Alum or community member? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Alum or community member?

Local... I grew up going to games and tailgating... It was and is still a family event. I was on my parents seasons until '96 and I have had my own ever since. Attended LeMoyne so I was able to enjoy the big campus feel on the weekends and small classes during the week .

Born in Binghamton, raised in Western NY, was an SU fan growing up due to my dad. Remember the hoops national championship game in 1987 very vaguely. First real memories came in 1993-94-95. John Wallace run sealed the deal. That was my team. Undergrad ‘03 grad. Not local but family lives in B’Ville. Try to get as much as I can for games but not as frequent as I would like. SU basketball is #1 non-negotiable in my sports life. SU football probably #2, though the Bills are creeping up.

Grew up as a fan in the Finger Lakes area and later became a grad. Still a fan, but now living in Clemson territory.

Community - Cortland .. Went to my first football game when I was 6 years old in Fall of 1990 and pretty much was hooked from the start.

Alum, class of '91. Dad is an alum. Went west upon graduating. Went back last summer with my boy for the first time in 30 years - campus is beautiful. M Street faded. Summer in CNY sure is nice though. LGO!

Alum, class of '91. Dad is an alum. Went west upon graduating. Went back last summer with my boy for the first time in 30 years - campus is beautiful. M Street faded. Summer in CNY sure is nice though. LGO!
I agree on M street. So much to do down there in the 80s, now it’s a dump.

My last two years I lived on the lake and down Cayuga from the Hall of Justice.
i lived in 3 spots - danby rd. right up road from campus, then we moved to a house in varna, ny which was a tiny town off 13 on way to cortland right across the street from the cornell ag school (we used to go over there and mess with the cows every once in awhile). then finally on north tioga downtown. great times at ithaca!

i lived in 3 spots - danby rd. right up road from campus, then we moved to a house in varna, ny which was a tiny town off 13 on way to cortland right across the street from the cornell ag school (we used to go over there and mess with the cows every once in awhile). then finally on north tioga downtown. great times at ithaca!
Lee Harvey???

Cuse city townie, lifelong fan, SUNY Oswego alum. Played college basketball against SU. (Back then believe it or not we won- pre scholarship days). Played basketball with and against many SU alums including Vera Jones, Sheila Nash, Martha Mogish, Felisha Legette, Sue Ludwig, Chris Palumbi, SU Coach Barb Jacobs, Beth Mowins (grad school), Eileen Smith Edsall, Chari Crouse, Danene Hobson, Marva Cook etc, In the late 70’s, 80’s maybe early 90’s too. ExSU players, Jim and Mike Lee owned 2 bars with other SU grads(some football too) - the Orange Grove & Mrs O’Leary’s and sponsored womens A city rec basketball teams - great fun and rivalry. Many moons ago. No way you weren’t a fan of SU sports though.

Okay, sorry for going off subject but a funny story. Playing and guarding SU’s Vera Jones, an excellent player, in a game, she asked if it was okay with me if she played exclusively left handed her being right handed, needing practice. Of course it was no problem, I was a fan too plus she was a nice person and was currently playing at SU. I then told her I was going to only use my right hand if it was okay with her. Again, no problem. She did very well, I gave her kudos for some great moves etc during the game. Fun and challenging person to guard, she and her team won. After the game she thanked me and also complemented me on my game using just my right hand like I had for the use of her left hand. I laughed and told her I was pathetically right handed. (3 dribble max with my left- :)) Good laugh and nice person understanding my warped sense of humor.

I’ve been a giant SU fan for 4 decades but I attended a SUNY school and Lemoyne for graduate work. I’ve recently wondered how many on here are actually Alums? I’ve never had any affiliation with the school but have followed them closely for local pride. Is it odd to be so invested in a college team when you didn’t attend the actual college?
You probably bleed more orange than many of us.
Family from Rome; graduated from SU; alumni board member; losing my connection as every year ticks by.
Daughter looking to go SU but most likely UCLA; son might go for soccer...