Am I addicted? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Am I addicted?

My wife has mocked me for years for all of the time i have spent on this forum.

You've got it made, I'm with Finwad. I wish my wife would mock me, instead she's always busting my b@lls that I'm on the laptop.

My reply, "so if I wasn't on the computer I would be staring at the TV watching some stupid show I don't care about and we still wouldn't be engaged in conversation, I might as well at least look at something I like". This doesn't go over too well.

You've got it made, I'm with Finwad. I wish my wife would mock me, instead she's always busting my b@lls that I'm on the laptop.

My reply, "so if I wasn't on the computer I would be staring at the TV watching some stupid show I don't care about and we still wouldn't be engaged in conversation, I might as well at least look at something I like". This doesn't go over too well.

I do. She watched the entire Packer game with me. She also recognized Jim Caldwell up in the booth as the "old colts coach." How I got so lucky I have no idea because I am a complete tard.

Speaking of what MartyCuse said and talking SU sports with people...This is the only place where I can talk to other die hard fans. People in my daily life are not die hard. I was talking to a buddy of mine and I said ZA de-committed and he said "who."

No one else I know is die hard, only one other person follows basketball recruiting as much as me.

People generally ask me what I know about certain players or certain stories.

I log on and this is usually either the first or second stop for me, 1,2 with facebook and here. Flip it around every now and then.

This is a getaway for me, a place for me to discuss SYRACUSE sports all the time.

Also it really is an amazing job the mods and admins do here.

At work, at the bar, everyone I talk to about sports up here are complete idiots. This is the only place I can go for actual sports talk.

I do. She watched the entire Packer game with me. She also recognized Jim Caldwell up in the booth as the "old colts coach." How I got so lucky I have no idea because I am a complete tard.

My wife does know her sports, so I'm lucky in that way too. She's not big into the SU BB, finds it boring but was the impetus for getting FB seasons and loves my Chicago Bears too. I think she understands the game better than some of the guys I work with.

She gives me a hard time during the week when we're not watching sports and I'm on this site all the time.

I spend 8 hours a day on this forum. Only thing that gets me through work. You're fine
I probaly spend half the day here waitihg for the next commit or breakin news lol on the rivals site quite a bit as well

I'm waiting for someone to say that they are following the football board on their IPad and following the basketball board on their laptop, all at the same time. It would definitely be easier to just keep hitting refresh instead of keep having to toggle between the two boards.

Something tells me that the theme of this thread runs true for many on this board. "Hi, my name is Clifton and I am a Syracusefanaholic".

That's what you have 2 iPads for

Carpal tunnel syndrome?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My wife told my son today "sorry Daddy isn't paying attention to you and his head is buried in his phone. With all the problems in the world, Daddy is worried about a coach and a quarterback."

Proud moments in parenthood.

your wife really should be ashamed of herself.

I tell her I'll put down syracusefan when she puts down Facebook. The conversation ends quickly.

^^^^^This and also Pinterest??? God my wife is so lame ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having one if those "I'm not alone in the world" moments. It's like Adam finding Eve -- of course without the procreation, snakes, and brother killing brother. Oh, wait ......

Oh, & can I "like" every post in this thread say 1,000 times each?

This has been one of my favorite threads ever. Should be tacked up top!

this is hilarious because it is so true...who hasn't had half of this stuff happen to them...
and yes, it is the one place where we can come and everyone is on a similar level of interest in the program, yep it is all true!

You guys all obviously married the wrong women. I my case, my ex-husband did not understand/appreciate my fixation with SU sports.

My wife said yesterday, "I could be walking in front of you completely naked and you wouldn't even notice".

My reply, "I dare you".

Crickets...

My wife said yesterday, "I could be walking in front of you completely naked and you wouldn't even notice".

My reply, "I dare you".

Crickets...

I almost spit my coffee at iPad. similar situation happened to me Saturday night. Somethings are more important than others. So I went back to researching whether Adkins was leaving or not

I almost spit my coffee at iPad. similar situation happened to me Saturday night. Somethings are more important than others. So I went back to researching whether Adkins was leaving or not

Especially in the recent weeks, she has had multiple conversations with me that have ended with me saying, "What was that?"...

Aye...

Especially in the recent weeks, she has had multiple conversations with me that have ended with me saying, "What was that?"...

Aye...

How about the "you're not even listening to me, are you" comment? Of course, the comeback is that I heard everything you said and you repeat her last sentence and hope there is no further probing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom