All Walk On Team | Syracusefan.com

All Walk On Team

With all the depth questions I thought this would be fun. This will separate out the die-hards from the casual fans.

G - Justin Thomas
G - Brandon Reese
F - Donavon McNabb
F - Elimu Nelson
C - Melvin Tuten

How can you forget Roniel Heron? Give him a few more inches and he is a scholarship player. For real too, not like all the people who said Brandon Reese would start on "most other teams."

I was always partial to joel katz and joey kohm myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Mcclanaghan. Done well for himself

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Mookie Jones

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

How can you forget Roniel Heron? Give him a few more inches and he is a scholarship player. For real too, not like all the people who said Brandon Reese would start on "most other teams."
Roneil has to be on the team. Remember when he was called off the bench to make those free throws? He was an important part of the 2003 team.

Roneil has to be on the team. Remember when he was called off the bench to make those free throws? He was an important part of the 2003 team.

The year before he made the team my buddies and I used to play pick up games with at Archibald. Needless to say it was a lot more fun when he was on our team.

Rony Seikaly. If I remember he walked into the offices and said he'd like to play just before the school year started. Completely unrecruited.

Ah, Cal Perry. Andre Hawkin's wingman at the party in Hartford after we lost in the BET to BC that afternoon. So many fun memories of that trip:

1. We lose in the first game because Leo Rautins traveled on an inbounds play that occured after at time out, but not after a basket.
2. John Belushi died that night.
3. Someone (not me) did a "Baby Ruth" from Caddyshack in the hot tub in the Sheraton pool area.
4. Although I was invited to the infamous party featuring the drunk Villanova Wildcat mascot who was female, I didn't make it due to the imbibing of too many Fribbles after the loss.

Ross DiLiegro. Cool guy to hang out with, too.

Elimu Nelson was really good. Jim Hayes was a solid big guy, too. I remember Chris Schau being capable, but after referencing OrangeHoops.org, I see no evidence that he ever scored a point in his career. And how about Lockwood and Young Vinne Cohen?

Obviously Mike Williams and McNabb. Not really a fan, but Justin Thomas could certainly play. Herron and Ty Albright have to be on that list.

I'm afraid a number of good players came before Mr. Reese.

With all the depth questions I thought this would be fun. This will separate out the die-hards from the casual fans.

G - Justin Thomas
G - Brandon Reese
F - Donavon McNabb
F - Elimu Nelson
C - Melvin Tuten

Nelson wasn't much more than 6'0" - forward might be a bit ambitious.

There is no question the Captain of this team should be David "BARTMAN" Bartelstein in a lanslide.
#11 in your program but #1 in your heart. How could you not love the guy? He was nothing but heart out on the floor. Kid's hairdo was a hairdon't but we shouldn't hold that against him. Wasn't his nickname something like Vanilla Thunder? If I recall correctly I think someone told me that DC would call him Giligan because he was his little buddy. I have never seen Vitale get more excited about a kid that wasn't a Dookie than he did over Bartelstein. Not sure what he's up to these days but it wouldn't shock me if he was mentoring young athletes on how to deal with jersey chasers. He was no doubt a chick magnet despite being about 5-5 120 pounds. I wish they would bring him and all the walk ons back one night and honor them with a banner. They worked just if hard if not harder than anyone else who has put on a SU uniform.
God bless them all - especially Bartelstein!

Reactions: cto
not like all the people who said Brandon Reese would start on "most other teams."

How can a list like this be started without BRNCUSEFEVRCUSE at the top? Just ask him, he would've owned Brandon Reese, and likely everyone else on the team en route to the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom