still remember him catching a rifle from Graves his sophomore year with one hand reaching over his head as he went out of bounds. It was smooth as silk. But I also remember him catching balls and immediately falling to the ground without being touched as a pro. It wasn't probably a good decision, as he was never more than 190 lbs, but it wasn't hardnosed.

I think it was established in an earlier post that it was a hand gun :rolleyes:

Too bad you weren't between him and the Dome wall the very next year. It would have helped him immensely. :)

How true, but I don't know how much of a cushion I would have been. I was only 140-145 pounds at the time. Actually, I was at that game. The Dome got really quiet after Joe hit the wall.

I thought Tebucky Jones was a pretty hardnosed safety after making the move over from the offense.
Donovan and Tebucky played safety the way it should be played , take no prisoners and track everyone down. Those receivers for USC never would have run away from Jones, he would have caught either one and put them on the sidelines. They were both big at 215-225, and made a couple pro bowls.

Andrew Robinson and Perry Patterson. Jk but really, Dyshawn Davis in a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom