"Almost every pitcher in the big leagues is using ... | Syracusefan.com

"Almost every pitcher in the big leagues is using ...

some foreign substance on the ball." he says, and here's how they do it. :cool: Lester and Buchholz aren't going to like this ... :(

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/zaun-101-the-art-of-cheating/
didn't bother to watch the video. Every pitcher uses something to get a better grip. Hitters want guys that can kill them to have a solid grip on the ball. You notice it is never the oppostion that complains. That is no where near the same thing as loading up a ball. A major league hitter knows right away when a pitcher is loading up a ball. Neither Buchholz or Lester do that.

didn't bother to watch the video.

Really? And yet somehow your response to it is valid? Come on dash, you're better than that.

Last edited:
Really? And yet somehow your response to it is valid? Come on dash, you're better than that.
I'm really not better than that. I believe that every pitcher does use stuff to get a better grip. But there is a big difference between that and a spit ball. Very few do that. And a big league hitter knows right away when that is happening. They immediately ask for the ball to be checked. Buchholz and Lester never have the ball checked. Cripes, the balls are thrown out with any touching of the dirt.

I'm really not better than that. I believe that every pitcher does use stuff to get a better grip. But there is a big difference between that and a spit ball. Very few do that. And a big league hitter knows right away when that is happening. They immediately ask for the ball to be checked. Buchholz and Lester never have the ball checked. Cripes, the balls are thrown out with any touching of the dirt.

Better grip? Please. They put stuff on the ball to make it move more, thus more difficult to hit. Look at the video, it's only a few minutes, and actually quite interesting. Unless of course, you're afraid you'll learn something you won't like :)

Better grip? Please. They put stuff on the ball to make it move more, thus more difficult to hit. Look at the video, it's only a few minutes, and actually quite interesting. Unless of course, you're afraid you'll learn something you won't like :)
two different issues. One, they put it on the ball for a better grip. Period. Doctoring the ball makes it move down without any spin. Neither Buchholz or Lester's balls do that. I couldn't care less if it did. But it doesn't. Not one big league hitter has ever asked to have the ball checked on lester or buchholz. Not one.

I don't think Jon Lester is too concerned about this author's work.
186398116.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom