Am I the only one not nearly as psyched about the Tournament with SU not in it? | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one not nearly as psyched about the Tournament with SU not in it?

I will still watch a lot of games but will focus on games that have an underdog potentially winning or to cheer against teams I hate (UConn, Duke, Indiana)

Although I’ll be watching the tourney I’ll have not nearly as much interest or passion as a year when Syracuse is involved.

Just wondering

I will watch Day 1... I hope its interesting because I may quickly fade after that.
Had a very hard time getting into the NCAA the past few years.

I'm not sure how much I'm going to watch. This was my 1st time in a long time not tuning in to Selection Sunday. I haven't filled out a bracket for many years. If we were still in the Big East, maybe I'd watch to cheer some of those schools on, but don't feel the same connection with the other ACC schools.

When SU is in the tourney I always pick them to the FF and pick agains the teams they have to play to get there. It has somewhat worked when they advance. I have better luck when they are not in more objective selections. Feel good about Murray State to Sweet 16.

I used to be like that when we didn’t make it, because every time I would go into the selection show thinking we at least had an outside shot at getting in.

This year I’m desensitized and detached enough that I don’t really care and Im excited for and think I’ll enjoy the tournament. I mean, we weren’t remotely close. I got over the disappointment a long time ago.

It's become just another major sporting event on the year's calendar. it will be like watching the Masters or the Indy 500. It's still very watchable and will be interesting to a guy like me who looks at everything as history being made that we are privileged to witness as it happens. But he passion you get when your team is involved in it will be lacking.

Each year I say that my goal for the SU basketball season is to be "curious, not nervous on selection Sunday". I can report that that was achieved this year, although not for the reason I hoped for. (In fact, I took a nap.)

It caused me to recall this segment form a long-ago Oscar ceremony:

I'll watch. The round of 64 is great theater. Always a bunch of exciting games.

When SU is in the field, do some of you just tune in for their game and ignore the rest?
I’ll watch, I am in a completely different state of mind when Syracuse is in though. And it’s it is so much more enjoyable, especially when Syracuse moves on.

Nope don’t care at all. Haven’t even looked at the bracket yet. Sad, the tournament used to get me through the dreariness of march, now It’s wordle. What has my life become?

The 1st round Thursday of the NCAA Tournament is my favorite sports day of the year. Every year. Of course the tournament isn't quite the same without the Orange in it... but even that doesn't take away the joy of the first 2 real days of the tournament. Best thing in sports!

I think college basketball in general -- not just the NCAA Tournament -- is not as interesting as it once was. That is because of the turnover of players. As fans, you can't connect with or learn players on other teams. Even with Syracuse, there are now just one-year eras. The team changes over every year.

SU fan, but also a basketball fan.
Difference this year: haven't even looked at the brackets yet.
But as always, will watch NCAAT games while monitoring 2nd half scores to catch the best games/finishes.

Yes, it sucks. However, March Madness never disappoints. I watched a ton of great games on Saturday even though Cuse was out. Plus, I might do some crazy parlays from the comfort of my couch. One can only dream about picking every game correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom